Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone considering a late season resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Have a trip booked for 13-20th March Zell am See. The ways things are going I highly doubt it’ll go ahead.
Luckily its free cancelation so considering a late option April/May/June.
Never been skiing this time of year....What are best options from your experiences?
It’s estimated things will start to return to
normal by April so its a realistic possibility I hope.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val Thorens or Tignes are fully open throughout April, May-June your going to need somewhere with a decent sized glacier- Zermatt/Cervinia or Hintertux would be good bets for May/June.
Later you leave it the less terrain you are likely to have
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like to have a late April trip to Saas Fee or Engelberg. Both are high altitude, plenty of terrain still open and have been very lucky with snow, weather etc. I saw, however, that Saas Fee is closing on around April 18 this season so have provisionally booked for a little earlier in the month (you know what not withstanding!)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes / Val can still be great late April. Usually sludgy at resort level but have had some great powder days.
Anytime before April is problematic and April probably unlikely. The government, it seems, have missed the opportunity to stockpile the Oxford vaccine. The comments from AZ show that. The boss has said they can ramp up to at last 2m. So why has that not been happening for a month or more. Grrrr.
Lets hope we all get a week or two!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If all my planned trips get cancelled I'll be looking to book Hintertux for early or late summer.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hopefully a last blast in April in Tignes for me, maybe between vaccinations. Of course, it will also depend on how France gets on with vaccines and controlling the virus. Mate in Bourg reports France had vaccinated 300 people up to last night.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chocksaway, Did I read somewhere that a fair portion of the French population will decline the vaccine?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm considering:
(1) getting vaccinated
(2) going to Iceland, whose season is longer than most and whose Covid policy has been fairly amenable so long as you have time and money.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@GeorgeVII, Initially yes, not seen recent stats but I would expect numbers turning the vaccine down will drop. Acceptance of a vaccine is on the rise in the UK as proper news takes over from Karen on Facebook!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Make a list of candidate resorts.

Look into logistic of how to get there in that time of year.

Wait.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
considering a late option April/May/June.... Never been skiing this time of year....What are best options from your experiences?
Any glacier ski area is a fantastic experience at that time - there are a fair few to pick from in Austria, Switzerland and Italy.

If you've never been, you couldn't go wrong with Hintertux for size and the general ambience and affordability of Austria.

Even July can be great - we've skied Tignes glacier a lot then and even had powder a couple of times, with an impressive vertical of up to 5 or 600 metres available.

06.00 alarm Shocked , up on the glacier by 07.30 - firm, groomed snow and cool temperatures to start....Then the sun warms the snow, turning it to lovely spring snow and finally mush by about 10.30. Still skiable though and good fun until midday. About €35 for a lift ticket, which usually includes use of the leisure pool/slides in resort.

It's a brilliant experience on a clear summer's day - with the rest of the day free for hiking, mountain biking, tennis, golf etc, or messing about on Lac de Tignes.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Staying local for a hopefully unrestricted Nz season starting in June. Might see Australians allowed in for it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you can get into Norway head to Narvik.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chocksaway wrote:
Hopefully a last blast in April in Tignes for me, maybe between vaccinations. Of course, it will also depend on how France gets on with vaccines and controlling the virus. Mate in Bourg reports France had vaccinated 300 people up to last night.

How many of the 300 weren't MPs? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
GeorgeVII wrote:
@chocksaway, Did I read somewhere that a fair portion of the French population will decline the vaccine?

Heard that some believe that the vaccine is a front for a tracking device to be injected into them. This from people who wouldn't leave the house without their personal tracking device - a mobile phone. rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Kenzie,
Yes I explained that to some moron who does not want the vaccine the other day and said that was the reason. The person also uses Alexa in their home. I pointed out this was effectively a listening device. We have all used cards to pay and so you can be tracked. The supermarkets loyalty cards are used to sell you things.Etc, etc.

I am will be looking for any skiing option wherever that may be available up to the 21/22 winter season. Beggars cannot be choosers
ski holidays
depending on your age - unless you are in one of the 9 groups announced for vaccine, you probably wont get one until the autumn.
Maybe look at a glacier for November?
ski holidays
thanks for responses guys I will look into those places.
Next option for us is probably November/December. How is Zell am See in those months?
snow report
I think Finland’s resorts are open until beginning of May. I expect most Finns will have had enough of local skiing by then so may be fairly quiet.
ski holidays
Solbakkens lifts run into may usually. Since it's Greenland there's a lot of touring options as well. Never been myself but contemplating going February or March 2022.
snow conditions
Do you think that some Alpine resorts might extend their season into late spring if snow conditions are still good and the health situation is better by then? There might be a lot of pent-up demand.
snow report
@denfinella, pretty sure Amade wont, we often have lovely conditions right up to the first May week, but most resorts close just after Easter, people are already getting the taste for summer holiday and beaches, weird IKR!
Also, the farmers are keen to get their land back ready for the coming seasons work.

Why not go just pre Christmas? We are almost always skiing at Zauchensee/Flachau/ the Amade region by 1st week of December, lovely uncrowded beautifully prepared pistes, just ask any of the Ski Amade crowd here.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy