Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drills for kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret wrote:
Rob beat me to it but 'bunny hops" at the completion of the turn is a good one, then once they are happy with that, bunny hops all around the whole turn, then carving leapers where they jump and shoot the skis out wide to edge change in the air.

I would add Jump to switch on the flat, then off tiny ridges on the edge of the piste as a fun way to get them centered and comfortable riding switch. 360's on the flat are great for balance and kids love em. Once they can do one without dying (key is to have em look up and over the shoulder) Get em doing a couple linked in one direction, then progress do one in one direction and switch to opposite rotation. Progress to 360 no poles and then on one leg... tough drill but kids pick it up quickly...

ps digging the SG poles on the mini Wink

Thanks for all these tips!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DB wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
I’m sure ankle flex is part of it. They ski quite upright. When I tell my boy to flex forward more he either sticks his bum out or skis like the leaning tower of pizza. The shifting hips forward seems like way to go. He is fine in most terrain so skis lazy but in deeper snow or wind crust he struggles to link the turns as his tails are anchoring him. That’s what I mean by getting into a more balanced position. And more athletic, to get him out of the snow in the turn

Sounds like he's going offroad with very little suspension. When snow is cräppy (e.g. breakable crust) getting the skis out of the snow at the end of the turn helps to stop them hooking up.

This drill might help

http://youtube.com/v/evxeJwpcspw

Xmas day cresting booked in Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This seems to be an open link to a very useful BASI manual that I bought! Page 18 has a good diagram explaining the centre of mass, and then the following pages explain what that means for a kid.

https://www.qgdigitalpublishing.com/publication/?m=58719&i=551751&p=2&pp=1

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 21-12-20 15:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks @kitenski, interesting.
Here is a link to all the manuals they have https://www.qgdigitalpublishing.com/publication/?m=58719&l=1&p=30&pp=2&view=issuelistBrowser
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Our kids instructor never gets them doing drills. He told my son at the beginning of the season when he was 8, that he was sorry for being really boring this year, but he was going to be telling him all season to get his weight forward. He always tells him to imagine a piece of paper between his shin and boot, that he's not allowed to drop. I think it was drummed into him sufficiently that season, as he's now very aware when he's in the backseat, especially in moguls where he knows if he doesn't correct it soon enough he'll get spat out of the fall-line.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@doddsie, while I wonder if the paper analogy is too much for a kid (other than yours, of course), I love it anyway. I mean, if there was just one thing you did (shins on tongues) and that was it, the rest of it tends to fall in line.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@doddsie, like that one.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scooter in Seattle, I think it became a 10 euro note as the season wore on, tended to focus his mind a little better.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@doddsie, I'm sure, and its more proof that the only difference between men and boys is the price of our toys. I'm going tomorrow, and I will envision what we call "Benjamins" ($100 bills) in there, held tight for safekeeping!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The drills are popular Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/VqSP8U8xkN0
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BobinCH wrote:
Kids made us proud trying out for freeride club today. It seems they can get out of the backseat when there’s a prize! I’ve been trying to get them to ski on one ski on flatter pistes. Any other good drills to get them more centred on the skis and keep those arms forward?

http://youtube.com/v/AeBnfvm1alQ

First of all I showed the video to my resident expert who said it was not bad at all.

For junior though, lose the rucksack and unless he was taught by Killy get his feet a bit wider. For daughter. RAS.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is how I roll Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy