Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacing Dynastar Outland 80's

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, bought myself these skis a few years back now and loved them. I am 55 years old and can ski reds no problem and do blacks with care. Have done a bit of powder skiing but am not a powder hound. I am 6 foot 1 and 16 stone, what would suggestions be to replace these skis with, waist of ski up to 90mm and my outlands were 80 waist and 178 long. Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What percentage of your time would you spend off the beaten track?

Is Off Piste something that you wish to do more of?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes would like to do a bit more off piste, but don't want big wide planks I cannot turn on piste, I would say I am a 70% on piste 30% off. As in I get a little bit of down under the lifts and through the trees when no one else has smashed into bits. I'm not a Avi bag probe way off piste merchant, want something that will get me down a piste when it's snowed heavy and not been bashed ski
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Given your height and weight and bias towards Piste - I'd put the Rossignol Experience 88Ti in a 180 and Nordica Enforcer 88 in a 179, on your list.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Fartbag, thanks will have a look at them
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kastlè FX 86 if you want to stay under 90mm waist.

https://www.snowleader.co.uk/en/fx86-2020-KAST00139.html?size=177%20cm&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjayD0dao7gIVh-3tCh3QsAFiEAQYAyABEgI_AfD_BwE

Absolutely sublime blend of ski abilities that fullfil your remit. They just have that transition from on piste performance to getting into softer base so very refined as to be virtually transparent.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski3 wrote:

https://www.snowleader.co.uk/en/fx86-2020-KAST00139.html?size=177%20cm&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjayD0dao7gIVh-3tCh3QsAFiEAQYAyABEgI_AfD_BwE

Absolutely sublime blend of ski abilities that fullfil your remit. They just have that transition from on piste performance to getting into softer base so very refined as to be virtually transparent.

A great suggestion at a great price.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some info that may help here
https://www.proskilab.com/c/ski-reviews-2020-men-s-all-mountain-front
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also, Dynastar Legend X88 in a 180
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Old Fartbag wrote:
ski3 wrote:

A great suggestion at a great price.

Yes, when the price of those come back into range of the other skis they are definitely attractive.

The Elan Wingman in review posted by DB look interesting too. Although perhaps the higher speed focus/rating may dissuade the OP.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi @Timbobaggins, I had a pair of Outland 80XTs for a few seasons and I'm a similar height and weight but a couple of years younger than you. I was happy with them until I tried a pair of Scott Slight93 skis on an EoSB that @spyderjon had on test. Have a guess what I bought... I know you're looking for up to 90mm but at 95mm at 180cm give them a go if you can as I think they're awesome in pretty much all conditions, do off-piste and hard-pack equally well and they've helped my skiing progress.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all, will have a look at your suggestions and have a look at getting something shiney for next season Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why change? I still love my Outland Pro’s, if you are mainly on piste, stay at around 80ish , test anything over that before buying especially on a crunchy groomed piste.

Are they the green ones Toofy Grin ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@radar, wish they were the green ones, no the basic look like wood ones. A bit battered now. Bought new in 2012 for £249 from decathlon, done two trips each season since, except this one, so I don't think they owe me. If I could find a new pair of the red ones or they did an 88mm waist one I would go for them.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Radar, just realised you are George, you used to service my outlands when I lived in Hertfordshire
snow conditions
@Timbobaggins, Toofy Grin , yep, wasn’t too hard to workout who you were, the moving to Ireland was a big clue. Hope you are both well Very Happy

Got my Outlands in 2013, not planning to change them. Very Happy
latest report
@radar, yes fine thanks, still keep in touch with the diving lot. And John Davies. If I could find someone here to give them a good overall I would be tempted to keep them, bases and edges need a good workover
latest report
@Timbobaggins, I would say ship them to me (not exactly busy at the moment!), but I would imagine there is a whole load of paper work to do as you would be exporting to a non EU country. In my head you had the green ones.

Haven't seen JD in a while, something about a pandemic getting in the way Very Happy

I found anything wider than 90 difficult on piste when its a bit crunchy, we rented wide for some powder in Canada but coming back on piste was interesting .
latest report
@radar, might bring them over to you late this year IF and a big IF we can travel over, as we will possibly come over in the autumn for a few weeks Covid allowing, stay safe in the meantime
latest report
@Timbobaggins, do they still retain their camber & spring? If not, change them as they’re dead. If you like Dynastar have a look at the various sizes of Legend, for me they’re very good all purpose skis. I have the X96 length 186cm - they ski shorter than they look due to the rocker. Of course it’s probably better to try before you buy, so it’s a good excuse come over to OktoberTest! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Gordyjh, IF we are allowed to travel by October I might just do that Very Happy
snow report
I bought some Legend 84's in the summer which I am hoping will give me what you are looking for. Can't wait to try them out....off to Grand Massif on Friday.........erm...argh!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy