Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not all French Lifties have hearts as cold as their hands...

Poster: A snowHead
I rather got the impression that the French rigorously enforced closing times on lifts. But in the recent EoSB (has it been mentioned here? wink ) I was saved an expensive taxi from Orelle back to Val Thorens by a kind-hearted liftie a full five minutes after the Rosael chair had closed. (I'm sure Yvonne, whom I was skiing with, was equally thankful!)

So here's what to do: lean on the entry gate, head in hands and groan loudly wink Oh and be prepared to have the lift stop the moment you're off! Shocked

Further kindness was then evinced on the other side of the mountain as thick fog meant I had to side-slip down a run from pole to pole - even if the first pisteur to catch us up did call me a mad woman! A chain of three pisteurs - I will not forget the ever-present gold-toothed smile of the last - saw us safely down to the town... Very Happy

Did I get the wrong impression in the first place? Have others seem similar kindness? Or have the gates remained resolutely closed?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TallTone, that impression that you previously had is based on certain posh and popular resorts - certainly not true here! How nice of them - they would have been looking forward to their supper I should think. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The alternative in La Plagne is to state the closing time of the lift at the entrance 15 mins earlier than the lift actually closes Toofy Grin Confused
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TallTone, I would buy a lottery ticket if I was you.

PS You mentioned the crying bit, but left off the "cry like a baby"
Anyone got any idea what the taxi fair would have been? I reckon its about 180 miles round trip Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At a guess, I'd say a night at a local hostelry would probably work out cheaper!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe that was the plan, sneak of to the hidden valley with a snowhead of choice and hole up in a room for the night. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier, please don't judge everyone else by your own standards. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pure as the driven snow, me. Blush
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FenlandSkier wrote:
Pure as the driven snow, me. Blush

Normally, after driving through snow, it goes all slushy, brown and generally yucky. Is that what you are?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin wrote:
At a guess, I'd say a night at a local hostelry would probably work out cheaper!

And more fun Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
it goes all slushy, brown and generally yucky.

I think that dirty might be a more appropriate description. wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'll sue, I'll sue I tell ya, that's definition of character that is. Confused
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All you need to do is talk to them, I find there always friendly. We met some nice ones in Tignes and Val D at last years bash who let us on after closing time to get us back to the Funicular
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Russell, ahh yes that 'run' across a narrow stripe of what was left of a piste.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FenlandSkier, the ribbon of snow Laughing
ski holidays
Not much chance of making wide GS turns was there rolling eyes
snow report
I understand the VT lifties will even assist if you become beached on rocks Laughing
snow report
Several years ago were staying in Bettex (I think). Our apartment was down a road a good 10-15minutes drive from the lifts. But there was a trail/path through the forest up from the aprtment to a lift and runs. We regularly came down the runs after closing and then on down the track, but to get to the top of the runs required one short drag. Some of our group left it too late for the final drag (on purpose - they just planned to walk it), but the lifty told them to hang on and when a ski patroller came past on a skidoo he got him to chuck out a rope and give my mates a tow to the top so they didn't have to walk.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy