Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs to Geneva on a Saturday. How long?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’ve booked some flights for Geneva for a small group of us next January. We return at 20.35 on the last Saturday of the month.
How long should we give for the return transfer from Les Arcs ( in a minibus). I want to know whether we will get most of a day’s skiing in.
Many thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
4 Hours ? (allowing for possible delays..) then two for the airport ; pack in the skiing at 1pm?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Driving a hire car from Les Arcs back to Geneva takes me about 2:30 but as @albob, says allow some extra time for possible delays. I usually leave about 16:30 for a 21:30 flight and depending on how much packing up of the apartment we have done in advance stop skiing somewhere between 14:30 and 15:30. I think the extra half day you get from a 6 day pass expires 12:30. So get up the Varet telecabine about that time ski down to pre st esprirt and get the bus to your departure point.

The big thing to watch out for are big exhibitions at the Plaxo centre. The Geneva motor show can cause some significant delays. And just check on road works as you travel to the resort. If one of the various tunnels is closed delays can be huge.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, thanks for the advice. As there is a group of us we could split a private transfer between us and that would take out some drop off faff. Transfer companies would normally know the score regarding exhibitions and tunnel closures so that might be money well spent.
That said, we are only going for 3 nights so may be better value to choose a closer resorts like Morzine or Chamonix ( but have done these loads and fancy a change), as we were hoping to get a bit more in on the last day..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Grand Massif area ? : A bit further than Morzine, but not much
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
EdYarker,

It's surprising how much skiing you can do on departure day in a relatively short time. We always ski on our departure day, when possible.

If you can get in 4 hours or so, of not so lesiurely skiing, I'm sure you will feel like you've had a very decent ski.

We usually have season passes for the 3 Valleys and, with bags packed and ready to go, have squeezed in a couple of sessions of skiing as short as 45 minutes. It really was worth it! Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@EdYarker, I've done a number of weekends to Les Arcs and have't fond it much trouble. We used to get a late flight out on a Thursday or Friday getting to the resort about midnight and leaving about 16:30 on the Sunday. One year we left Les Arcs early on the Sunday morning and skied Valmorel on the way back. Valmorel is about 40 minutes closer to Geneva than Les Arcs. If you want to extend your skiing by another day look at getting a hotel for Saturday night in either Moutiers or Albertville and flying back on the Sunday.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@EdYarker, if you tell them you have a 20:35 international departure (and whether you want to allow for eating), won't a decent transfer company tell you what time they need to pick you up? They may of course change it up to a few days beforehand depending on weather, roadworks, check-in/security delays ...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If I was driving clients back for a 2035 flight on a Saturday in late Jan, I'd be looking at leaving resort around 2. *Should* be late enough for the worst of the traffic jams to have died down.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone for your very helpful advice. I thought 2pmish was a likely answer and as @Bergmeister, states you can can a lot of good skiing in by that time.
@albob, the Grand Massif is on our list ( along with La Clusaz) but we’ve found a great hotel in Les Arcs and I fear that at our age the hotel will win over an extra hour’s skiing!
@ecureuil, we will probably go with a transfer company rather than can hire, which will allow for a quicker drop off and leave the decision to those with the local facts at our finger tips. Many thanks to you all.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@EdYarker, what hotel are you going to?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mercure 1800. Seems a good price to facility/ location ratio. Happy to hear from anyone who has used it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@EdYarker, The Mercure hotel was completely renovated priot o the 2019/20 season. It should be good
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds great thanks. The biggest plus for us was the number of large quad rooms, which kept the price down. Everything else seems on point and if it’s recently been renovated, so much the better.
Happy to hear any mor info/ advice about the area if anyone is kind enough.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy