Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine Elements - another one bites the icy piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
everything this guy says sounds so fake - if you tried so hard why did you register a new company Venture Holidays in May ??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is a guy, who took the name board off a Chalet and swopped it with another one, so he could use that Chalet for his own personal use on a peak week and try and con the person who'd booked a specific chalet with their hard earned cash and poured over the pics and how it looked and loved the feel of the place etc.. so I think ethics are not part of his style.. very sad indeed and doesn't deserve a successful business....

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 15-12-20 13:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just a question re "Phoenix" companies - is it even legal for the Administrators to sell on customer details to a new company now?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobinS wrote:
Just a question re "Phoenix" companies - is it even legal for the Administrators to sell on customer details to a new company now?

In the way you refer to yes. Another company is buying the old company assets.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
True, if it is sold as a going concern, but the line starts to get blurry if and as the administrator breaks up the company to realise the value of the assets it can, to pay whatever bills it can - which is its job.
In practice though, these administration jobs tend to be done on a fixed fee, that is smaller than many might imagine, so there's no real incentive to do much more than the bare minimum ie. accepting 'pre-packed' offers and pointing creditors toward the relevant agencies.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@admin,

it is quite possible the new company was a creditor of the old company as well.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes it is @Mr.Egg, although I don't see the relevant significance in this context.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd expect it to be the other way round - if the old company folded owing to the new company then the new company might be able to get a tax write off at some stage (assuming that enough people are willing to be parted from their money buying holidys with the new one for it to make a profit!)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ecureuil wrote:
TravelMole wrote:
..."We really thought we could get through this but we needed the money from this year's ski season.." he said.

So he was planning to use money from this season's holidaymakers to refund last season's, which looks a bit like trading while insolvent. ...
Yes, it seemed a very remarkable thing to say for precisely that reason: it looks like a clear admission.
I half expected a retraction or correction, but none has been forthcoming.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Snowfinders,
Quote:

RobinS wrote:

In the way you refer to yes. Another company is buying the old company assets.

Wouldn't customers have had to agree to their details being sold on? The new company is not actually related to the old one, and I thought the sale of details without permission was illegal?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah reading @admin, post, if they buy the entire company out of administration they get the customer database, but they can't just buy that along with a few other assets.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a look at their website earlier :: still using the Atol/Abta logos, but 'terms and conditions' say they (alpine elements?) will provide financial protection.
Also says they are not accepting bookings at the moment..?!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin wrote:
In practice though, these administration jobs tend to be done on a fixed fee, that is smaller than many might imagine, so there's no real incentive to do much more than the bare minimum ie. accepting 'pre-packed' offers and pointing creditors toward the relevant agencies.

It is remarkably easy to do. A company I did some work for got into difficulty a few years back. They called in a 'fixer', as I prefer to call them, who organised the pre-pack. A 2m turnover company cost a mere 10k to buy back including all the fees - uncannily the small fixed fee is often the same as what's left in the bank account. As usual HMRC took the biggest hit, followed by a few suppliers who were replaceable. All the staff were looked after. Nobody turned up to the creditors' meeting - as per usual apparently.

Although it was relatively painless and it 'cleared the decks', I know that HMRC have made life difficult for the Directors since and it mainly involves whether or not they preferred themselves to their creditors, which would be illegal under company law. I think HMRC get their pound of flesh one way or the other basically.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy