Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All mountain ski advice - Black Crows Camox or Atomic Bent Chetler 100?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks,

I'm an intermediate-advanced skier and am about to do my first full season in Chamonix. I'm looking for a one-ski quiver that will be able to handle the variety of conditions over ~4 months and expect to do a bit of everything (piste, off piste, touring, and enough playability to practice butters/freestyle etc). Expect to spend around ~50% of my time on piste vs. off and will always opt for powder when I can. Plan is to mount shift bindings on them.

After doing a bunch of research I've landed on the Black Crows Camox and Atomic Bent Chetler 100. Wondering if any of you guys have experience with either/both? I'd say the 3 priorities for me are that they perform well in powder, have sufficient edge grip/stability for carving on piste days, and have good playability (e.g. can do nose butters, small jumps etc.). Less fussed about weight.

Appreciate any experience/advice you have on these two skis. Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @SkiFather snowHead

Also look at Stockli 95.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m bought my camox during my season in Chamonix last winter - it’s the old red twin tip version though. I do really like them for piste or off piste. Found them quite easy going, no trouble at all. That said I have my carver and mostly used my camox for off piste but tested them on piste and gripped pretty well so. I have tested the freebird version and still preferred the normal.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for the Stöckli SR95
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never thought I would see Stöcklis recommended for someone who wants to jib around and nose butter Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999 wrote:
Never thought I would see Stöcklis recommended for someone who wants to jib around and nose butter Laughing

Why not? If the Camox can do it, why not the SR95?

BTW: The park is not where you will find me, so those terms mean little to me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ulmerhutte, Stöcklis are generally pretty stiff and high performance, torsionally and along the length of the ski - which is basically the exact opposite of what you'd want in a ski to butter (basically bend and balance on the tip of the ski) and jib.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 28-10-20 14:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Bent Chetler 100 would be great for your requirements. I've recently supplied a pair to a fellow snowHead which I dual mounted with Quiver Killer inserts for both Shifts and Superlite 175's plus skins/crampons = as versatile set-up as you could get.

I'd also recommend looking at the Whitedot Altum range which are currently on an early bird offer.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Classic - a couple of posts responding to a how do I decide between 2 skis of my short list with a 3rd ski which has a completely different use case.

Just another day in "I have this it's brilliant" land.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike wrote:
Also look at Stockli 95.

Do not do this, the Stockli is about as far away from what you want in a freestyle all mtn ski as it’s possible to get!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SkiFather, I spent last season on the bent chetlers 100, cant speak highly enough of them , mounted with the shift they are good for pretty much everything but longer touring , great edge grip , super easy to move in the trees and also fun if you like to jib , I would say if you start taking on longer tours you might want to invest in lighter skis made for the job , but for the shorter lift served and intro stuff they are spot on
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Just another day in "I have this it's brilliant" land.

NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nordica enforcer 100 is a great single quiver ski. also possibly on the stiff side for jibbing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maybe look at the icelantic nomad 95. i have the 105 and its very playful. great off piste. ok on piste as you'd expect from a wide-ish playful ski
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@mk28, I went for the Enforcer Free 104 for an all mountain ski as it is more biased towards freeride and a little better suited to powder. It sits in the middle of my ski range for when I will be doing a mix of off and on piste, carves pretty well, holds an edge but in the deep stuff the added rocker makes it much more playful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy