Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland 2021/22

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Chuckles3 wrote:
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
More often than not it’s cold & icy in Jan & slushy in March
I haven't been to Wengen - but this isn't exactly selling the snow conditions to me...

I wonder if February might be OK? Laughing

Never tried Feb sadly. It can be mixed conditions anywhere at any time though as I’m sure you know. Knee deep snow or ice at any point of any season with the odd exception. We go for the magnificent scenery as much as the skiing - and the trains - best ski lifts in the world!

Have found the run grooming much better over at Grindelwald, the Wengen runs seem to chop up a lot more. Love Murren but it’s a long day there & back if going to the top.

It’s a trip everyone should take at some point.

There are no problems with snow conditions in the area as most runs are above 1800meters .The valley runs all have snow making facilities which provides for a long season. The investment in the area from Jungfrau bahn is unparalleled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jill t wrote:
There are no problems with snow conditions in the area as most runs are above 1800meters .The valley runs all have snow making facilities which provides for a long season. The investment in the area from Jungfrau bahn is unparalleled

As a Wengen regular I have to agree that the Jungfraubahn has invested a huge amount recently with the opening of the V-Bahn project from Grindelwald (replacement of the old slow gondola up to Männlichen with a new faster 10 person gondola, and the brand new Eiger Express whisking people in 15 mins up to Eigernordwand) Cool Cool . However in terms of snow making investment I doubt if any European ski area has invested more than the Italian Dolomites, their ability to make snow for the occasions when Nature has made poor provision is amazing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy