Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A light hearted view of the different tribes of ski-tourers, what type of ski tourer are you?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Weathercam wrote:
@holidayloverxx, seriously OH has various ladies ski touring skis etc that she's looking to sell and we can bring back to the UK if you and other ladies might be interested, her Nordicas Santa Anna's being very sweet

No thanks. I'll be sorted in Austria.

Other ladies? Not quite Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Splitboarders

How to spot them - they have better looking girlfriends than ski knobs Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hang11 wrote:
Splitboarders

How to spot them - they have better looking girlfriends than ski knobs Happy

Did initially mention to the OH that Splitboarders should be a Tribe in their own right, or they should go under a tribe, Faffers Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For once I have to agree with weathercam. "Jerry" is a bit of fun. We've all been Jerry's at some point and we all have plenty of Jerry moments ahead, certainly not limited to beginners. JOTD, pro callouts, best skier on the mountain are all tongue in cheek fun to stop skiing being so serious.

I have a friend who's a tourminator. Name any piece of equipment and he can tell you how many grams it weighs. Gets confused when you tell him 10grams probably doesn't really change his uphill speed much, and he would have likely got better results (and saved a significant amount of money) by just doing a bit of exercise during the summer!

Lockdown has definitely made me into a virtual tourer snowHead

The distressed boyfriend/girlfriend

WHO - significant other of ski touring enthusiast who has invited them along to share the joys of his/her hobby (or perhaps just got let down by other partners). Having been reassured numerous times that they will have a nice relaxed day of gentle touring is taken on a tour outside their ability in terms of uphill, downhill, or sometimes both.

How to spot them: slowly trailing at the back of the group hating life. Looking increasingly concerned about the ski down. Shouting angrily at significant other.

Most likely to say: "you told me this would be fun"

Least likely to say: "When can we go touring again"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The name on one of my season passes is Jerry mcstudmuffin. Was surprised when it got issued but been rocking that for nearly 20 years Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very impressed with the young chap who got off the bus at the Grands Montets this morning with his jacket already tied around his waist and proceeded to saddle up on a pair of 1988/89 season Rossignol 4Gs (GS race skis of the era) with some weird frame bindings (Fritschi?) and alpine boots and head on up the Pierre à Ric.

Chapeau!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Digi-fit Tourer

WHO - this is a group of tourers who measure the success of their ski tours in fitness figures and nice graphs from gadgets. Their meaning of life is actually based on these figures. When not exercising they will be comparing their performance with 4367 other people on strava at any given time.

How to spot them - They will most likely be the male of the species and are often in a group of 'friends' (read other people with whom they compete). While in their natural habitat they are often sat in front of a large screen hooked up to a hometrainer going at it hell for leather while their head shakes like Animal from the muppets.

http://youtube.com/v/VeQg2auVlU4

Essential pieces of kit - The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys and the latest kit is where it's at. GPS, fitness watches, power measurement devices, XTR/carbon or lighter bike components, go faster gloves etc.

Least likely to say - I'm going to stop using Strava.

Most likely to say - It's not so much what they say but how they breath. Pushing their body to the limit with a bright red face and a head that is about to explode; they will frantically breath as if giving birth while at the same time watching a screen which shows heart rate, VO2 max, wind speed, ETA, cadence, steepness, slope angle, barometric pressure, climbing speed etc). This unusal breathing pattern and intense realtime digital analysis will be used for all their activities incorporating physical exertion (e.g. ski touring, road biking, MTBing, kite surfing, power walking, trail running, hula hooping and sex - with or without a partner)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@DB, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Type 11 (or alternately 11)

Numerical dyslexics

- So occupied in their hierarchy of smugness they fail in the basics of laying out a pecking order of 7
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dave of the Marmottes, chapeau!

You made me look but I'm glad I did. Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I've passed your comments on to the wordsmith responsible, and for the whole piece I hasten to add rolling eyes

Just back from a rather sweet ski-tour this morning, at least I try and make the most of my life Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

http://youtube.com/v/4-PIckHrZ0o
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy