Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weird knee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the weather had got better recently I dusted my bike off and went on a few gently cycles with my son. One day last week, I then went out on my own. I'm in the "do not go gently" camp when it comes to exercise...

Anyway, when I got home, my right knee felt weird. I don't know how else to describe it. It wasn't painful, but the left hand side of my right knee doesn't feel right. There's no weakness, I can still squat/lunge but it's been a week now and it still feels odd.

Any ideas what it could be? Should I be booking in to the chiropractor? Should I not be using it for strenuous exercise (it's leg day later this afternoon!)?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Timmycb5, A good physio rather than jungle medicine?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, I have no idea to offer on what might be wrong with your knee but I think I'd be dialling back a bit on the stress. Keep it moving, moderate cycling with high cadence, make sure you stretch all the associated muscles, no deep squats, not too many lunges (maybe none!) and with good form - ensure your knee is not ahead of your foot, etc.

I have had a range of the usual skiers knee problems (and other problems needing physio input). I know a couple of good physios and they would not support your "do not go gently" philosophy. It's a man thing, and not a good one, especially as you get older.

How is your weight? Overweight, even by a few kilos, will put a LOT of extra strain on your knees.

See a physio, not a chiropracter. And finally, don't compete with your kids....... Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I can never remember the difference between people who jingle about with bones and ligaments. There's a bloke who deals with rugby and skiing injuries locally. Think I might need to go see him.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you clipped to your pedals when cycling? If so, it could be mis-aligned cleats on your shoes. You may need to adjust them laterally to even out the pressure on your knee when you pedal. Here is a handy picture accurately reflecting you expression as you mash the pedals, I expect Toofy Grin

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Klamm Franzer, thanks Klamm. No I was on my mountain bike going over some fields/tracks. The second arrow on the medial is exactly where it feels weird though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got similar symptoms early in lockdown which turned into intense pain at night, even sleeping with a pillow between my knees. Go and see a physio and follow his/her advice. A bit of ultrasound can help heal soft tissue quite quickly.

Good luck Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

Yup I agree
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Angry MCL = medial collateral ligament most likely IMHO. I'd recommend orthobullets for info and then just google exercises and the such.

Make sure knees track straight while cycling, do squats once able.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy