Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TerraWest Core 22 backpack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Recently come across this backpack on Amazon, it looks suspiciously modelled on similar Ortovox bags but at a fraction of the price.

Has anyone got/had one of these? Are they worth the money or are they a cheap copy?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TerraWest-Backpack-Recco-Reflector-Installed/dp/B07XTK67BZ/ref=asc_df_B07XTK67BZ/?tag=amz07b-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=404028111314&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2841915021369505744&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006707&hvtargid=pla-847156200189&psc=1&ref=&adgrpid=83295114862
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Terrawest is an own brand of Snowsafe, who I understand modelled it on the Ortovox, as you say. I have one and am very happy with it - it seems pretty close to the Ortovox (which we also have) although I cannot vouch for how robust it is as COVID has scuppered my trips since I’ve owned it... Snowsafe team are very helpful (i have no affiliation) and I think there are currently some good bundle offers in including avalanche safety stuff if you need more than just the pack.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
strangely, was looking at avalanche packs earlier today.

Just ordered one of these, https://www.snowsafe.co.uk/product/terrawest-core-package/

Looks to be the same pack but without the extras.

Will give feedback on quality when it arrives.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also just ordered one from the Amazon link, much less than direct from snowsafe, especially for the dark blue version
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For anyone yet to order one from Snowsafe, I think there is a January offer code: TW50 (50% off some Terrawest kit)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@HF1970, thanks for that.

Might ring tomorrow and ask if they will retro apply it. If not, will send it back and re order. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’ve also decided to take the risk and just order one.

The price almost seems too good to be true compared to the equivalents out there

I will post a review when it arrives
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mine arrived, one day after mrs DTB left for Switzerland cheers Amazon and Brexit(with my mammut pack), it seems great, esp for the price, only issue that I can see is that the zipper for the drink tube opens from the top rather than the bottom, other than that, very pleased, still needs to be used of course re durability, but not a huge investment if replaced sooner or later with a full on avi bag.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sportspursuit have/had osprey kamber 22 ski backpacks on sale just now at around the £50 mark, but only in s/m back lengths. I've never heard of the brand you mention.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Me either before this thread
One more observation, it is quite light even with the removal back protector
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy