Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Bindings Question

Poster: A snowHead
Hey my name is Conrad and I bought privately Nordica Firearrow SP Men’s skis (https://www.kijiji.ca/v-ski/winnipeg/men-s-skis/1515184894) which I believe have the N ADV P.R.Evo binding system. It's 176 cm in length and 130, 78, 108 are the other measurements. I never owned skis before and bought them thinking it shouldn't be too hard to find some bindings, but my search is making it seem hard if not impossible. I just need the toe and heel bindings. Anyone have any ideas, suggestions of where to go to buy the bindings or parts I need so that I can put some adult size alpine boots on it? I'm not an expert skier and I'm looking for cheap bindings if possible that will fit on these skis. If you can send me details or links and prices if possible that would be great. I contacted Nordica who told me to contact an authorized dealer, I did and haven't received a response yet (they live 6 hours away so I'm not sure if they would have one if they could ship it to me). I don't care if they're used! Please help as I don't know what I'm doing and having a hard time finding an answer! Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Luckeh9, are you looking for the specific bindings (N ADV P.R.Evo). If so, that may be the issue, as I don't see any reason you would need to have those specific bindings. And I think those bindings and indeed the skis are quite old.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Layne wrote:
@Luckeh9, are you looking for the specific bindings (N ADV P.R.Evo). If so, that may be the issue, as I don't see any reason you would need to have those specific bindings. And I think those bindings and indeed the skis are quite old.

I really don't know the terminology... I don't know what the track mounting system is called on those Nordica skis, I saw N ADV P.R.Evo somewhere and thought that was the name for it (oops). What ski bindings would fit on that track mounting system? Is there a bunch? Or it need to be a specific one? Where would I find them?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As per this thread these are the options:

#1 Sell the skis and buy something else with bindings (when buying new you would normally be given options if there are options or not if a system binding, if buying second hand usually best to buy with binding otherwise you have this palaver)

#2 Take off the track/rail and just buy some new fixed bindings

#3 Contact a proper ski shop and ask what they can do - doesn't have to be a Nordica dealer just a good ski shop that can give good expert advice
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne wrote:
As per this thread these are the options:

#1 Sell the skis and buy something else with bindings (when buying new you would normally be given options if there are options or not if a system binding, if buying second hand usually best to buy with binding otherwise you have this palaver)

#2 Take off the track/rail and just buy some new fixed bindings

#3 Contact a proper ski shop and ask what they can do - doesn't have to be a Nordica dealer just a good ski shop that can give good expert advice

Thanks so much for responding, and steering me in the right direction. I really appreciate it! Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Luckeh9, That ski is from 2015/16 and the bindings are a rebadged VIST Speedcom system. I'm the VIST dealer in the UK and I've come across this before. The problem you have is that that variation of the Speedcom was specific to Nordica and VIST don't have any parts for it and the parts from the VIST consumer version won't fit the rail. And Nordica don't have parts either so there's no point contacting them.

The Fire Arrow is a very good ski and $100 is still a good price if they're unused as stated in the ad. At that price I'd either look for for another used battered pair that you can get for dirt cheap and then harvest the bindings or any retailer with be able to remove the rail, plug the holes and supply/fit either another rail system or a set of flat mounted binders.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What about eBay?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393031018764
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
What about eBay?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393031018764

They're the ones. Cheap too. Never seen 'em available seperately before as the toes'n'heels should always be with the skis'n'rails as a set. The OP needs to snipe 'em pronto. £30 to FedEx/UPS to the USA (which I presume is where the OP is located).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You guys are all amazing! Wow! I've been stressing about this and I love the help! Its incredible that there's those bindings available, unfortunately when I went to buy it doesn't ship to Canada... So I messaged the seller and hopefully they'll be able to somehow ship it to me!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Luckeh9 wrote:
You guys are all amazing! Wow! I've been stressing about this and I love the help! Its incredible that there's those bindings available, unfortunately when I went to buy it doesn't ship to Canada... So I messaged the seller and hopefully they'll be able to somehow ship it to me!

But it says:

Quote:

Postage:
Free Economy Delivery | See details

Item location:
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Posts to:
United Kingdom, Antigua and Barbuda, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Australia, United States, Bahrain, Canada, Brazil, Japan, New Zealand, China, Israel, Hong Kong, Norway, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Korea, South, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Bangladesh, Belize, Bermuda, Barbados, Brunei Darussalam, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Grenada, French Guiana, Iceland, Jersey, Jordan, Cambodia, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Liechtenstein, Sri Lanka, Macau, Monaco, Maldives, Montserrat, Martinique, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Reunion, Turks and Caicos Islands, Aruba, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Chile, Bahamas, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Kuwait, Panama, Philippines, Qatar, El Salvador, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Vietnam See exclusions

You shouild see the option at checkout.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Layne wrote:
Luckeh9 wrote:

But it says:

Quote:

Postage:
Free Economy Delivery | See details

Item location:
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Posts to:
United Kingdom, Antigua and Barbuda, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Australia, United States, Bahrain, Canada, Brazil, Japan, New Zealand, China, Israel, Hong Kong, Norway, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Korea, South, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Bangladesh, Belize, Bermuda, Barbados, Brunei Darussalam, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Grenada, French Guiana, Iceland, Jersey, Jordan, Cambodia, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Liechtenstein, Sri Lanka, Macau, Monaco, Maldives, Montserrat, Martinique, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Reunion, Turks and Caicos Islands, Aruba, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Chile, Bahamas, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Kuwait, Panama, Philippines, Qatar, El Salvador, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Vietnam See exclusions

You shouild see the option at checkout.

I saw that too so it gives me hope, hopefully they respond with good news! When I try and buy it says:

Unfortunately, this seller won't send this item to MB, Canada. Here is what you can do:

Update your delivery address and try again.
You can find similar items from another seller.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Luckeh9, The free economy postage is for the UK only. Tell the seller that he can ship the bindings by FedEx via https://uk.interparcel.com/ for GBP30.00. Shipping takes 2/3 working days and you'll have to pay a bit of import duty, sales tax & a clearance fee your end but you'll still be well ahead on the deal versus their value.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyderjon wrote:
@Luckeh9, The free economy postage is for the UK only. Tell the seller that he can ship the bindings by FedEx via https://uk.interparcel.com/ for GBP30.00. Shipping takes 2/3 working days and you'll have to pay a bit of import duty, sales tax & a clearance fee your end but you'll still be well ahead on the deal versus their value.

Will do thanks! Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is a bit of a "jr hartley - yellow pages" moment if anybody remembers the reference.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The seller hasn't been responding... (Not going to give up but as a backup) does anyone know if the N ADV Evo 10 bindings these come with would fit the Nordica Firearrow SP Men’s skis I have?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nordica-GT-74-S-168-cm-Ski-Nordica-N-ADV-Evo-10-Bindings-Winter-Sport-Snow-CBS/283093116990?hash=item41e9aa283e:g:3c0AAOSwzk5ejcto
snow conditions
@Luckeh9, I'm not 100% sure if they'll fit as there were a few variations available. However that doesn't matter as the rail mounting locations are the same so if the upper heel'n'toe bindings don't fit your rail simply swap the complete rail assembly.
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
@Luckeh9, I'm not 100% sure if they'll fit as there were a few variations available. However that doesn't matter as the rail mounting locations are the same so if the upper heel'n'toe bindings don't fit your rail simply swap the complete rail assembly.

Thanks, yeah I wasn't thinking about the whole rail system but that's good that I could do that if needed.
ski holidays
Letting ya'll know the great outcome. Some may call me lucky but someone from Tecnicagroup, who owns Nordica, (that I emailed a week before and referred me to an authorized dealer), emailed me out of the blue and write: "We managed to find a pair of bindings you can fit on these skis. We can get them shipped out to you next Tuesday from Montreal. Can you please provide your shipping address and phone number. We will send these no charge." So not only did I find that unicorn, but I'm getting them for free! Very Happy Some One is sure looking out for me and I thank you guys for helping me!
snow conditions
Nice result !! Smile
ski holidays
@Luckeh9, the most apt user name ever Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Glad I found this thread.
Managed to get a nice set of Nordica skis, virtually new (Ex-Demo, but without a mark on them) but had the same binding issue. Chuffed to get some good pointers on how to resolve the problem.
Assuming there is a next time for purchasing skis, and I'll heed the advice about getting it all as one package. wink
Now, how to 'hide' the 'new' skis from the other half! Laughing
Cheers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy