Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A polite request regarding the ski Juwel area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I am thinking of a (future) ski trip to Alpbach for my wife and I. Researching the Ski Juwel Alpenbach Wildschönau resort throws up conflicting reviews regarding the amount and difficulty of available terrain, ie reds would be more deep blue Puzzled

I am a good intermediate skier and my wife is a similar level snowboarder. We tend to stick to the pistes but enjoy playing off piste too if conditions allow. I am a little concerned from reading the reviews that the resort may not be large or challenging enough for a week for us.

Do any fellow snowheads with knowledge of the area wish to share their opinions on the skiing there as otherwise it looks ideal for what we want.

Stay safe
Andy.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a perfectly good ski area with lots of varied terrain. You'll be fine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are both reasonably expert skiers, and while most of the piste skiing is not especially challenging we had a great time there. Really friendly, well maintained pistes, lovely, good value huts on the hill - perfect for a week's skiing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Restless native, I like Alpbach as a village but I'm far from blown away by the skiing, even with the newish link over to Auffach. Pound for pound I'd go for Westendorf because you have the huge SkiWelt on your doorstep via the fab Choralm run to Brixen in one direction and Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg in another (ok, a tiny free bus ride at the bottom of Ki-West). Westendorf itself has a great variety of 'proper red runs' and more accessible off piste than the other areas in my experience. Snow tends to be better there too. Basically you can do big safari skiing day trips from Westendorf, but you can't from Alpbach.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alpbach is a small, fun area that has been greatly improved by the link to Auffach. It's ideal intermediate terrain and if the intineraries are open, there is something a bit more challenging. They manage snow superbly and the runs are in good condition. Bus to Niederau for a morning/afternoon/day is an option too, but I wouldn't bother again. Had lots of fun during a week-long trip and are now planning to base ourselves in the SkiJuwel for a month either next season or 2023. Will use the good rail service to visit the Ski Welt, Zillertal, Kitbuhel, St Johann etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
It's a perfectly good ski area with lots of varied terrain. You'll be fine
Good summary. We stayed at Niederau/Oberau in the epic January of 2019 and enjoyed an amazing powderfest, especially at Auffach. We found the Alpbach side a bit busier, with the fresh snow more quickly skied out and some of the connecting runs skied down to quite slick...Still a great area though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy