Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee support before meniscus surgery.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm postponing my meniscus repair surgery (maybe other damage once the doc gets inside)....until after my ski trip. I'm taking the risk versus reward approach. The worst that could happen is my meniscus folds up under itself, my knee locks up, and I end up in the ER....according to my doctor. I dont want that!!! I'm an expert skier but not in the best skiing shape. Looking for advice on knee braces to get me through a few day's of hard skiing on blues, and groomed blacks. I already have a Donjoy neoprene brace with side hinges, but looking for something more supportive for skiing. Anybody recommend a brace for the purpose described above?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm afraid your doctor has given you the answer you shouldn't be skiing until fixed
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can't think of anything that would help, sorry.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Time2fly, Have you had a MRI? If you have the report I may be able to advise you. I wouldn't go skiing until you have done some rehabilitation on that knee.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
S83.241D other tear of medial meniscus, current injury, right knee, subsequent encounter. M23.251 derangement of posterior horn of lateral meniscus due to old injury/tear right knee.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Grandma Sunshine, S83.241D other tear of medial meniscus, current injury, right knee, subsequent encounter. M23.251 derangement of posterior horn of lateral meniscus due to old injury/tear right knee.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
9 months it took me to get over a bucket tear.
Couldn't walk for almost 6 months.
Lost my job/contract.
Can no longer carry anything heavy as it makes my knee crunch.
Can no longer jog/run.
Have been told i will require a knee replacement at some point.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Time2fly, very few meniscal tears require surgery unless they cause locking or giving way. Best to try rehabilitation / physical therapy first. Is your posterior horn a bucket handle tear as that might need surgery.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don’t think you will find a support that helps much with pain or clicking but a 5mm rehband style neoprene support may help you with warmth and confidence. For what it’s worth, I skied for 5 seasons with a tear before it gave way in a horrible way in an inaccessible and rather steep couloir
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Grandma Sunshine, thanks. The doc wont know the exact extent of damage until she gets in there, but sees tears, and things dangling about. She suspects she'll need to trim, and maybe sew, but wont know until she actually does it. I think I'll wear what they gave me and take it easy on the groomed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try a patella band just below the knee as well.

I remember searching about my injury & was pointed to stones clinic in SF who uses pig parts
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Time2fly, Must be different in the US as surgeons over here tend not to go in for exploratory knee surgery but rely on MRI results instead. I don't think any brace would give much protection to further skiing injuries if you need surgery. Best of luck on recovery.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some meniscal tears are fine to ski on as long as the knee doesn’t swell. Typically medial meniscus without any piece that is catching should be doable. It won’t be perfect but I’m not usually too worried about a deterioration . If there is meniscus getting caught in the joint that is a very different matter. Jonathan Bell
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks. I’ve got a sleeve which fits tight around the knee, under a knee brace, then I’ll be taking the prescribed anti-inflammatory. Ive read a lot of articles, and along with the advice from this forum, I do plan on taking it easy. Thanks for the advice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy