Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inferno 2021 Cancelled

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Kandahar Ski Club, organisers of the International Inferno Race, have announced on social media that the 78th race events due to be held 20-23 January 2021 have been cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions.....

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Alastair Pink, I was just talking about this with the OH yesterday. It was always going to be an odd Inferno week, sans mad partying and perhaps a trifle optimistic on the O.K. to think they could get the racing to run. It has not been actually cancelled very often. I have raced in some decidedly sketchy conditions!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
@Alastair Pink, I was just talking about this with the OH yesterday. It was always going to be an odd Inferno week, sans mad partying and perhaps a trifle optimistic on the O.K. to think they could get the racing to run. It has not been actually cancelled very often. I have raced in some decidedly sketchy conditions!

I think this sums up what I've feared since last April about skiing at all this winter. In that even if it's possible, it's going to be somewhere between a pale imitation and basically rubbish.

I appreciate those folks for whom their ski holiday is nothing but skiing hard, sleeping and the most time efficient and content basic sustenance will probably be quite happy with the quiet slopes but that's far from what I think most folks want.

Don't wish to spoil it for locals etc but should we just hope that it ends up being a poor season conditions wise? Better that happens this year than in future when we can all go normally again?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
robboj wrote:

Don't wish to spoil it for locals etc but should we just hope that it ends up being a poor season conditions wise? Better that happens this year than in future when we can all go normally again?

Conditions this year have no bearing on future seasons, and sitting here watching the snow fall outside it looks like we could be in for a really good one. Can't remember the last time we had this much snow at the beginning of December. Bring it on!

Shame about the Inferno though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@telford_mike,I realise that but from an emotional as opposed to factual point of view I'm being completely subjective on the basis of the rather hopeless 'law of averages'

Fully appreciate your point of view, especially from your location but from mine if it is a really good one then sod's law says 21/22 will end up being poor!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@robboj, Law of averages I agree with, the trouble is at the moment we seem to get rather more Sod’s law. I seem to remember saying back in March, something along the lines of 'it'll be nice next season when it’s all over'.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy