Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet changing cabin bag policy effective 10 Feb 2021

Poster: A snowHead
From February 10th Easyjet's cabon bag policy will be changing.

The use of overhead bins will be restricted to customers that purchased front row/emergency exit seats, are easyJet Plus members or bought a Flexi ticket.

All other passengers will only be allowed to carry one small cabin bag per person on board (maximum size 45 x 36 x 20cm, including any handles or wheels), which must fit under the seat in front of you.

It appears that the charge on a one-way LGW -> GVA flight on the 18th of February is £48 for bringing an oversized bag to the gate and not paying for the bag upfront or selecting a "premium" seat or flexi ticket - let the misery and anger begin!

Full details here: https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/cabin-bag-and-hold-luggage
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Being discussed on the other Easy thread.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guess they are trying to recoup all the losses from this year
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It just goes from bad to worse with Easyjet. First they scrap all Newcastle Flights; and now they (as good as) scrap hand luggage.

Bye bye to ski boots in carry-on.... Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My son has a booking for 13 Feb to GVA bought for £28 ages ago. His confirmation says he's allowed 'Max size 56 x 45 x 25cm' so I assume he'll be ok.
Who knows whether the flight will run though! If it does, it will be a bargain - current price is £605.99 single!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can still book an overhead cabin bag even on a standard ticket - £7 per bag. They’ve called it Hands free and you deposit the bag at bag drop. If you’ve already booked flights, you can have an overhead cabin bag free.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flat ski-boot bags such as these fit under the seat. And if you wear them as backpacks, or carry them like a laptop case, then you will generally not have an issue. I have done this many times, whilst also having a cabin-bag on wheels:

https://www.theskierslounge.co.uk/luggage/pgr/lange-basic-duo-ski-boot-bag-with-backpack-straps__2439?currency=GBP&chosenAttribute=LKIB08&gclid=CjwKCAiA8Jf-BRB-EiwAWDtEGoarokPTw6vnlCLrsbC7IencRS3vY2C-YC_pmg7xU1hbQD2MeEGyzxoC03QQAvD_BwE

https://www.sailandski.co.uk/ski-c45/ski-luggage-c70/ski-boot-bags-c72/rossignol-hero-dual-boot-bag-20-21-p3515/s12905?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=rossignol-hero-dual-boot-bag-20-21-pzw6306&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&cid=GBP&gclid=CjwKCAiA8Jf-BRB-EiwAWDtEGg_WLYzcrAwvUlcTRapHCyRceOGe899GFu4wjJcx3F6DjMSUCnbirRoCWpQQAvD_BwE

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 2-12-20 9:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
james75 wrote:
If you’ve already booked flights, you can have an overhead cabin bag free.

Are you sure? That’s not clear from the website, it just refers to all travel from 10 Feb and the Holiday FAQs refers specifically to “what happens if I booked before the announcement?” - and that says the new rules apply (and apply to your homeward flight even if you go out before 10/2 and come back after!).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bergmeister wrote:
It just goes from bad to worse with Easyjet. First they scrap all Newcastle Flights; and now they (as good as) scrap hand luggage.

Bye bye to ski boots in carry-on.... Sad

I don't think they’ve scrapped all flights from Newcastle on a “never will we fly from Newcastle again basis” have they? And you can still take your boots on board you just need to explicitly pay for it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They're going to see a lot more weirdos trying to wear ski boots onto the plane.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you’ve already booked flights before this announcement then you’re eligible for ‘Hands free’. Had the email yesterday for our flight to Austria in March
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nba2005uk wrote:
If you’ve already booked flights before this announcement then you’re eligible for ‘Hands free’. Had the email yesterday for our flight to Austria in March

Yep, saw the same one - but you can’t take it on board without booking a posh seat, I don’t think.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's nice, another reason not to fly with easyJet!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My reading of the email, like NBA's, is that if you've already booked then you get 'hands free' for free so Ski boots will be fine, they'll end up in the hold, and get you can get a small bag to take on board.

It's annoying that they're finding ever more elaborate ways to extract money out of people but I'll not miss the fighting over locker space.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This was inevitable, the pressure on space in the overhead compartments has increased massively over recent years. Some of this was caused by low cost airlines charging for hold luggage, but I have seen the problem extend across all airlines. I normally fly a lot on business and have seen a massive increase in both the numbers of people trying to board with substantial hand baggage and the size of the luggage. It is completely unrealistic for everyone to assume they will be able to carry a full-size roller bag inside the cabin, there simply is not enough space. And a huge amount of it is completely unnecessary - I see a lot of people arguing and pleading to avoid having their hand baggage put in the hold only to see them picking up skis and large cases at baggage collection on arrival.

I actually support EasyJet with this one, there is not enough space so charging for it is the most efficient way of rationing it. Those that need to, or place a high value on, taking a substantial bag on board will be guaranteed there will be space to do so. I suspect other airlines will follow suit to a large extent, and I support them in doing so. I am happy to pay a bit extra when travelling on business to guarantee I can avoid hold baggage and it's inherent delay to exit. And am frankly fed up with the pushing, rushing, shoving and bun fights which the boarding process often involves.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 2-12-20 12:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@zikomo, I was surprised on my trip to Japan last year that people still had giant bags for cabin, even though the economy ticket included 2x25kg bags
ski holidays
@zikomo, well said

I do also believe a big part of this has been driven by the move to charge for hold luggage, strict enforcements on hold baggage weights as well mean people try to take more onboard to ensure the hold piece remains within the weight requirement. I have to say I have seen the impact on legacy carriers that have moved to offering low cost tickets without hold baggage, where everyone is now bringing a trolley on board with a backpack/handbag on board with many flights having to offload trolleys from the cabin to the hold due to lack of space delaying pushback. It has driven behavioral change.

There is of course always the convenience factor as more times than not you will clear passport control prior to the luggage coming around on the carousel - which in the ever time conscious and self induced manic stressed world we live in we don't want to be inconvenienced by waiting for bags.

Where Easyjet may have got it right vs Wizzair is that there is a limit to the number of seats that can be purchased with a cabin bag that can go overhead - on wizzair it appears that nearly everyone can buy a "priority boarding pass" which includes a larger cabin bag piece - so everyone now queues in the priority boarding line with a kitchen sink and all.
ski holidays
Anyone been on EJ recently and know how strict the cabin bag rules enforcement is? Travelling from GVA. Thanks
snow report
Been on quite a few EJ flights lately & have to say not seen anyone being challenged on size or putting their under seat bag up above
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy