Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Public Trust - an important film

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’ve done a search to try make sure that this has not been posted before. If it has, just shout. In the winter we slide over hills and between trees, and the issues around access and ownership aren’t really on our minds. But the issues about public good, private interest and long term stewardship are very real.

I think this is a very important film. Pressure groups can sometimes overstate things or not provide remedies, or both. But this is a well-considered, well balanced film. It’s also shocking. The issues regarding land protection in the ‘States are different to the UK, but the constant pressure on protected sites are similar. The film narrative points to the constant tensions between resource exploitation and preservation, and the pressure on successive presidents to act, following the precedent of Roosevelt and, for goodness’ sake, Tricky Dicky. Working inside Government, its easy to think things are almost always co’k up rathe than conspiracy (yes I did get it the right way around). But this film does look at deeper relations in a way which is really very worrying. We can’t just keep digging up the planet and moving on, without consequence, or indeed without those profiting from the exploitation taking responsibility for damage and degradation. BC seems to have got it right with the Chilcotin people (Crossing Home from Sherpa Cinema) and yet it is they who have had to cope with the devastating failure of the dam at the head of Fraser River.

See what you think...

http://youtube.com/v/OGjnIG7puzY
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

We can’t just keep digging up the planet and moving on, without consequence, or indeed without those profiting from the exploitation taking responsibility for damage and degradation.

Errr, yes ‘we’ can...so long as ‘we’ have drones, hellfires and a few mercenaries. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes...you are absolutely right...and it will take a lot to make it otherwise, I guess. In the current political parlance, it would be great of course if we could have our cake and eat it, and in some cases, such as wind power, it may be possible for that to be the case...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And solar. Germany ‘light’ years ahead from what I hear.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes I too like nuclear energy, not the sort we do through fission down here, but the fusion in that huge-nuclear-reactor-in-the-sky showering us with radiation from 150 million km away....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy