Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why I joined a ski forum

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

the problem is the dumbassery. Not everything is "a limitation of liberties".

I think that’s an impingement on our rights to dumbassery. We’re still a free country you know!

The globalist liberal lizard elite shall control us no more!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Can someone inform the lizards, please? They might've not got the memo Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

some people just miss the idea behind civility and discourse and like to flame.

Sure, but there's plenty of civility and discourse on SHs and people should be able to sift out the dross without getting their knickers in too much of a twist. The mantra "don't feed the troll" is a good one, though easily forgotten in the heat of the moment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Old Fartbag wrote:
I'm here to chew the cud with like-minded Nutters and talk bollox. Toofy Grin

In one, and in my case TOTAL bollox. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awdbugga wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
I'm here to chew the cud with like-minded Nutters and talk bollox. Toofy Grin

In one, and in my case TOTAL bollox. Toofy Grin

How dare anybody impinge on our rights to talk “TOTAL bollox”!
We’re not in a fascist country ...yet!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I just noticed that I have made only 22 posts in 5 to 10 years here, however I probably spend 3 hours a week reading the new posts and by far my favourite posters are those that live in the mountains
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DTB, Time to up your game old boy and get in to this thread:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=27559&highlight=gratuitous+post+count&start=2280

Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@DTB, me too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I can't say I know much about the lizard people, but they never really give off much of a Liberal vibe.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, Laughing Laughing

you are becoming more and more my total sh hero number 1, after Boris of course.

( its the hockey skirt, you know how it is)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
Perty wrote:
I’ve just realised that I’d had enough when a regular contributor was accused of “boasting”...about...... skiing...
Sad

Is there much of that going on? I've not seen comments like that, other than from a few posters who often use my ownership of a ski apartment to make a clumsy cudgel with which to try to beat me on Brexit. But is there animosity towards people who are getting to ski at the moment? That's sad.

No. But there was animosity towards a Snowhead who said he was missing his first Christmas skiing trip in 16 years or so. Tw@s jumped on the bandwagon and told him he should have bigger things to worry about (ie Covid). rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Perty,

There are still far more decent Snowheads than to55ers.

And the decent/genuine folk enjoy hearing about the exploits of those lucky enough to spend time in the mountains, whether that's on the slopes, off the slopes doing up properties, or spending seasons living the dream (in its many guises).

Keep your chin up and stick with the gang.

Because we're worth it! wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I like it here because usually there’s loads of cool stuff about people having fun in the mountains in the middle of my summer. And lots of helpful people with information on potential places to visit.

Personally not interested in anything bat flu or Brexit related so just avoid it.

Keyboard warriors just give me a case of immature giggles. You can’t win a fight on the internet no matter how hard you bash the keyboard
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
No. But there was animosity towards a Snowhead who said he was missing his first Christmas skiing trip in 16 years or so. Tw@s jumped on the bandwagon and told him he should have bigger things to worry about (ie Covid).
@Bergmeister, are you talking about this? https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82612&start=7000#4704332

Because it looks like the only person to 'jump on it' was you, warning that 'others' would jump on it - just who's driving this bandwagon?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

just who's driving this bandwagon?

Bet you’ve heard that a lot over the years Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@AL9000, driving?
I always just assumed we were careering downhill out-of-control (U know the feeling Wink ) - I'm amazed we haven't hit the bottom yet.
ski holidays
admin wrote:
Quote:
No. But there was animosity towards a Snowhead who said he was missing his first Christmas skiing trip in 16 years or so. Tw@s jumped on the bandwagon and told him he should have bigger things to worry about (ie Covid).
@Bergmeister, are you talking about this? https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82612&start=7000#4704332

Because it looks like the only person to 'jump on it' was you, warning that 'others' would jump on it - just who's driving this bandwagon?

No. It was the thread where someone said their kids were missing their first Christmas abroad in donkeys years; and folk put the boot in to say that they should be worrying about other things at this time (ie Covid). IIRC the family concerned had decided not to go to Switzerland.

The response you refer to was some time after the the thread in question.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 4-01-21 0:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Can you point me toward it please?
snow report
This one?

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154299
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
This one?

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154299

That's the one, Dave.

That's where missing skiing became unacceptable to some on a ski forum rolling eyes .
ski holidays
Thanks for confirming - just having a look now.
ski holidays
Did anyone else read Ben Clatworthy bitch piece in the times today ?
Now there’s an unreserved vomiting of bile and vituperation towards inglazee skiers if ever I read one .....

I mean what’s skiing doing getting the way of opinion pieces on covid 19 and Brexit for heavens sake?
latest report
admin,

The thread DaveotM highlighted led to the "warning" in my reply to the later poster... (ie another Snowhead who mentioned that he was missing a trip abroad for the first time in a number of years) wink
snow report
'Skiiiish....shiiiish....skiiiish'

That's why I read snowheads, it's esoteric, we all understand what it means.

There are knobheads where ever you go, but I won't give up on snowheads just because a few 'usual suspects' have got nothing better to do than spread misery.
snow conditions
Bergmeister wrote:
admin wrote:
Quote:

No. It was the thread where someone said their kids were missing their first Christmas abroad in donkeys years; and folk put the boot in to say that they should be worrying about other things at this time (ie Covid). IIRC the family concerned had decided not to go to Switzerland.

the problem was he didn't say "oh really sad I'm missing my Christmas trip" but started off as a real arse prattling on about how he has a "shack" in the Swiss Alps (a huge family chalet) and only gets 8 weeks skiing per year oh plus all the mountain biking trips in the summer. It was extremely insensitive at this time.

There seem to be certain snowheads who have to start every post they make reminding us that they "have property in the Alps".

If you are going to Brag about how considerably richer you are than the common pleb you are going to get some ribbing.
snow conditions
admin wrote:
...careering downhill out-of-control (U know the feeling Wink ) - I'm amazed we haven't hit the bottom yet.

I do indeed. Is there any other way to truly ski, or live? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
I joined this forum to read lots of great advice from people who knew more about skiing than I did. I stay because I read lots of great advice from people who know more about skiing than I do. And I’m very, very grateful to have found it. I think I lost days reading the whole “Sir, Sir....Am I an Intermidiot yet???” thread, which introduced me to many of the main forum contributors, and got me well and truly hooked. I love just about EVERYTHING in ‘Bend ze Knees’, and my particular favourites are the ‘please evaluate my skiing’ videos... wish I was brave enough to post mine Embarassed Blush

I choose the threads I read: if I don’t agree or don’t like it, I go back and choose another. Live and let live, and long live snowHead
latest report
I’ve been reading the snow reports for over 20 years without logging in once. One day a few years back I joined the forum and was glad I did! Because there was and still is a lot of liberal, blinkered globalists who needed correction. Fundamentally I don’t think they’re very bad people, just nieve cowards who would rather see Britain fall than be called a racist. They have not for much life experience and had their lives sorted before mass immigration kicked in, or simply live in remote places that are not affected by mass immigration. Of course some are women who want to breast feed the worlds refugees life that cretin Merkel.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Verily I say unto you that this thread is now accomplished. Lord, now lettest thou thy nieve cowards depart in peace.
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
.....If you are going to Brag about how considerably richer you are than the common pleb you are going to get some ribbing....

But when does "ribbing" become down-right animosity based on "envy"?

Envy (Latin: invidia), like greed and lust, is characterized by an insatiable desire. It can be described as a sad or resentful covetousness towards the traits or possessions of someone else.
latest report
davidof wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:
admin wrote:
Quote:

the problem was he didn't say "oh really sad I'm missing my Christmas trip" but started off as a real arse prattling on about how he has a "shack" in the Swiss Alps (a huge family chalet) and only gets 8 weeks skiing per year oh plus all the mountain biking trips in the summer. It was extremely insensitive at this time.

There seem to be certain snowheads who have to start every post they make reminding us that they "have property in the Alps".

If you are going to Brag about how considerably richer you are than the common pleb you are going to get some ribbing.

I'm not concerned that some are wealthier than others. Moreover the ownership and use of Alpine property can be very relevant in giving credence to advice to others. But making posts to emphasise wealth does seem poor taste.
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
davidof wrote:
.....If you are going to Brag about how considerably richer you are than the common pleb you are going to get some ribbing....

But when does "ribbing" become down-right animosity based on "envy"?

Well it would help if people kept it polite, I agree.
ski holidays
achilles wrote:

I'm not concerned that some are wealthier than others. Moreover the ownership and use of Alpine property can be very relevant in giving credence to advice to others. But making posts to emphasise wealth does seem poor taste.

I agree. Good luck to people who've earned enough money to afford somewhere, where would the UK be without the strivers? However SOME of the self styled "snowheads owners club" (as they call themselves) do seem to have a thing about mentioning their property at every occasion. I'm sure they are just as insufferable in real life.

As for Weathercam's dash to the Alps, I can completely understand that he wants to insure his residency and as he was tested before departure I can't see the harm.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 4-01-21 9:38; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Popcorn please....... snowHead
snow report
@davidof, I can only presume you don't have a second home in mountains. As for owners mentioning it at every opportunity, well there could be 2 good reasons.
1) In my circumstances, we have only ever owned our family house, we don't have any buy to let's in UK & have no experience of second home ownership, never mind one in a separate country that we have just distanced our laws from. I only understand very basic pigeon French so the bills ect. Are very difficult to understand, so the advice from here is fantastic for me.
2) we don't rent our but if we did I could see constantly mentioning it as a good form of advertising it & people would notice the care you take.
But in saying all of that I do think most of the property questions are kept to the property subsection so maybe don't venture in there if it annoys you so much
ski holidays
Wop it owt

http://youtube.com/v/ON-7v4qnHP8

http://youtube.com/v/U8Kum8OUTuk
ski holidays
As someone probably guilty of engaging with both Brexit and Covid posters, for me the problem is that yes, I'd be happy to keep the discussion limited to all things snowy. I often ask myself should I respond, but I think this is the issue with false facts and propaganda - keeping quiet means they gain traction. Slowly but surely, continuous re-statement without objection starts to make what is claimed routine and acceptable, when it shouldn't be. But I can understand that this starts to get tedious for people who look at the thread title and find that it's drifted way off-topic. And everyone's a bit stir crazy as well, so it's easy to misinterpret what is posted and over-react. And Did I mention I have a place in the Alps?

[Sent from my Alpine Summit retreat at 3,000m carved out of the natural rock with its own heli-pad, infinity pool and subterranean funicular. And the rock cave is just great for storing my extensive rare wine collection. Everyone should have one. It really is tragic that the only people there at the moment are the resident staff.]

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 4-01-21 11:37; edited 3 times in total
snow report
Sorry for a quick bit of thread drift, but this is golden

oneglove wrote:
I’ve been reading the snow reports for over 20 years without logging in once. One day a few years back I joined the forum and was glad I did! Because there was and still is a lot of liberal, blinkered globalists who needed correction. Fundamentally I don’t think they’re very bad people, just nieve cowards who would rather see Britain fall than be called a racist. They have not for much life experience and had their lives sorted before mass immigration kicked in, or simply live in remote places that are not affected by mass immigration. Of course some are women who want to breast feed the worlds refugees life that cretin Merkel.

It's not what the Glove says...it's the way it is said:
Intelligible, coherent.

Why on earth do all the other posts by oneglove have to be such gobldygook and obviously nasty?
snow report
Other posts? What about the shite grammar and spelling in this one?
latest report
@rungsp, you mean like this?

now, back to the topic.....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy