Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where Would You Be Today?*

Poster: A snowHead
* If it wasn't for this lockdown.

Well... this morning we would have flown from Newcastle to Geneva**- and now we would have been in Val Thorens (for nearly 3 weeks) Sad

Let's all have a bloody good whinge!

Where would you otherwise be today? Puzzled

** and now the flights don't even exist. Easyjet scrapped everything from NCL (double whinge) Sad .

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 4-01-21 9:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Today we are right where we should be, at home. Last week on the other hand was another matter as should have been in Norway for a week and have flown back yesterday in time for school tomorrow (which isn’t happening either!). Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flachau with 3 other SHs
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Visiting my parents, whom I haven't seen for 12 months Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I hate to be a prick and can't say this to my friends because they are all doctors in the UK and stressed to poo-poo. We immigrated to interior BC in 2019.

Should be working and worrying about my parents. Was skiing with the family and loving it.

You only live once, and I wonder how many people will jump ship brittania post Covid / Brexit. Good luck to everyone!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Home
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In work, but I get to work from home instead.
We did not even get as far as looking for a 2021 trip!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bergmeister, at home. Hope you feel better for getting that off your chest.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Exactly where I want to be. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Working at home rather than in the office - booking any skiing for early January wasn't a realistic option given the way things were looking throughout 2020.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Should have been in Val Thorens this week. Back to work instead.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yesterday I should have travelled back from a week of skiing in Chamonix. Today I'd be back in work anyway.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Right where we are. Back to work.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PeakyB wrote:
@Bergmeister, at home. Hope you feel better for getting that off your chest.

I feel much better now! wink wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Of course I realise we should all be at home rolling eyes

I've now changed the title (from "Where should you be now?") to try and generate some lightheartedness, relief and fantasy into our lives....
ski holidays
Nip deep
Hokkaido
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, Make that 5. We should have flown in yesterday for the month!
snow report
Probably doing the same, ie ski touring as the "hordes" would have decimated all the lift-served pow over xmas/new year!
ski holidays
@Bergmeister,
Quote:

I feel much better now!

Sometimes you can’t beat a good rant. Very Happy
snow conditions
On a jet on Thursday, bound for St Anton.
snow report
First full day in France, driving motorhome to the Alps for a 2 month trip.
ski holidays
I think, because we never got as far as actually planning, we would have been driving down from Zeebrugge to Tignes. Missed what there was of last season due to injury. Instead I’m on my exercise bike, as I have been for virtually every day for the last 12 months and I guess at the very least 2 more to go.
snow report
I would have just finished breakfast and cake baking in a Meribel ski chalet, and be preparing to go out skiing before returning to cook dinner.

Actually, just realised it is Monday - which was to be one of our days off - so I would be skiing the 3 Vallees.
ski holidays
I should have been flying to Geneva from Birmingham for 5 nights in a destination never completely decided.

Most likely candidates were Zermatt, Verbier, Grand Bornand / La Clusaz or Sallanches (as base for Megeve, Les Contamines, Combloux & Saint Gervais)

Oh well, this time next year, Rodney...
snow report
jebroni3_16 wrote:

Oh well, this time next year, Rodney...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Should have been leaving for 11 weeks in Tignes on Thursday.
snow conditions
Lauterbrunnen
ski holidays
Lauterbrunnen
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
had it not been for T4 lockdown, today would have been first day back from an 8-day Swiss ski safari.
snow report
Today - probably on a plane home or working from home to defer the dreaded commute/desk scramble for a day more.
snow report
I'd be on piste, having a light lunchtime snack of assiette de skieurs and a bottle of dôle blanche du Valais ....

snow report
Here Sad

snow conditions
As I am not a great fan of early January skiing - cold and shorter days. Probably Southern Spain walking with the odd day, to be picked at choice on forecast low wind and wall to wall sun, skiing the Sierra Nevada. Instead I am stuck in cold, grey and damp England. The good news I really noticed today the evenings are beginning to get later.
snow report
I probably would have spent less than 2 weeks+ in Lyon had skiing been open Laughing Will get back later this week.
ski holidays
In the car, starting on a road trip to Andermatt, nordkette, alpe d'huez and then abetone for the remainder of the season. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Where would I be today? Almost exactly where I am, except I'd be in the pub, instead of the chalet.
snow report
Me and the wife should be in Chamonix for our 1st ever season Sad
ski holidays
I would be at home but looking a Nozas et als latest predictions on the snow forecast thread. Looking forward to I would hope two skiing holidays. Except for this, and my golf now out, I will be ordering some new raised beds to sit alongside my new greenhouse
snow report
Unpacking and laundering stuff from an Eclipse observation trip and tour of Argentina/Patagonia. Then re-packing and getting ready to load the van and driving to Tignes for a few weeks.
ski holidays
I'd be quietly wetting myself with excitement as I'd be 3 days away from our annual boys trip to La Plagne. Not feeling overly despondent though, as we rescheduled it to 2022 back in December when things weren't looking too good, and things haven't looked any better since - so there hasn't been a point when I might have had second thoughts on whether we rescheduled too early.

All my focus in now on our family Easter holiday trip - not looking too good at the moment, but fingers crossed...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy