Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking ahead, I'm looking for a budget trip in 2022 with a friend.

He's been to Andorra before (for a stag week, and doesn't remember too much!). I've never been.

We both like a bit of apres, so the cheaper bar prices could be a real winner.

Questions:

Whats the skiing like? I'm a piste cruiser who likes to get around the mountain a fair bit.
Is it ok to go mid March? Are we likely to find ample snow (in a normal year!)
Accomadation - somewhere to sleep, not fussed other than a bed. somewhere close-ish to the skiing and not a million miles from the apres - any reccomdations?
Are the apres and restaurants as cheap as i'm led to believe? It would be a week of eating out, I'm far too lazy to cook on holiday Very Happy
Travel - whats the best option? Fly and rent a car / get a transfer or drive down?
Resort - now you have an idea what i'm after, any particular one to go to or avoid?

Cheers for any suggestions!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went to Pas two years ago for a budget trip and it's easily the worse snow sports place I have ever been. Once you are up on the mountain it's not too bad but the town itself is a total dump. Full of fighting, dog poo-poo and drunks.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pas de la casa is indeed a dump , Soldeu is nicer

March is usually good for snow in the Pyrenees

You can get a bus direct from barcelona airport , probably the easiest way
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does anyone know whether days actually in Andorra counts as part of one's 90 days in 180 days allowance for EU travel? Obviously you have to travel via EU to get there but it seems Andorra is not part of Schengen.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ciderinsport, soldeu is a nice town and right in the middle of grandvalira ski area so perfect for exploring a huge area.

Personally I think the skiing is perfect for a piste cruiser, and you'll get slot of the reds to yourself as most people stick to the blues. March is a perfect time to go,.

Soldeu has a few lively bars and clubs that stay open till the early hours but it isn't apres on the same level as some more of the party resorts in the Alps - but plenty to keep you going.

I'm not sure it is particularly cheap these days - however measures of spirits seem to be poured free hand! So shorts really aren't short!

I've been a couple of times - Hotel Bruxelles was perfect for a cheap and cheerful boys holiday, good food, good bar and close to all the action (and the main gondola).

The second time was at the Hotel Himilaia with my girlfriend, and is much nicer.

We flew to different airports each time but my preference was flying into Barcelona and then getting the bus. The transfer is quite long but it's the most stress free and cheapest method.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ski areas in Andorra are certainly big enough. pistes are well looked after.

it is definitely cheaper for apres than majority of alpine resorts in France or Switzerland

one of the best powder days I ever had was in soldeu in second week in April

if flying there is a direct bus from Barcelona airport but the road from Toulouse is an easier drive if you're hiring a car.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Soldeu for a few good nights, Pas for the whole week inebriated. El Tarter a bit quiet for you, Canillo a bit too low for fast access to the slopes.

I’m not sure it’s much cheaper than other places, maybe a bit.

Mid March should be fine, if in doubt head up the hill to Grau Roig and Pas, than downhill to Canillo. Get up early for good cold snow, if the weather gets warm it can get sticky after 2.30 on south or lower slopes.
Try to get to lunch well before 1pm, when everyone descends on the eateries and then you have to wait half an hour for your food. At 12.30 they are dead.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Soldeu and El Tarter are great. I like the Arbaset and Dylans in El Tarter but it's not exactly a party spot. Fundamentally it's set up to be more family friendly than Pas.

The skiing for a true-blue skiier is really good, plenty of choice. The Rossignol piste is stunning with amazing views. Careful skiing back to El Tarter-there's a blue that gets very icy and can turn into a bit of a yard-sale late on as so many fall over! Instead, follow the Gall de Bosc blue that takes a bit longer, is much shallower but is a more pleasant ski to the bottom.

There's a great sport shop on the main road in El Tarter. Go up to the top floor and there are racks and racks of discount ski gear. With the tax advantages, there are some serious bargains.

Whatever you do, turn your data roaming off before you cross the border! The charges are very high.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As a few people have mentioned: I'm not sure Andorra is that cheap any more, the lift pass is about the same as somewhere in the Alps (€55 ish), and the hotels seem to have got more expensive in recent times...the cost of eating / drinking is not bad I guess
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stayed in both Pas de la casa and Soldeu. Soldeu is cleaner, prettier, quieter, and more expensive. Head to Pas de la Casa and yes it isn't pretty but prices are so much cheaper in the bars and in the shops. You can ski all the areas if you buy the full lift pass and if you miss you do miss the last lift there is a fantastic bus service. I have been mid-march and the conditions were fantastic. if you really are wanting cheap and good piste access then MANZANO APARTMENTS in pas would cover that if your wanting something a bit better accommodation wise you can't beat the Olympiades again in Pas the rooms are fantastic, great apres ski and can book anything from self-catering to full board. When in Soldeu we stayed at the piolets park and spa who run a minibus to and from the lift all-day. Hope this helps and enjoy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all, plenty to look at!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't risk taking your knuckle dusters, knives or CS gas with you as you can buy them all in the local spar.

Seriously don't bother it's not worth saving a few quid. The place reminded me of a traveller camp.

As mentioned Soledu is much nicer but limited apres.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy