Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French lifts to open start of Spring 2021 ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
chocksaway wrote:
Originally, I guess originally ICI location was during was all about raw materials: Cheshire - salt. Teesside- petrochems and so on.

Now it's more about Life science brainpower, so Cambridge.

yes but also I think a bit related to the wool and cotton industries
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jedster wrote:
chocksaway wrote:
Originally, I guess originally ICI location was during was all about raw materials: Cheshire - salt. Teesside- petrochems and so on.

Now it's more about Life science brainpower, so Cambridge.

yes but also I think a bit related to the wool and cotton industries

Bradford and Huddersfield, related to dyes and fixers. My dad was an industrial chemist back in the 60's making rare/inorganic chemical and dye-stuff.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skimastaaah, back in the day when the rivers up there were all a funny colour and frothy!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chocksaway wrote:
@skimastaaah, back in the day when the rivers up there were all a funny colour and frothy!

And the fish in them had gas masks!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Slightly back on track

France, Spain, and Germany have delayed rolling out vaccinations due to issues with efficacy and or delivery. Looks like any ski resort opening will be unlikely this season if there is a reliance on vaccinations.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chocksaway wrote:

As opposed to the orange colour the River Holme (Huddersfield) is at the moment? But that's due to large amounts of rain runoff from old mine workings, not chemical works. Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chocksaway wrote:

One of the main herbicides we use was originally a dye used in the wool industry, someone noticed there was no weeds near the flow, trouble is it is still a god dye and turns all the machine orange
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@robs1, sodium picramate - Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
The weirdest thing I heard was of someone in England refusing the pfizer vaccine because he didn’t want any of the "foreign muck" inside him. Clearly he only wanted the muck from British (probably English, probably Dorset) chimpanzees.

I've been volunteering at my local vaccination clinic in Holmfirth and one of the over 80s asked me which one he was having and I told him Pfizer today, he half jokingly said he was gutted it wasn't a 'British' jab but he did have it. I'm back tomorrow after a gap of a few weeks so it will be interesting to see which jab it is and what age group.

Anyway it's taken me ages to read this entire post (very informative!) so sorry I've veered slightly off topic but yes kind of given up on this season, just hoping my apartment doesn't leak or the pipes don't freeze. Still hoping there might be a chance for Easter though, even if the actual lifts aren't operating. Not that optimistic though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@AllyK, we walked through the carpark of our local clinic (it is on public footpath, running across the racecourse in whose buildings the clinic is housed) and the volunteer in attendance told us they had now shifted from Prizer to AstraZeneca. She said that meant everything now ran much more smoothly, they didn't need the 15 minutes observation for AZ.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimastaaah wrote:
@robs1, sodium picramate - Crying or Very sad

Pendimethalin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy