Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacing speed laces in snowboard boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, after the inch dusting we got overnight in the hills of the West Midlands, I decided to bust out an old board I picked up off ebay for a tenner and the rest of my gear to make what I could of it.

Unfortunately, whilst tightening the Speed Lace on one of my Adidas ZX 500 boots, it snapped.

Doesn't look like it would be an easy fix and can't find anything from where I bought it from less than 3 years ago or Adidas to suggest that it's going to be covered by any warranty, so I guess I'm in the market for some replacements.

Anybody got anything positive (or negative) to say about warranty repairs on other brands? Don't really fancy getting less than 30 days' wear out of another pair of boots, only to have to chuck them for something as silly as a speed lace snapping Confused

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 29-12-20 15:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
before buying new try to take them to your snowboard shop or get in touch with adidas, they should be able to help. I got a new speed lace eyelet on a pair of salomon boots a few years ago.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The speed laces are designed so they can be replaced. Yes it is fiddly but it can be done. Unlikely to be a warranty case you just have to buy new laces and follow the instructions / watch some youtube videos to see how to do it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think Decathlon stock Salomon style replacement speed laces.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not hard to replace, just a bit fiddly. Any snowboard shop should have something suitable.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You shouldnt have too bin good boots .

If you cant get Adidas replacements perhaps the Burton speedlace replacement set with the wire loop installation tool would work ?
I havent fitted burton laces with the kit myself but know burton did change up its speed lace type at least once or possibly twice over the years.
Which means they are very likely better now .

If you cant find any Im certain I have a burton speedlace set for one boot somewhere .
The lace diameter and lace lenght is what you need to know for your boots .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all. I'll have a closer look at the boot today. Especially as there's more snow forecast in a couple of hours!

I emailed Boardwise in Cannock yesterday evening, and despite it being out of hours and a Bank Holiday, they emailed back pretty quickly and said what you all seem to be saying.

At the moment though, I'm more gutted about the almost new Tactical ADVs that were in my ebay watch list which I forgot about and went for £45 last week.

Would have been replacement and upgrade!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've edited topic title so that anybody doing a Google (or Snowheads) search like I did, might find your collective answers.

Have left the rest of my first post as it was.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy