Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Recon 120 or 130?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about buying a pair of K2 Recon LV 120. Tried it out at my lokal boot-fitter and it fitted like a glove. The only concern is which flex i should take 120 or 130. Does any of you have any experience regarding the flex for this boot. I consider myself a advanced skier that ride 50/50 piste/off-piste. I ride all pistes in all conditions but not the steepest offpistes i difficult conditions. The skis i ride is Nordica Enforcer 100 185cm and I am also thinking about buying a pair of Atomic Redster Doubledeck 3.0 SL 171cm.

Best regards, Anders (Sweden)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anders, välkommen till Snowheads snowHead
What did the bootfitter say? They've seen how the boot fits on your foot, and whether you can flex it in the shop.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought the 120 and the bootfitter said it was fine. But they did not have the 130 in the shop.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am 185 cm and 90 kg
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd sort of think I'd be in 130s if I were you, but, hey?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@LuddeL, which shop (I'm assuming one of the local shops based on your profile)? I've had some not-so-great experiences with some of them here.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Udens
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@LuddeL, hmmm. I had them recommended to me by friends here. Their fitting process involved trying on multiple boots, without any real link to how I described myself (intermediate, ok for a Brit but nowhere near many Swedes who've been skiing all their lives). No shell check, only offered a different size because I asked, and when I said the 130 boot they'd offered felt too stiff - no real comment. I'm 175 tall and 65kg, and slim, so not obviously stronger than you'd expect. I didn't buy.

Turns out they were trying to sell me a boot a size too big; they didn't have a smaller size in stock. Maybe the language barrier was a problem, but I got the impression they just wanted to sell me a boot and weren't willing to say that they didn't have the right boot.

My gut feel is the same as @under a new name, the 130 is more suitable for your stats.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tråkigt. Har alltid känt att jag fått ett professionellt bemötande på Udens och att de inte bara vill sälja på en grejer.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@LuddeL, that's what I'd heard too, but unfortunately my experience was not so good.

Back on topic, did you buy the 120s? If not - why not ask them to order in a pair of the 130s to compare? If you'll but one or the other, it's not a lot to ask of them.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The only difference is the liner.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’m keeping the 120. Fits like a glove and thats worth more than 10 flex. 95% of the time i think the 120 flex will be enough.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CH2O wrote:
The only difference is the liner.

And 100 euro Eh oh!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy