Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women’s lightweight touring rig

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dabber wrote:
@BobinCH, last is 100 not 104 as stated , typo for sure

Ankle hold is good and fit out of the box is very good , the boa system cinches down really well to give excellent ankle hold , and the walk mode is soo comfortable that no need to undo buckle and straps on transition is a real bonus


These also looked really good at 1050g but not available in right size
https://www.sport-conrad.com/produkte/fischer/my-travers-gr.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItsL1v8rr7gIVgtxRCh0-yQ8qEAQYAiABEgIOhvD_BwE
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BobinCH, back on skis, one of the Blizzard zero-g girls models is a really pretty colour. And they're pretty light too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BobinCH wrote:
Decision time... Have plumped for @Spyderjon’s Speedguide 80’s with @Gorilla’s ATK Crests and the Technica Zero-G Scouts. Not a truly lightweight boot but she’s ditching so much weight this setup will feel like walking on air. And hoping the Zero-G’s will have some future freeride potential. Current Dalbello’s are a 98 last so the Technica 99 should be manageable. Thanks to all for all the ideas and personal recommendations as always snowHead


Already pulled the trigger? I could comment on the Salomon MTN 88... Btw, men's and women's series of the MTN are the same ski except for the topsheet and some of the offered length.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tristero wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
Decision time... Have plumped for @Spyderjon’s Speedguide 80’s with @Gorilla’s ATK Crests and the Technica Zero-G Scouts. Not a truly lightweight boot but she’s ditching so much weight this setup will feel like walking on air. And hoping the Zero-G’s will have some future freeride potential. Current Dalbello’s are a 98 last so the Technica 99 should be manageable. Thanks to all for all the ideas and personal recommendations as always snowHead


Already pulled the trigger? I could comment on the Salomon MTN 88... Btw, men's and women's series of the MTN are the same ski except for the topsheet and some of the offered length.


Yep trigger pulled vu still interested in your experience with both MTN 88
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH, here ya go: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLfigNrF6k4/?igshid=w1nr3il1jvhq
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bit late, but I have narrow feet (just been fitted in a Lange 97mm last) and tour in the Tecnica Zero G Scout, and they are amazing. Super comfy, light enough and also stiff enough to ski properly. Not quite burly enough to drive a big freeride ski, but perfect on my...

...Salomon MTN 88s. I wanted a light (but not so light they get deflected all the time like my last touring skis) ski, and they deliver perfectly, and in addition are really fun on both piste and powder as well as being predictable when you're skiing horrible snow and need to not fall. The slight weight gain was more than made up for by my...

...Marker Alpinist bindings, which are absolutely awesome, very light, and very easy to step in to.

I've heard that the Scott guide series are amazing to ski, but all three people I know who've had them (Superguides) experienced the ski delaminating (in one case after only a few days), so make sure you buy them from somewhere reputable.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BlueSky wrote:
Bit late, but I have narrow feet (just been fitted in a Lange 97mm last) and tour in the Tecnica Zero G Scout, and they are amazing. Super comfy, light enough and also stiff enough to ski properly. Not quite burly enough to drive a big freeride ski, but perfect on my...

...Salomon MTN 88s. I wanted a light (but not so light they get deflected all the time like my last touring skis) ski, and they deliver perfectly, and in addition are really fun on both piste and powder as well as being predictable when you're skiing horrible snow and need to not fall. The slight weight gain was more than made up for by my...

...Marker Alpinist bindings, which are absolutely awesome, very light, and very easy to step in to.

I've heard that the Scott guide series are amazing to ski, but all three people I know who've had them (Superguides) experienced the ski delaminating (in one case after only a few days), so make sure you buy them from somewhere reputable.


Perfect! I told @Spyderjon the Zero-G Scouts would be perfect Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BobinCH wrote:
Tristero wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
Decision time... Have plumped for @Spyderjon’s Speedguide 80’s with @Gorilla’s ATK Crests and the Technica Zero-G Scouts. Not a truly lightweight boot but she’s ditching so much weight this setup will feel like walking on air. And hoping the Zero-G’s will have some future freeride potential. Current Dalbello’s are a 98 last so the Technica 99 should be manageable. Thanks to all for all the ideas and personal recommendations as always snowHead


Already pulled the trigger? I could comment on the Salomon MTN 88... Btw, men's and women's series of the MTN are the same ski except for the topsheet and some of the offered length.


Yep trigger pulled vu still interested in your experience with both MTN 88


I'm 5'9", 160lbs and actually got me the 17/18 women's version of the MTN 88 Eplore in 169cm, because this tallest W-version was very cheap to come by at one point and, as I mentioned, it's the same ski. It's a modern, fairly sophistecated, well made and thought out construction (ABS sidewall underfoot, full wood core, ultra thin Titanal layer to secure the bindings, carved out core to safe weight (=169cm ~1250g), carbon, etc.). The Ski is designed for technical ski-mountaineering and for that they are great. Edge hold is superb. Off piste stability is very good as well. Could someone my weight overpower them on piste? Of course! Easily. Like any other ski in this category. It's no 50:50 ski. And I wouldn't recommend them for ski plus - perhaps if you are at least 40lbs lighter than me. But even than I'm sure the MTN 95 would be the better choice. Basically the 88 is a ski to summit. Or for long raids. For that they are great on the down.

Btw, they are built in the Atomic main factory in Altenmarkt/Austria.
latest report



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy