Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Insight/Analysis Videos

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
swskier wrote:

Inclination is a big focus for me as well at the moment, I also need to get bigger edge angles and get my hip lower to the ground. Hopefully the sitting down hockey stop might help promote that.

I very much get set with my angulation and ride through the turn, rather than inclining and progressively building up the angulation and edge angle.

Lots of practise to be done snowHead

Rightly (or wrongly), I found the following:

1. It was very important to remain flexed at transition, which helped with getting early edge contact/control

2. Feel the "Float" as the skis changed from one set of edges to the other

3. Progressively pull the U/Hill ski up under the hip

3. Finish the turn with a little extra knee angle, which gave extra power into next turn

4. Make sure I wasn't thrown into the back seat as the speed and power increased - by pulling both feet back under hips at the start of the turn.

Getting it right was fast, fun and exciting, while remaining in total control (as the skis did the work). Getting it wrong was frustrating, where my weight was thrown too far back and I was "fighting" with my skis, which noisily scraped across the surface - resulting in having to stop and reset. As the holiday progressed and the sun came out, the former was much more common.
I could have done with another week and some professional guidance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Old Fartbag wrote:

Rightly (or wrongly), I found the following:

1. It was very important to remain flexed at transition, which helped with getting early edge contact/control

2. Feel the "Float" as the skis changed from one set of edges to the other

3. Progressively pull the U/Hill ski up under the hip

3. Finish the turn with a little extra knee angle, which gave extra power into next turn

4. Make sure I wasn't thrown into the back seat as the speed and power increased - by pulling both feet back under hips at the start of the turn.

Getting it right was fast, fun and exciting, while remaining in total control (as the skis did the work). Getting it wrong was frustrating, where my weight was thrown too far back and I was "fighting" with my skis, which noisily scraped across the surface - resulting in having to stop and reset. As the holiday progressed and the sun came out, the former was much more common.
I could have done with another week and some professional guidance.

Not too dissimilar to the sort of thoughts I have, I particularly think about my inside knee and really trying to get that as close to the ground as I can. I think a lot of it for me is having the guts to allow myself to incline further inside before angulating, and if sometimes I go down on the inside then fine, it's finding that balancing act.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Screenshot from a Paul Lorenz video which I imagine is in this thread somewhere

Screenshot-2024-01-16-at-20-39-30

http://youtube.com/v/OKCvnIV6pQU
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
swskier wrote:

I think a lot of it for me is having the guts to allow myself to incline further inside before angulating...

Absolutely.

It's certainly very different to how I was originally taught. If only I was 50 years younger! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Old Fartbag wrote:
swskier wrote:

I think a lot of it for me is having the guts to allow myself to incline further inside before angulating...

Absolutely.

It's certainly very different to how I was originally taught. If only I was 50 years younger! Toofy Grin

With straightish branches tied to your foot with vines, one should only angulate upon contact with Woolly Mammoths.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AL9000 wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
swskier wrote:

Absolutely.

With straightish branches tied to your foot with vines, one should only angulate upon contact with Woolly Mammoths.

Laughing

Precisely!

(Keep going straight unless death is inevitable Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Old Fartbag, Turning is for wimps Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Great Man has some tips here. Robocop drill has the advantage of eliminating the possibility of the dreaded 'Pole Click'

http://youtube.com/v/95QU9tjjhxg&ab_channel=MaisonSport
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

http://youtube.com/v/E3ymhx9m4Vo

http://youtube.com/v/j5EiFIsMm68
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like this one... Something I've thought about before and have felt when skiing well

http://youtube.com/v/1mCdMezMypE&ab_channel=TomGellie-BigPictureSkiing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy