Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you could only ski one area?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in for Japan, only boarded Furano, Niseko, Moiwa and Rusutsu. My plan is to return to Rusutsu and one or two others, hopefully next season (if travel is back on the cards).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rogg, I loved Rusutsu, would really like to have more time to explore it.

Tough with such wide ranging criteria, and the biggest thing would be a travel time/cost (e.g I could do 18 days skiing in Europe for the same as 10 days in Japan).

On balance I'd probably take Europe and if I had to limit it to an area I would likely opt for somewhere like Ski Amade because it's varied and accessible. Paradiski based in Les Coches would probably be second choice, but the transfer is an arse.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
48 - Ski Amade (Mit Hausschuhen und einer guten Zigarre ).

http://youtube.com/v/FPQlXNH36mI
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tough Choices

18 - St Anton

28 - Somewhere in the States...Jackson Hole/Steamboat/Mammoth

38 - Verbier

48 - Espace Killy....really enjoy skiing there
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DB, Bingo! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Orange200 wrote:
Haven't been skiing in many places so I'd choose where I keep going back to - Banff. Big enough for variety, importantly "off-piste" (inbounds) wherever you want it, National Park beauty in the summer. I accept the food isn't great, though last time I'd got the impression they were sponsored by the beef farmers of Alberta...

Rumour has it that Charlie Locke owner of Lake Louise bought his own ranch so he could get more profit out of burgers and steaks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alaska in a private bird - the terrain, the snow and the solitude
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Courchevel. Beautiful scenery, great people (can't speak for the billionaires but I'm sure they're lovely...), good off piste if you know where to look and willing to hike; and it's on the periphery, but part of, the 3v-the largest ski resort in the world.

My happiest days were spent around the back of 1650, off Saulire and down Folyeres or through the trees to La Tania. Paradise.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glenshee.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would have to be North America as I couldn't go back to resorts with no inbounds off-piste. It's simply too convenient for days I don't have partners, avalanche danger is too high, or I'm feeling too lazy to tour.

If only one resort - Whistler. Huge with plenty of variety and good slack country. Would be hard to get bored.

If one geographical area - Golden BC. Kicking horse resort has plenty of great terrain, love being able to ski 1200m vert every run, excellent slack country. Then between Rogers pass to the west and icefields parkway to the east there is enough backcountry touring to last a lifetime.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PdS- good people, good skiing at the level I like and I know where to find the good food and wine
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy