Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Picking the right Ski passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It’s time for locking ourselves onto one of the myriad of competing ski passes for the next season. My new strategy is to alternate between the major passes each season to try to visit and ski as many beautiful ski resorts as possible. With that in mind, I tried to capture all the ski resorts and the passes that service them in one spreadsheet so that I can pick the resorts that I want to ski in a season and the find the best passes that service those resorts. I also plotted these in Google maps for an easy visual representation.

Resorts and Passes spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MIE1haVIvjgA6prBcH6_6ouf8RrhfQqsf3ksZpO1HDw/edit?usp=sharing
Map View: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1EJsiTzZenSJu2hz_sBNUeGxzIXn4fvdc&usp=sharing

[NOTE: No monetization or commercialization agenda with the links - it's my personal tools that I am sharing for snowheads' use]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
$1300 for six days in Vail; or 500E for the season in the Grand Massif? Mmm, let me think...

I randomly clicked on a youtube yesterday, about the decline of the US ski industry. It makes more sense now.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oopsy!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 2-03-21 15:18; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nice work... Welcome
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

$1300 for six days in Vail; or 500E for the season in the Grand Massif? Mmm, let me think...

Nobody is really paying that for Vail. Epic local pass was 630 euros and would have got you unlimited skiing at a bunch of resorts in Colorado and 10 days at Vail. You've picked the worst possible rate for Vail and the best one for grand massif (the full price season pass is actually 1000euros). The epic local pass - and even the full pass which gets you unlimited skiing at Vail and access to even more resorts is cheaper than many of the bigger European resorts season pass (in some cases around 40% cheaper!).

For those skiing lots of days n American passes generally work out pretty good value. It's the people skiing a few days a year that get ripped off with high day rates. It's just a different model though - personally I'd rather have the N American model which rewards people for doing more days.

Anyway its apples to oranges because the ski experience is different in both places. For some paying a bit more for one or the other is justifiable as it provides a better experience.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
100%
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MagicPass in Switzerland should be a good bet for next year. Not a lot of 'big' resorts, but plenty of skiing, for not a lot of money (even less for me, as they have offered to commute mine from this to next season as GB residents can't get to Switzerland - for leisure purposes)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albob wrote:
nice work... Welcome

Thank you!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charliegolf wrote:

I randomly clicked on a youtube yesterday, about the decline of the US ski industry. It makes more sense now.

If anyone needs to demonstrate what "confirmation bias" is, this is a great example! Smile

boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

Nobody is really paying that for Vail. Epic local pass was 630 euros and would have got you unlimited skiing at a bunch of resorts in Colorado and 10 days at Vail. You've picked the worst possible rate for Vail and the best one for grand massif (the full price season pass is actually 1000euros).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy