Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel restrictions for UK resident but EU/Non-UK passport holders in 2021

Poster: A snowHead
I thought it might be useful to have a separate thread on this, for those of us interested. There’s some information and speculation across other threads, but I’m finding it a little hard to follow. And we’re probably in the minority on Snowheads, so thought it might be nice not to bother unaffected people Smile

A lot of what is in the UK press at the minute does not differentiate between UK residents and UK citizens (understandably - writers have word limits, and UK resident/EU passport holder is a minority audience for them).

There are 4 main areas I can think of:
    1. What will the border situations/restrictions be from 1st January when travelling from the UK (a non-EU country) into the EU?
    2. What covid restrictions will apply to those arriving into a EU country from the UK (irrespective of passport/citizenship)?
    3. Will there be any flights/transport?!
    4. Insurance & FCO advice

1. Border restrictions:
I’m struggling to find anything concrete on this - probably because certain negotiations are still ongoing, and so it may all change in the coming days/weeks.
Personally I think EU passport holders will be allowed entry to the EU - but restrictions may be in place e.g. prove you are travelling to a residency in an EU country/repatriating.
This appears in a Guardian article, but no source or regulations are cited:
Quote:
Under European rules, individuals can still enter the bloc in certain cases, mainly for work – including aid workers, care workers, diplomats, healthcare professionals, military personnel, seasonal farm workers and transport workers. Entry for study, transit, and urgent family reasons is also permitted.

European nationals living in the UK can still travel to the bloc.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/09/uk-holidaymakers-could-be-barred-from-visiting-eu-under-covid-safety-rules

colinstone shared this link in a couple of threads which I found useful, which specifically refers to residents of 3rd countries:
https://reopen.europa.eu/en

Quote:
Information for travellers from third countries to the EU
The Council updated the list of countries for which travel restrictions should be lifted. This list will continue to be reviewed and, as the case may be, updated every two weeks.

Based on the criteria and conditions set out in the recommendation, member states should gradually lift the travel restrictions at the external borders for residents of the following third countries:

Going into individual countries gives useful country specific information e.g. France (as of 13th Dec):
Quote:
From an EU Member State or Schengen Associated Country, may I enter this country without being subject to extraordinary restrictions?
Travelling from EU Member States, Schengen Associated countries and the UK to Metropolitan France is allowed without restrictions.

What are the rules to enter this country from outside an EU Member State or Schengen Associated country?
Travellers from Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand can enter without restrictions.
From any other third country you can only enter France if your journey meets one of the criteria for exceptions available at: Can I enter France?

(and lots more info on tests/quarantines etc)

2. Covid restrictions
Holding an EU passport is unlikely to exempt anyone from covid restrictions in place when arriving in any EU country from the UK! This thread has lots of useful info, and there are country specific threads too:
Covid restrictions on travelling to europe after jan1st
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4690521

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&highlight=

Switzerland for domestic tourism only?
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154176

3. Flights/transport availability
The Easyjet thread shows quite a few people experiencing cancellations and schedule changes - this might escalate next year if people can’t travel, and it’s not profitable for companies to run with mostly empty planes, ferries etc.
EasyJet flights winter 20/21
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=152265

4. Insurance & FCO advice
Being UK resident means having to listen to the FCO (whatever your passport), and buying insurance in the UK. Currently FCO advice is 'essential travel only', but some insurance providers do provide cover for EU trips within this advice. Also, EHIC no longer valid for trips starting 1st Jan or later...

Anyone got any more useful info? Or ideas what might happen?!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 13-12-20 12:03; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On 3, I was in France (Chamonix) last winter. I was planning to remain there in March until I got a notification from Easyjet on a Friday saying their schedule would be drastically cut from the following Tuesday (due to covid/travel being restricted). There were no flights to/from Birmingham beyond that, and only a couple per week into London, so I hopped on a flight that weekend while I could.
This winter (even if I can cross borders, not quarantine etc) if I have to travel to e.g. London with ski luggage to get on a plane, that would severely curtail my travel.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here is a link to Austria
https://goverdrive.portal.at/index.php/s/cfTxEwg5TNxCJWF/download

exemptions apply to (persons are allowed to enter Austria, but are required to provide a health certificate not older than 72 hours which confirms that a negative molecular biological SARS-CoV-2-test is given or are required to start a 10-days quarantine as per 2) or 5)):
a. nationals of Austria, EU, United Kingdom, Switzerland as well as persons living in the same household

My interpretation is
IF UK is removed from this list, then UK Citizens will have to provide a negative within 2 days after arrival in Austria & self isolate until the result (same as USA for example).
However EU Citizens arriving from the UK can provide a negative test upon Entry taken within 72 hours before arrival in Austria or isolate.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@fixx, it frustrates me too when the press refer to UK citizens when they mean UK residents. I am part of the the third category – UK citizen resident in EU, but I don’t think we need another thread! The main crossover here is 3. flights. I won’t be restricted travelling to the UK (no more than anyone else, anyway), but if there aren’t any flights, that will make it difficult. My destination of choice is Manchester, and like for you, London is a bit out of the way. Having to (likely) start from Munich also throws up another transit border crossing, and potentially extra complications. It will certainly be interesting.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Switzerland - persons travelling from a high risk country can enter Switzerland as long as they have right to Freedom of Movement:

https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/sem/aktuell/faq-einreiseverweigerung.html#2004672293

Who is not affected by the ban on entry to Switzerland?

Persons, even those arriving from a high-risk country, can still enter Switzerland if they meet at least one of the following requirements:

They also have Swiss citizenship.
They hold a travel document (e.g. a passport or identity card) and
• a residence permit, i.e. a Swiss residence permit (L / B / C / Ci permits);
• a cross-border permit (G permit),
• an FDFA legitimation card;
• a D visa issued by Switzerland;
• a C visa issued by Switzerland after 16 March 2020 in a valid exceptional case or in order to work on a short-term contract;
• an assurance of a residence permit from a cantonal migration authority or an entry permit with a visa issued by Switzerland.

They hold a refugee’s or stateless person’s travel document issued by Switzerland, a passport for foreign nationals issued by Switzerland, a valid residence or permanent residence permit or an F-Permit.

They have rights of free movement.

——

Therefore if Switzerland classifies UK as a high risk country, UK passport holders are ok to enter until Dec 31, after which they will not be allowed to enter Switzerland for holiday reasons as the Brexit transition period which grants UK citizens Freedom of Movement ends.

EU/EEA passport holders travelling from UK will be allowed to enter Switzerland after that date, even if UK itself is classified as a high risk country.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @fixx, for starting this separate thread; as you say it's a little niche and the subtleties may be lost somewhat in the main thread. I will focus on France as that is where my interest lies as regards possible travel... My assumption in replying here is that the main question people have is whether, post 1st Jan, travel for tourism/holidays will be allowed if you are resident in (and therefore travelling from) the UK but hold an EU passport. The current advice is here:

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

If you scroll down to the section (fairly near the top) entitled "Can I enter France?" the current situation is covered by paragraph 1, ie no problem. If the UK becomes a 3rd country, as everyone fears the way things are going, then paragraph 2 will apply. Here is the first part of it:

2. If you are in another country, you are recommended to limit international travel as much as possible. If you however must travel, you can only enter France if your journey meets one of the following criteria for exceptions:

> If you are a French national (you may be accompanied by your spouse and children);
> If you are a European Union citizen or a national of Andorra, the Holy See, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland [XXXorXtheXUnitedXKingdomXXX], and your main residence is in France or you are crossing France to reach your country of nationality or residence (you may be accompanied by your spouse and children);
> If you hold a valid French or European residence permit or long-stay visa and your main residence is in France or you are crossing France to reach your residence in the European space;
> If you are transiting for less than 24 hours in an international zone;
> If you hold an official passport;
> etc, etc (ie loads more exceptions largely not relevant to this audience)

I've put big Xes around the UK bit as that would drop out post 1st Jan and marked in bold the bit that I think matters, namely, France does not permit you to enter from a 3rd country in order to go skiing, but in order to head to your country of EU citizenship.

I guess once you have reached your country of citizenship, there may be nothing to stop you from doing a U turn and heading anywhere else you please...

But if anyone has a different spin on things, do holler.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bobski62, Very helpful, thank you. Possibly splitting hairs, but I think you are OK to enter France to go skiing - in a country other than France - under the transiting for less than 24 hours but tbh I do not know what "in an international zone" means in this example.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarlet, there have been long debates with regard to the situation of UK citizens resident in the EU, say in Austria. The Austrian residency does not translate into freedom of movement to other countries if you are not a EU citizen, though in normal circumstances no one checks so not an issue. More problematic for work etc. I believe (though not been following in any detail as does not affect me personally) that the commission made a proposal that UK citizens in this position should get a photo id card which would prove their entitlement to freedom of movement but not sure if this was ever followed through. Not sure what documentation Austria issues as proof of residency, all I have is a now rather faded 20 year old paper form. It has sat in the back of a drawer for years never needed but pretty vital at the moment if I want to travel anywhere.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @Snowsartre, that's actually a fair point - I have been focused on heading into France and staying there to ski. As you point out, 'in and out again the other side' to ski elsewhere may be fine, so long as elsewhere is happy to let you in! Let's see if others can shed light on whether this is correct and what 'international zone' might mean precisely ...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@munich_irish, the embassy in Vienna has been advising British citizens in Austria to take the Anmeldebescheunigung or Daueraufenthalt certificates if leaving Austria at any time before acquiring the Article 50 EUV card. That proves residency in Austria but of course we have lost freedom of movement in terms of being able to live and work in another EU country.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bobski62, I believe the France has relaxed (or is intending to do so) its regulations a bit and the restrictions on travel have now been lifted, so should not be an issue if you hold an EU passport (or UK one until 31.12) entering France. Given the general situation not sure how long any such relaxation will remain (here in Germany it has just been announced that shops will close from Wednesday and that Christmas and New Year are pretty much cancelled). Health regulations are changing all the time and will continue to do so until the level of vaccinations reaches a point which impacts significantly on virus transmission.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@munich_irish, I’m well aware of all that. My interest in the thread comes from the restrictions on UK travellers – as fixx points out, if British residents cannot travel, there will be a reduction in available transport, which means that should I want to go to the UK, my options are also reduced. As a citizen, I cannot be prevented from entering the UK, and as a resident, I am allowed back into Austria – that is clear, but may be complicated by transit through Germany if Germany has COVID restrictions on either UK travellers or Austrian residents.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@queenie pretty please, my understanding was that the commission proposed that UK citizens granted residency rights by their countries prior to 31.12.20 would continue to have freedom of movement rights (this was completely separate from any negotiations with the UK government, it was a result of lobbying by groups like "British in Europe"). I dont know if that was ever followed through. Practically all the Brits I know in Germany have either got or applied for German citizenship, which is relatively straight forward to get (seven years residency, less if spouse of a German citizen).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@munich_irish, no we lose freedom of movement rights. Applying for EU citizenship would reinstate those rights, but not many of us qualify for that.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi @munich_irish, yes indeed, I will be tuning in to any Macron - Castex announcements in the next few days, hoping they ease restrictions to allow inter-regional travel. I think the main purpose of the thread though is to discuss and debate the potential "what ifs" post 1st Jan should the UK become a 3rd country and be subject to much tighter Covid EU-entry restrictions. I think to a great degree it's looking into a crystal ball, but it might help us at least plan for a range of scenarios and make informed decisions.

I can't say that I'm completely desperate to head out; even if it's feasible, I (indeed we all) also have to assess whether it's sensible!

Great to see this thread staying on track, and not suffering the 'thread drift' you often get...
snow conditions
@Scarlet, that's true, though as far as I am aware there are no restrictions (or any planned) travelling for transit purposes in Germany. There are also no restrictions on EU citizens entering Germany (everyone including Markus Söder has said no return to the closed borders of the spring) though if you enter from a "high risk" area and plan to stay there is a quarantine requirement (mainly to discourage holiday travel from Germany so exceptions for border workers etc). I can see it does make things even more painful if you have to get to Munich from Innsbruck just to get on a plane (not that are many planes even from Munich at the moment)
snow conditions
Thanks for the links @Mr.Egg, @Android2000, @bobski62 - more reading for me to do!

On France (as that's my main area of interest), the only being able to enter to get to your residence if what I had feared - but hoped wouldn't be the case, as I do want to ski in France this winter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that France might but an exception in for the UK early next year, not least because of the large numbers of French living in the UK.

Interesting wording on Switzerland though - I could possibly keep my Geneva flights and just catch up with friends there, and pop to Verbier skiing! OR change to Austria, I've always wanted to check out their skiing Toofy Grin

bobski62 wrote:

I think the main purpose of the thread though is to discuss and debate the potential "what ifs" post 1st Jan should the UK become a 3rd country and be subject to much tighter Covid EU-entry restrictions. I think to a great degree it's looking into a crystal ball, but it might help us at least plan for a range of scenarios and make informed decisions.

Indeed! - we're limited to mostly speculating at the minute - but hopefully if something changes we can let each other know quickly snowHead

Quote:

I can't say that I'm completely desperate to head out; even if it's feasible, I (indeed we all) also have to assess whether it's sensible!

Yep - I canned my NY trip yesterday, it just wasn't sensible to travel at the minute Crying or Very sad
latest report
@Scarlet, I hadn't considered people living abroad travelling back to the UK! I hope something is worked out and there are plenty of travel options for you! (and us all...)
snow report
@bobski62, Wrote "..If you scroll down to the section (fairly near the top) entitled "Can I enter France?" the current situation is covered by paragraph 1, ie no problem. If the UK becomes a 3rd country, as everyone fears the way things are going, then paragraph 2 will apply...."

I'm not so sure about that -- Given that countries like Rwanda and Thailand are included in that list i.e. 'Third countries', I believe the UK will remain in the Paragraph 1 list and therefore 'No problem'... ??!

Covid problems allowing of course..
snow conditions
Hi @albob, when you say
Quote:

I'm not so sure about that
you've probably hit the nail on the head. Frankly, me neither! Given, as you mention, the Covid situation the French could choose to put us in either.
ski holidays
I've been looking into Germany because my wife is a dual national. As far as we can work out, she can enter the country as a German citizen- but the problem is where you go from there. You can't book a hotel unless it is for work, and she doesn't have an address there. So especially under the new rules coming in on Wednesday, she can't stay with anyone but nor can she book anywhere. There are further rules in each Land.

So long story short, it seems that you can enter Germany on an EU passport, but unless you've got your own place there, you might be in for a lot of bother.
snow report
@PrimroseAndBlue, that is pretty much the case. The regulations as currently understood mean that whilst there is no issue for EU citizens and their family members entering the country there is no possibility of getting somewhere to stay unless it is an emergency or business reasons (in a hotel) or in an otherwise unoccupied private property. We worked on an event (basically the hub for a virtual multinational company conference) last week, the producer came from the UK. He got permission to come for "pressing business reasons" on the basis he had a negative test and did not stay for more than five days. Anyone outside of the various exceptions will have to quarantine for a minimum of five days (assuming negative test). In reality there is little point in coming as everything is pretty much closed until January 10th. You could go ski touring / cross country skiing as long as you do it on your own. You can transit on to another country but most of those (I think only exception is Switzerland but might be wrong) would have similar regulations
snow report
Quote:

or in an otherwise unoccupied private property.

AirBnB?
snow report
bobski62 wrote:
Quote:

or in an otherwise unoccupied private property.

AirBnB?

I would guess no but not a legal expert. It is probably pushing the definition but I guess if you used it as the address you were going to quarantine in (this must be declared on the pre arrival health form) it would be OK. That said my experience of coming through the airport is that there are no checks at all on flights originating in Schengen countries or on most of the road borders but that is rather a gamble.
ski holidays
Some very useful links, thanks OP and contributors.
latest report
So I have an apartment booked in Val Cenis. The question is, will they insist on a 5 day quarantine, or can you pay for a Covid test on arrival, or is there any chance they will accept a UK Covid test.
latest report
What date; where are you travelling from; what's the purpose of your visit?

Val Cenis (Maurienne?) being in France, if the answers are: after 1st Jan; from the UK; for a skiing holiday, and UK becomes a Covid 3rd country then you won't be allowed in, surely? Test or no test. Unless you have French citizenship?
latest report
@bobski62, I think it might be EU citizenship that’s required?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snowball, are you an EU national?
ski holidays
From Switzerland for domestic tourism only? thread:

SkiingQuinHat wrote:
I certainly had hoped that Switzerland would allow UK citizens to enter as tourists post 1 Jan. A Brexit deal may shift this but based on Swiss govt website things look unhopeful (https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/sem/aktuell/faq-einreiseverweigerung.html#-1871257744). To quote an extract:

What rules apply to UK citizens from 1 January 2021?

From 1 January 2021, UK citizens who have not already acquired rights under the Agreement on Free Movement of Persons (AFMP) will no longer be treated in the same way as people who have such rights.

Only those UK citizens who have acquired rights of residence in Switzerland or rights as cross-border commuters under the AFMP by 31 December 2020 continue to have rights of free movement after 1 January 2021.

Proof that rights have been acquired under the AFMP is provided by holding a residence or cross-border commuter permit. Persons with acquired rights who do not hold a residence or cross-border commuter permit can prove their status by providing other suitable documents, such as an employment contract or lease concluded before 31 December 2020, confirmation that an application has been made to a commune of residence in Switzerland or confirmation that an application has been made for a residence permit.

Service providers from the UK can continue to use the online notification procedure in order to provide services in Switzerland for up to 90 days in any calendar year. You will find further information in the Brexit FAQs for UK service providers. From 1 January 2021, they require a confirmation of notification under the online notification procedure in order to enter Switzerland.

UK citizens who have not acquired rights under the AFMP are regarded as third country citizens when entering Switzerland and no longer have rights of free movement. This means, for example, that UK citizens are no longer allowed to enter Switzerland from the UK as tourists. See ‘Who is not allowed to enter Switzerland?’ under ‘Entering Switzerland’.
snow conditions
Thanks (again) @SkiingQuinHat!

This is what the "Who is not allowed to enter Switzerland?" section goes on to say:

Quote:
Who is not allowed to enter Switzerland?
The ban on entry applies to foreign nationals who want to travel to Switzerland from a high-risk country for a stay here of up to three months, i.e.:

Persons who wish to obtain services in Switzerland;
Tourists, visitors and participants in events;
Persons who wish to come to Switzerland for medical treatment that has not yet begun or that is not regarded as urgently required;
Persons seeking employment or who have been invited for a job interview in Switzerland;
Persons who wish to submit an application for a residence permit.

So, I guess that means that EU passport holders arriving from UK WILL still be allowed to enter Switzerland as tourists, BUT that they'll potentially have to quarantine... I think.

Am I reading that right in terms of how it affects those of us living in UK with EU passports? Puzzled
ski holidays
@jebroni3_16, Yes I think so. The link above also has this text:

Who has rights of free movement?
EU/EFTA and UK citizens and their family members, irrespective of their nationality, have rights of free movement. Family members are defined as

spouses or registered partners of an EU/EFTA/UK citizen;
relatives in descending line who are under the age of 21 years or who are dependent. This includes the relatives of EU/EFTA/UK citizens and the relatives of their spouse or registered partner;
relatives in ascending line who are dependent. This includes the relatives of EU/EFTA/UK citizens and the relatives of their spouse or registered partner;
in the case of EU/EFTA/UK citizens living as students in Switzerland: spouses or registered partners and their dependent children.

Of course as a result of Brexit UK citizens lose their right to free movement on January 1st.

So if the UK is classed as a high risk country by Switzerland, those of us fortunate enough to be based in UK but with EU/EEA citizenship (and our families) will still be allowed to enter Switzerland even after the Brexit transition period ends. Those with UK passports only will not be allowed.
snow report
I think that is right that you can go - but if you travel from the UK to Switzerland using an EU/EEA passport you will then have you quarantine for 14 days in Switzerland as UK will be a high risk country. So better but not by that much.
latest report
Exactly. Thanks again (again) @SkiingQuinHat because you've resolved my indecision about changing my flights for the first week of January.

Now to see whether the missus minds me spending New Year over there on my own and leaving her back here on her own... Laughing
latest report
Quote:

I think that is right that you can go - but if you travel from the UK to Switzerland using an EU/EEA passport you will then have you quarantine for 14 days in Switzerland as UK will be a high risk country. So better but not by that much.

I think there is a difference between Switzerland's "high risk countries" and those countries which Switzerland places on the quarantine list.

High risk countries are basically all countries outside of the Schengen+ list determined by the EU Commission. (EU/EEA plus those with a really low rate like NZ, Aus, Japan).

The Swiss Quarantine list is different.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#1355154378

And uses different criteria:

Criteria for the list
Whether a country or area is included on the quarantine list depends on its 14-day incidence. This incidence represents the number of new infections that have occurred per 100,000 people in the last 14 days. If the incidence in a particular country is at least 60 higher than the incidence in Switzerland, the country is put on the list, because it has a higher risk of infection than Switzerland.

So I could be wrong, but I think that as long as the UK doesn't enter the Quarantine list, then it can be High Risk - thus allowing entry without quarantine for EU/EEA passport holders from UK.
ski holidays
No, upon further reading, it does seem as though you're right @Android2000

Question is, what's the UK's 14-day incidence, what's Switzerland, and what are they likely to be on 28th December when the list is next due to be updated?! Puzzled
snow report
@jebroni3_16, this is updated daily with 14 day incidence rates for all countries in the WHO "European" region (many more than EU) https://npgeo-corona-npgeo-de.hub.arcgis.com/app/e6acbf22cc4f4b85949f59734244ba71 . Currently Switzerland = 681 / 100,000 and UK = 376 / 100,000. As to the rates in 10 days time, best consult Mystic Meg's crystal ball Very Happy
snow conditions
Which is the best French/Swiss border to cross where you won't get questioned, will be driving a car with UK plates with an Irish passport !!
snow conditions
Quote:

Under European rules, individuals can still enter the bloc in certain cases, mainly for work – including aid workers, care workers, diplomats, healthcare professionals, military personnel, seasonal farm workers and transport workers. Entry for study, transit, and urgent family reasons is also permitted.

European nationals living in the UK can still travel to the bloc.

Yes, we can still enter but clearly not to go on holiday but really only for work, study or emergency reasons. (plus it would not be in the common interest to exploit these exemptions as they are there for a reason.)
ski holidays
Thunderer, with an Irish passport you will not need to avoid any questions at the Swiss border.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy