Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Amusing Clip

Poster: A snowHead
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4265076057518604193&q=ski+crash&pr=goog-sl
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ouch.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Disappearing Skier Shocked
Wherdeego?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9083045214865537370&q=ski+crash&pl=true
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim, martski, Pilot Error! What WERE his intentions..? Did he intend to clear the ridge, or go through it.....

What is beyond the Thunderdome?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
1, Ouch, you never see how many times that happends on the big air dvd's

2, is that a backpack or hi shirt that gets hung up?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm fairly sure that the first video has been doctored (pardon the pun!)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer, I suspect you are right, there is something not quite right about it (apart from the obvious) looks almost 'cartoony'
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try this link for some amusing crashes; http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ski.freeride.damien.albert/la_page_du_stagiaire_merit.htm This site belongs to a french ski instructor/guide, Damien Albert who works in LDA (no doubt easiski knows him). He runs freeride camps and has a collection of his punters wipe outs. Listen to the commentary. Cool guy to ski with who has an infectious laugh and great sense of fun.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello PP, that link seems to be invalid, could you update it? I'm quite interested.
thanx
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
doctoressie, it's got a . too many on it, try this one
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ski.freeride.damien.albert/la_page_du_stagiaire_merit.htm
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FenlandSkier, Thanks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8559934183279053290&q=ski+crash

try that one, not a ski crash but i just thought absolutely brilliantly simple...................much less expensive than a gf/wife Wink Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shocked Shocked

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9202775712037155988&q=ski+crash very very funny!!! Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dan, An excellent way to scratch a tiled floor with a stanley knife Very Happy
snow conditions
but very clever
snow report
I have to confess that something like the second clip actually happen to me once with my rucksack getting court on the chair. Thankfully it only dragged me a little way around and all I had was a little dented pride and a telling off by the liftie! I've always made sure I completely buckled up since.
ski holidays
stevew, I too have had an 'OHNO moment' (a moment that only lasts a few seconds but feels like a lifetime!) once getting off a chair with my backpack getting caught. Thankfully I wasn't dragged anywhere as I couldn't slide far enough forward to get off, but when I eventually did, I made my exit in the same direction the chair was departing with a frantic skate step or 2 to get out of its way.

I now make very sure that waist and chest belts are well buckled and the excess strapping tucked under.

Of course, this could all be avoided if one headed the common warning signs at chairs showing that riders should hold their backpacks on their laps! Embarassed Come to think of it, do any snowheads actually do this?
snow conditions
This week at the thing that shall not be named, I started to use a bigger camelbak. I have used a smaller one with no problem in the past.
It was not a problem until half way into the week where a lose strap got caught while I was still going up the hill. I undid it before I got to the top station. But it was enough of a scare that eveytime I remembered I did take it off and put it on my front or lose over my arm.
ski holidays
I started off taking my backpack off and holding it but soon realised I was the exception rather than the rule so kept it on after then. I tend to keep the straps tight and loose ends tucked in to avoid them flailing around whilst skiing.
latest report
Very few people, even guides and instructors seem to take off their rucksacks. I must admit that i always think that I'm more at risk of messing up if I'm carrying the sack and dropping it on landing, even given my above mention experience! Nick_C, didn't you camelback freeze up, that's the reason I've never used my cycling one?
snow report
stevew, I got a snoblast which is insualted and as it was april, hot and sunny freezing was not a problem Smile

In Banff I did suffer from freeze up's. but it's very cold there -20 somedays.
ski holidays
Ow: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1281482219796108525
snow report
RobW, Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy