Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Yummy spring snow (Cairngorms)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taillear's off Ben Macdui, down to the Lairig Ghru

and Coire Raibert off Cairngorms, down to Loch Avon

followed by fresh snow yesterday on the Cas headwall.

Still lots of snow for all you tourers. snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So what was Coire Raibert like? Did you ski it all the way down to loch Avon? I skiied over to Ben Macdui on Saturday 29th April and thought the steep bit of the Coire might be a bit iffy - narrow with a possibility of holes through to the burn, but didn't go and look.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kit Wong,

Great photos
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave Horsley, Nice spring snow at the stop getting progressively heavy to the bottom, which was about 10m from the loch. The run down to the loch was broken once or twice, and narrow in places, but not enough to warrant taking off skis. We pulled onto the ridge when the burn got too exposed

It was too soft, steep, and exposed to wet slides to skin back up, so we hiked up the heather beside the snow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kit Wong,

Nice piccies, but the snow looks a bit heavy in the first one.

I'll probably be up at the Gorm on Sunday and will, providing the overhead conditions are decent, be over the back so may have a look from the top. Might have another look at the burn course between the saddle and Coire Raibert - looked skiable a couple of weekends ago, but I didn't attempt it as there was a large drift of snow sitting on a slab and it was cracked at the top, bit worried it might avalanche and I was on my own.

Hopefully there will still be decent cover for this weekend, which looks like it will be the last for lift served skiing at the Gorm this season. Still pretty good to still be able to do lift served skiing in Scotland into May.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Was up at the Gorms on Sunday 7th May. Last day of lift served skiing in Scotland for the 05/06 season. It was so busy that at times there seemed more staff than punters in the Ptarmigan. The proportion of monoboarders was high though Smile may have been as high as 10% of all the snow users there.

I spent most of the day over the back - had a couple of runs down Ciste Mheraed which is still in pretty good nick and then skinned up Marquises well , down the south face of Cairngorm which has a decent snow field to get in a few turns and over to Coire Domhain where there is also decent cover. This was as far as I went, but looks as if you could ski from there to Ben Macdui.

Sorry no piccies
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy