Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The end of the bacon sandwich on the drive to the alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sno trax wrote:

Haven't been able to find similar in France either. Anyone know of any quality wet food that comes in 400g trays similar to Forthglade?

Do you have an address in France - Forthglade is available from both Amazon.de and Amazon,fr

https://www.amazon.fr/Alimentation-Forthglade-Animalerie/s?rh=n%3A1981939031%2Cp_4%3AForthglade&tag=amz07b-21

We've had Amazon deliver stuff to campsites in France.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It may not be all doom and gloom. I see that www.thetrandingpost.fr is importing haggis, https://www.thetradingpost.fr/mckecknie-haggis-c2x24478741 and black pudding https://www.thetradingpost.fr/bury-black-pudding-chub-c2x24478720 into France (we will not mention Marmite)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scamper, thanks. Yes we have a French address. I have looked at Amazon previously to top up food we have taken with us. However, I'm not sure how the export will work now as I expect stock will come from UK. Might be worth a try though but going to work out expensive rolling eyes

Our two usual suppliers in the UK are no longer shipping to EU.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@johnE, The Trading Post sausages aren't too bad either. As a company they are dependable too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Remember that if you're driving on into Switzerland, they also have fairly strict limits on the amounts of foodstuff you can take in, based on per person. More an issue if you're in 2+ cars and one car is carrying all the groceries bought in France for the whole group. But it's worth being aware of what the limits are, as we certainly have been quizzed at the Swiss border before. See the Swiss Customs webpages for more information.

Once you are stopped, then like any immigration and customs officials, you may get asked about anything that looks like a VAT-liable item e.g. expensive new DSLR or video equipment. Ideally, have the original receipts handy (I know, unlikely, but I have had this happen once, albeit over 17 years of transiting the border in GB cars).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bergmeister wrote:
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
I will be sad not to take a litre of milk with me. We drive overnight and get to the apartment about 6 in the morning desperate for a cup of tea. Getting milk in the middle of the night in France can be a bit of a challenge
Powdered milk would do the job? Presumably it's allowed?

Or powdered white tea ('QT' by Typhoo), which we've used for years in thermos flasks for skiing, hiking & biking.

Powdered milk is a marvel! Toofy Grin

I think you'll find most powdered milk is still "a product of animal origin", though from the taste of much of it I wouldn't like to commit as to WHICH animal...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bergmeister wrote:
Powdered milk is a marvel! Toofy Grin

Doff Chapeau sir...

Wondering, what if I had a pet passport for my bolognaise?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Can't wait to see Nigel Farage, who's now resorted to those crappy vlogs, standing on the White Cliffs of Dover with the great British bacon sandwich and pint in hand.......

Argh, but bacon is one of those things that comes under "What did the Romans do for us?". Nothing British about bacon whatsoever Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dutch customs now confiscating sandwiches from Brits, while the Spanish are taking their Nandos Piri Piri sauces.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/welcome-to-the-brexit-sir-customs-officials-confiscate-ham-sandwiches-at-dutch-border/11/01/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy