Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

8 week ski program

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I came across this https://www.macrofit.co/skier-fit/?fbclid=IwAR0Bk0a2_7-4SkcVDw-XfXY38YNqxsg7Uz_NI7I7gFNdTTsw-wBKVIJ8Ips and although it looks like basic workout lunges, squats etc i like the concept of having a plan for 8 weeks, also I can repeat the week workout as much as I need. Any body got anything similar or should i just put something together on my own and save the £50?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been following John Collinson's workouts on Instagram throughout lockdown. He has to be one of the fittest and strongest guys out there. So I paid my £50ish, to support him if nothing else.

I've started the program, I do exercises for my back near enough every day and just do his bit afterwards. It looks pretty good, but the Day 1 stuff was too much for a middle aged, half fit bloke to start at - I managed 1 circuit when you're meant to do 4. So I'm building up to Day 1!

I like the fact it's mobility based as well as strength, and that it's mainly bodyweight stuff so that I don't need lots of stuff for it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have a few ideas on our site at https://www.insideoutskiing.com/info/fitness.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Macrofit reminds me of this other ski athlete programme :

https://samsaraexperience.com/

@WASHOUT, also may be worth going through these two threads:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=139748#3457608

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=138408#3292105
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's absolutely zero reason to buy that program. As you rightly say it's just generic exercises. Plenty of free YouTube circuit training videos doing the same stuff for free.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boarder2020 wrote:
There's absolutely zero reason to buy that program. As you rightly say it's just generic exercises. Plenty of free YouTube circuit training videos doing the same stuff for free.

Yep this - plenty of good advice out there, ski specific too. But if you feel like supporting someone else, go for it.
Some ideas and inspiration here also

https://www.skimag.com/performance/fitness
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a ski specific workout on BBC website somewhere by skiercross Olympian Emily Sarsfield. Part of workout Wednesday series and designed to be done in a hotel room so could be good for lockdown in bad weather. I'll find link once I'm back.on laptop.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

designed to be done in a hotel room

No Olympian is doing their proper strength and conditioning workout without weights. I'm not saying you can't achieve some decent results training at home, but we need to be realistic. I suspect many of these pro athlete endorsed workouts are for publicity/financial reasons rather than how they actually train.

In fact I kind of question why anyone other than a pro skier would do a ski focused strength program. Any general program is going to improve your physical condition. Improving strength alone is likely to have little effect on ski performance for the average skier anyway (technique is much more likely to be a limiting factor and a much quicker/easier fix). The bigger benefit is probably decreased risk of injury.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@WASHOUT, depending on how you ski, and if you are methodical and motivated, this could be just the job. If you have a spare £40. Uphill Athlete is a fantastic mountain strength and endurance resource.

https://www.uphillathlete.com/uphill-athlete-12-week-steep-skiing-training-plan/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boarder2020, the lady concerned is also a fitness instructor. Although a pro skier, she didn't get funding for a fair bit of her career and supported herself working in local sports centres I think in the summer. Where did I say it was her personal workout?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hellsbells I never said you did! I'm just pointing out it's worth being a little wary of some of these programs put forward by pros. Even if not explicitly stated there is some implication that this pro supports the program so it's like what they do. Look at what the actual ski pros do - heavy weights, simply no way to get the kind of quad strength from bodyweight exercises for that level of performance. (In fact I imagine most of the pros just do a very general strength routine and the ski specific part of their training is actually skiing!).

Uphill athlete are legit. Their focus is a little more on the endurance part than strength (not a bad thing as probably more an issue for the average recreational skier). They themselves even say just buy their book as it has all the info you need in to create their programs (and cheaper!), plus it will help you understand the reasoning behind it all. It's aimed at more serious people - expect to be getting up to around 10 hours training per week. Again they will get you using heavier weights rather than just at home bodyweight stuff.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mr Motivator demonstrating his version of a ski stance exercise on TV this morning. Would certainly cut a dash on the slopes in that outfit. Looking and sounding good for 68.

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I came across a number of workouts by Get Ski Fit on YouTube. Different levels of intensity and targeting cardio, balance and strength. I’ll be giving the beginners sessions a go to shake off the COVID calories and get piste fit for next year Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Collinson is a beast of an athlete and skier He’d been posting his core workouts for free for ages before so good for him for putting a paid program together. I’m going to do it with the little guy. Backflips here we come Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hello, thoughts are turning to ski focussed fitness again - here's a YouTube channel I like - they explain the exercises and then you follow along and the best bit is that they show ski footage whilst you are doing it!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHAu40bAvtwwLEVqe2dN3wkA_Nnf0OEqk
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy