Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French lifts to open start of Spring 2021 ?

Poster: A snowHead
@sucette, is there a French vaccine up the pike? Must say that sounds unlikely ...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sucette wrote:
shep wrote:
davidof wrote:
under a new name wrote:
On disease’s I would note that the French have a few that are otherwise unknown to medical science, e.g. “heavy legs” ...

"Crisis of the liver" is one that regularly has the missus laid up. Liverish would be the UK equivalent

Not forgetting the ubiquitous "une gastro" Skullie

"la crève" is my favourite !!!

rhino pharyngite

"erm you've got a runny nose?"

"non!" a rhino pharyngite !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sucette wrote:
Incidentally I can confirm strong french opposition to the vaccine... just as an example : my french parents-in-law, aged 81 and 82, are refusing to have it... mind you, up here in the Hautes Alpes, traditional mountain dwellers have always been very suspicious of anything new arriving from the "outside" !!!!

You can't blame them, there have been a series of medical cover-ups and cock-ups over the last years. Mediator is one recent one but there was also the "poisoned blood" which killed about 4000 people all because the govt. wanted to develop its own blood test for AIDS rather than use some "anglo-saxon" one.

Currently they are desperate not to be saved by the "English" again with their superior Astra-Zenica vaccine. There have been some big rows at EU level and a German MEP confirmed what you said about the French vaccine. The French wanted a big order for a vaccine that may not be ready until the autumn.

Regarding the needles - they have the wrong size in stock, too short for the pfizer vaccine, apparently.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof wrote:
Regarding the needles - they have the wrong size in stock, too short for the pfizer vaccine, apparently.

Are these ones big enough? (I'm referring to the needle obviously). Madeye-Smiley

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The weirdest thing I heard was of someone in England refusing the pfizer vaccine because he didn’t want any of the "foreign muck" inside him. Clearly he only wanted the muck from British (probably English, probably Dorset) chimpanzees.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@JamesHJ, mange tout Rodney, mange tout . . .almost as bad as your attitude towards Brits and our superior medical science. . . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Asked the guy who runs the launderette in Villeneuve why so many French are anti-vaccines, not just for Covid-19, he said "I'm not having one, you don't know what they put in it"
He also suggested the government were going to put microchips in at the same time.........
Maybe the French could make an exception just for once and help drive down the infection rate.......
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sucette, I think that the problem is caused by pan European politics. The Germans and French largely backed their own vaccines and each ordered large amounts for themselves. The German Pfizer vaccine, proved to work. The French Sanofi one failed during the first stage of tests. So, as a result, I believe, the French in particular, and Europe in general have a major problem with the supply of vaccines in the medium term.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
The weirdest thing I heard was of someone in England refusing the pfizer vaccine because he didn’t want any of the "foreign muck" inside him. Clearly he only wanted the muck from British (probably English, probably Dorset) chimpanzees.
The Oxford vaccine is an absolute gift. Any bad behaviour on my part will henceforth be blamed on my inner chimp.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@zzz, ah. That makes sense.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
johnE wrote:
The Oxford vaccine is an absolute gift. Any bad behaviour on my part will henceforth be blamed on my inner chimp.

Sorry I may have missed it, but after unblinding of the Oxford trial did you find out if you had the vaccine or the placebo (of course no need to say if you'd prefer not to).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To compare with French lift opening: before the new lockdown, two of the Scottish ski areas (Glencoe and Glenshee) had opened their lifts and Nevis Range were expecting to very soon. Mind you, the highlands being in tier 1, the lifts were only open to people from tier 1 & 2.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Asked the guy who runs the launderette in Villeneuve why so many French are anti-vaccines, not just for Covid-19, he said "I'm not having one, you don't know what they put in it"
He also suggested the government were going to put microchips in at the same time.........

Since you cannot go to school in France without being vacinated against 11 diseases we must assume that the man in the laundrette had not been to school and hence his response.

Does he not watch the needle go into his arm and the clear fuid flowing in? How does he imagine a microchip will be inserted. I would love to know the purpose of this microchip and indeed how it will be powered.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
same situation in Greece....only a difference : they are talking about Nano-chips...not micro-chips...
@johne : the chips are so small that you cannot see them without microscope...

probably Bill Gates want to know what the the guy who runs the launderette in Villeneuve (or somewhere in Greece) had done yesterday....

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 11-01-21 13:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[/quote]

I would love to know the purpose of this microchip and indeed how it will be powered.[/quote]

It's purpose to verify all the data the govt receive via people's Twitter, Facebook, Google, GoogleMaps, Insta, Tindr/Grindr, Chrome, Tesco shopping account, Netflix, Amazon and PayPal etc etc etc.

It is powered directly by the energy waves caused by the stupid thoughts emanating from their brains.
latest report
turms2 wrote:
same situation in Greece....only a difference : they are talking about Nano-chips...not micro-chips...
@johne : the chips is so small that you cannot see it without microscope...

probably Bill Gates want to know what the the guy who runs the launderette in Villeneuve (or somewhere in Greece) had done yesterday....

It's the Nano Mouskouri conspiracy...
snow report
NickYoung wrote:
turms2 wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i will definitely wait a little bit...i want the 2.0 version which need update every 5 years....and the update is possible per Internet....
snow report
turms2 wrote:
NickYoung wrote:
turms2 wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i will definitely wait a little bit...i want the 2.0 version which need update every 5 years....and the update is possible per Internet....

And no-one's mentioned Huawei yet...
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
how it will be powered.

By high energy 5G radiation, obviously
latest report
turms2 wrote:
@johne : the chips are so small that you cannot see them without microscope...

turms2 -- it is not the size of the chip that is the problem -- it is the battery :: They can't get the two AAA batteries to fit in the syringe..... Wink
snow conditions
They want a specific jab made with garlic and onions.
They have always thought they fought all known ills.

I didn't think they would prevaricate quite as badly over opening their ski areas.
ski holidays
@Yellow Snow, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . . . .love a bit of French roasting . . .
latest report
Quote:

They have always thought they fought all known ills.

Laughing There speaks someone with a profound misunderstanding of the legendary French love affair with prescription drugs.
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
johnE wrote:

Sorry I may have missed it, but after unblinding of the Oxford trial did you find out if you had the vaccine or the placebo (of course no need to say if you'd prefer not to).
Not been told yet. I'll be unblinded when I get called by the NHS to receive whatever vaccine is being offered to my age group at the time, likely to be be a few months away.
latest report
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Since you cannot go to school in France without being vacinated against 11 diseases we must assume that the man in the laundrette had not been to school and hence his response.

Does he not watch the needle go into his arm and the clear fuid flowing in? How does he imagine a microchip will be inserted. I would love to know the purpose of this microchip and indeed how it will be powered.

He did qualify it by saying he has his kids vaccinated!
latest report
Maybe he'll get them done first as guinea pigs/cobayes..........
snow report
Personally I'll be having the British or French vaccine working on the theory that their mini robots will almost certainly breakdown before the German ones do.
ski holidays
@Belch - give me a clue Very Happy Leamington Spa??? Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rumours of another confinement of 1km / 1 hour incoming due to the English plague now out of control
latest report
Feck hope rumours.......

Could cope with 20km and 3hrs but 1km 1hr would be tough
snow report
It wasn't too bad last time. Weather was good enough to bike around town, run, etc. Police were pretty relaxed here didn't bother anyone. I don't really fancy it again in full winter though tbh.
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
Rumours of another confinement of 1km / 1 hour incoming due to the English plague now out of control

Nooooooo Sad not again
Where d'you hear that ? National or local confinement ?
ski holidays
National. Govt talking about it tonight. They may just confine people for the weekend.
ski holidays
davidof wrote:

Struggling to understand how that is more effective than 3/20 ...
latest report
@Artois, . . . .et toi?
snow report
snowball wrote:
To compare with French lift opening: before the new lockdown, two of the Scottish ski areas (Glencoe and Glenshee) had opened their lifts and Nevis Range were expecting to very soon. Mind you, the highlands being in tier 1, the lifts were only open to people from tier 1 & 2.

Topic drift - but though Glencoe was running the Access Chair and had the sledge park open when Highland was in level 1, only CairnGorm offered very limited lift served snowsports under level 1 on the temporary beginner area outside the Daylodge. By the time Glenshee and the Lecht opened for snowsports on the 27th and 26th respectively and Glencoe a couple of days later all snowsports areas were under level 4 lockdown restrictions - it is the progression beyond level 4 to a stay at home lockdown that has closed the ski areas for now.

My understanding is the issue has been car sharing to the ski areas rather than mountain operations themselves, while the ski areas can fairly accurately police level 4 travel restrictions by online booking and verified registered card addresses - the issue of how people are travelling is much trickier and it looks likely it will be a case of waiting for a considerable drop in prevalence once again.
snow conditions
Belch wrote:
@Artois, . . . .et toi?

Ssssh I’m undercover - I was in the Rennes suburbs over Christmas........ rolling eyes Hope all is well Stel
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
National. Govt talking about it tonight. They may just confine people for the weekend.

Whaaaat ? No way... Mad Just the weekend... ? And today we had a couple of enquiries from guests interested in staying in our hotel for a night or 2 over the next weekend... so that'll be the end of that... Sad
snow report
zzz wrote:
@sucette, I think that the problem is caused by pan European politics. The Germans and French largely backed their own vaccines and each ordered large amounts for themselves. The German Pfizer vaccine, proved to work. The French Sanofi one failed during the first stage of tests. So, as a result, I believe, the French in particular, and Europe in general have a major problem with the supply of vaccines in the medium term.

Rings true... pfffff... why am I not surprised.... rolling eyes
latest report
@Artois, . . .lol - its all become crystal now, as clear as cotton wool! Hope all is well with you too mon cher!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy