Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 29-30 April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit of a mute point to tell you about the snow as the lifts are now closed, but I'll do it anyway:
Snow was good!
Only a couple of earth patches showing on the whole mountain above Ruinettes. We skied all the way to Medran (ie Verbier town) both days, skis off to walk the last 75 yards.
Hard frozen in the morning, stay on the freshly groomed or ice-cookies would mean a trip to the dentist!
Once it warmed up there was some fantastic spring-corn snow off piste...just wonderful stuff.

There was a Speed Ski event on Mont Fort...wow...it is really SPEEED Ski!
We watched a few crazy types go water skiing/boarding trough a specially created "lake"...sadly not a single one fell in!

And so ended our first season as appartment owners in Le Chable (the cheap-seats village in the valley below Verbier, connected by a bubble). 33 days...not bad! New Year, 1/2 Term and Easter already booked for next year!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad to hear the last few days were still good. I was there until last thursday and found some of the lovely spring snow, aswell as having adjusted and having some fun in the slush.
The speed ski even was great - did you see the mono- skier go down it?

How did you find living in Le Chable? I was staying in Le Hameau which was a nice area but without a car, was a bit of a trek once the buses stop.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Le Chable is different...it really is not Verbier from a living point of view.
Very friendly, very Swiss. Several bars, 5 or 6 restaurants, one of which is very nice indeed...upscale but about 35% of the price of a Verbier meal.
2 supermarkets. 2 ski shops. 2 bakers. Opticians, Hardware, Electrical, Dry Cleaner, Hairdresser, 2 banks.
So all you really need....but not the huge numer of bars/restaurants and ski shops that you get in Verbier.
No night clubs!

No lift queue either...we once had to get the third bubble...that was our ony queue and that was at a half term weekend....it is rather fun passing through Medran lift station when the queue there is huge...we do feel exceptionally smug!

The lift down to La Chable runs until 18.45 so there is time for an apres-drink in town if you want...just don't miss that lift...it would make the "trek" to Hameau look rather small!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy