Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Blowers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some snow blower advice. For those with a place in a ski resort what are you using? I need something than can clear a parking space and quite a long path, possibly after a week or two of snow, or after the snow has sat there for several days and possibly refrozen.

Does it have to be a multi-stage petrol one for that? I'd prefer a battery-powered electric one because it'll need less maintenance and will start every time, but they look a bit weedy.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

http://youtube.com/v/k0g4uUcw0sY
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Electric ones are crap. You can get cheap petrol ones for a few hundred € but they'll struggle in warm, wet or refrozen snow. Anything under €500 is likely to disappoint.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Prefer this one...

http://youtube.com/v/zvR-eaKUVqU
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
telford_mike wrote:
Electric ones are crap. You can get cheap petrol ones for a few hundred € but they'll struggle in warm, wet or refrozen snow. Anything under €500 is likely to disappoint.

While this is basically correct, I think, we bought ours (MTD 611D) in 2006 and it was about €1,400 - you can buy the equivalent these days for about €700.

If I was buying again, I would defo have cat tracks. I've put chains on mine this year and it makes a huge difference. The wheels are crap.

Actually, having now done a fair bit of reconstruction, the whole thing is pretty crap. You don't get a lot for your money!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We paid a man....
snow report
 bonglats
bonglats
I live in an area with light dry snow and have found a battery-operated Stihl leaf blower to be of great use if the snow is not a big dump. If we get a big dump then I have a Honda snowblower which has been very dependable and clears all but the heavy wet snow that I call heart attack snow. Read this article for a proper guidance.
As for lawn cutting, I have a Honda self-driving mower with a bagger that you can adjust how much you want to bag and how much you wish to mulch. It has about 8 speeds and does a wonderful job.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bonglats, where do you get your pills, I want some rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
We paid a man....

Mr. Plow?

http://youtube.com/v/tIUG_Kfw5A0
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I wonder how @hold_my_biere got on….possibly still trying to clear his parking area and pathway with a battery operated snowblower…? Laughing

We’ve got a fairly decent snowblower but, in slushy/heavy or frozen/thawed, compacted snow, it’s typically replaced with a shovel….not great when there’s a 100m+ driveway and two parking places to clear Skullie
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy