Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI school snow experience?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, couldn't find an answer to this online, hopefully somebody knows since BASI is nog getting back to me on this...
For the 35h hours of experience, does it matter if you shadow a ski or snowboard teacher? I'm really hoping these both count Smile and if i'm missing a few hours, could I just get some lessons as well? Does that count as well?
Thanks! Jan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jan.nevejans, IMHO you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not shadowing a teacher in your own discipline for the 35 hrs.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tubaski wrote:
@Jan.nevejans, IMHO you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not shadowing a teacher in your own discipline for the 35 hrs.
thanks for your honest reply, but I'm living in a tiny ski resort in switzerland and there won't enough snowboard lessons tot shadow unfortunatly. And I'm getting my my ski level one and snowboard level 2 next season while working (an ea-kind of internship) so I'll have plenty of opportunity to shadow snowboard teachers there. (You are BTW allowed to het your 35 jours behind réception for exemple si don't see how that would help as well)
Regards Jan
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jan.nevejans, in reality BASI won’t care what it is as long as someone has signed the box on the sheet and the head of the ski school has signed it at the end. A lot of the gap programmes seem to have a very loose interpretation on “shadowing” - I watched a group get hours for attending a guest welcome meeting once. At least shadowing a ski lesson you can still get experience of things like group management and terrain selection. Just do as many snowboard as you can.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jan.nevejans, out of nosiness why basi not ess?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jan.nevejans, From the BASI website:

A total of 35 hours minimum of teaching/snowsport school experience is part of the Level 1 Instructor Qualification. These hours need to be completed after attending the Level 1 Instructor Course, any hours completed before attending this course will not be accepted, as we perceive the information you gain from the Level 1 Course will enhance your understanding of BASI philosophies.

Teaching/Snowsport School experience may include any of the following:

Understanding how bookings are taken and how people are selected into different standards
Shadowing experienced Instructors delivering lessons
Hours completed at slopes using Maxxtracks technology, such as Skiplex or Chel-ski**
Understanding how customer satisfaction is assessed and how dissatisfied customers are dealt with
Understanding how the Customer satisfaction procedures improve Instructor and administrative practices
Taking part in and understanding in house staff training for Instructors
Understanding how Snowsports Schools maintain Safety standards and maintain their currency of good practise
Understanding the Risk Assessment process that Snowsport Schools and Instructors take
Understanding Accident and First Aid procedures including accident reporting
Students should provide a breakdown in writing of what they have covered during their Snowsport School experience, this should be on headed Snowsport School paper and be signed by the Snowsport School supervisor.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gämsbock wrote:
@Jan.nevejans, in reality BASI won’t care what it is as long as someone has signed the box on the sheet and the head of the ski school has signed it at the end. A lot of the gap programmes seem to have a very loose interpretation on “shadowing” - I watched a group get hours for attending a guest welcome meeting once. At least shadowing a ski lesson you can still get experience of things like group management and terrain selection. Just do as many snowboard as you can.
I'm glad to head that! Thanks!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@Jan.nevejans, out of nosiness why basi not ess?
'' no worries about the noisiness. Valid question. M'y trench is not quite good enough to lezen how to teach in french unfortunatly Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@Jan.nevejans, From the BASI website:

A total of 35 hours minimum of teaching/snowsport school experience is part of the Level 1 Instructor Qualification. These hours need to be completed after attending the Level 1 Instructor Course, any hours completed before attending this course will not be accepted, as we perceive the information you gain from the Level 1 Course will enhance your understanding of BASI philosophies.

Teaching/Snowsport School experience may include any of the following:

Understanding how bookings are taken and how people are selected into different standards
Shadowing experienced Instructors delivering lessons
Hours completed at slopes using Maxxtracks technology, such as Skiplex or Chel-ski**
Understanding how customer satisfaction is assessed and how dissatisfied customers are dealt with
Understanding how the Customer satisfaction procedures improve Instructor and administrative practices
Taking part in and understanding in house staff training for Instructors
Understanding how Snowsports Schools maintain Safety standards and maintain their currency of good practise
Understanding the Risk Assessment process that Snowsport Schools and Instructors take
Understanding Accident and First Aid procedures including accident reporting
Students should provide a breakdown in writing of what they have covered during their Snowsport School experience, this should be on headed Snowsport School paper and be signed by the Snowsport School supervisor.

Thanks for the copy paste Neh Neh Nice of you to actually look it up for me instead of telling me to go look it up. But did find this EVERYWHERE Neh Neh just too vague to answer my specific question Very Happy This is the nicest forum is have ever come across wow i''m impressies!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jan.nevejans, The key words are "Snowsport experience" which is translated as any snowsport related activity. So a mix of shadowing on skis or boards, office working (in a snowsports environment), like taking bookings and managing customers, taking part in management activities, setting up a class in a training environment. Pretty much anything really. Your snowport manager/instructor should be aware of the requirement.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@Jan.nevejans, The key words are "Snowsport experience" which is translated as any snowsport related activity. So a mix of shadowing on skis or boards, office working (in a snowsports environment), like taking bookings and managing customers, taking part in management activities, setting up a class in a training environment. Pretty much anything really. Your snowport manager/instructor should be aware of the requirement.

Sweet! Yep I figured that would be the case, but thanks for clarifying !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy