Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France returns to lockdown

Poster: A snowHead
@Jonny996, darn it, rumbled, I have of course master-minded this with my lizard friends.

Seriously though it is a pain for us since we had hoped to get out to France next week, November being a point when we reckoned we could manage the subsequent quarantine. Even if it is somewhat relaxed by December, it would impact our ability to host mother-in-law (in our support bubble) for Christmas.

@under a new name, I agree, it is difficult to see much change in 2 weeks. I am assuming from the news reports of cars leaving Paris that long distance travel will need an allowable justification. If it weren't for that (and the 1 km exercise restriction which is a real pain) we might have considered coming over, and then retreating to Switzerland for a few days before a transit across France home.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobinS wrote:
At least the paperwork for going out has a box for transit related to long distance journeys this time. Back in March we had to add that bit in! Does anyone know if they will accept forms on a phone? Just a bit of a pain trying to get stuff printed living in a campervan.
Guidance also says testing will be introduced at ports and airports, so we should be Ok coming from Spain. Or as JanetS suggested, a quiet border in the middle of the night and just don't stop!

Yes they accept forms on a phone.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@j b,
Quote:

Even if it is somewhat relaxed by December, it would impact our ability to host mother-in-law (in our support bubble) for Christmas.

And your problem is .....?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
@j b, titter. Sorry, no, there's a 2 week update though (although I think that'll be too soon as I don't expect that the last weeks curfew will have had any effect at all, not convinced this lockdown with schools running will have much effect either).

I think most virus will be transmitted through work. For example, Son in law has most of his work team off, either because they have tested positive or are a contact case.

As an aside, it seems like a normal day (for October) here in Morzine. Lots of traffic, with people going about their business. Builders merchant and Quincaillerie both open. Any shops that sell anything resembling food, plus a few resto’s selling take away.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RobinS, there's a downloadable something (I guess you could call it an app?) that generates a QR code that the Gendarmes can read. Obvs it makes it a bit tricker to spoof the 1 hour limit on wandering around but not an issue in your case.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@zzz, aren't most office workers going to be s̶k̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ working from home?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, we used to carry a couple of paper attestations and another on our phones depending on how long we knew we'd be out and where we might end up, the good thing about our valley location was that we could disappear away from the village either side up the mountain. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zzz wrote:
under a new name wrote:
@j b, titter. Sorry, no, there's a 2 week update though (although I think that'll be too soon as I don't expect that the last weeks curfew will have had any effect at all, not convinced this lockdown with schools running will have much effect either).

I think most virus will be transmitted through work. For example, Son in law has most of his work team off, either because they have tested positive or are a contact case.

As an aside, it seems like a normal day (for October) here in Morzine. Lots of traffic, with people going about their business. Builders merchant and Quincaillerie both open. Any shops that sell anything resembling food, plus a few resto’s selling take away.

Pretty busy in Grenoble. Lot's of (presumed) unrelated people having lunch/fags together in the sunshine. Many shops are open too, including the one which sells Christmas stocking tat next to Caserne de Bonne!

Our work has basically said that we can self declare to be essential, I reckon loads of people will.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:

This is France. It seems home working is not really done. Mrs zzz still working in the office even though working from home would be totally doable for her.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
zzz wrote:
under a new name wrote:

This is France. It seems home working is not really done. Mrs zzz still working in the office even though working from home would be totally doable for her.

I have no idea why, but my colleagues are also all desperate to come to work. I wonder if the French like keeping a stronger barrier between home life and work life? Actually for sure they do, probably why nobody from our department has been out for a single beer in the last two years of our time here! Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well having returned to work in May and had an email as recently as tuesday saying no home working allowed but today the office is closed, no access possible, we had the usual snotty email from Da Bosses "moan, moan, moan". For people who were away on holiday they will try and work out a way for people to pick up gear.

We're expecting an 10 to 12 week lockdown or semi lockdown. The gendarmerie have set up a road block on the road out of our town today.

it looks a bit like this

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 30-10-20 13:52; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@zzz, it was good to have communication with Mrs zzz a few weeks ago!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've just been for a little wander, exercise and fresh air. Pretty quiet here. Nearly all the Toussaint visitors, mostly ski clubs, have left. Didn't see the law about but they were pretty relaxed last time as long you didn't do anything silly.

What is it about lockdown, the weather is gorgeous here and should be for a few days.

I'm not sure I could face 12 weeks though. I'd have to look at alternatives.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:
Well having returned to work in May and had an email as recently as tuesday saying no home working allowed but today the office is closed, no access possible, we had the usual snotty email from Da Bosses "moan, moan, moan". For people who were away on holiday they will try and work out a way for people to pick up gear.

We're expecting an 10 to 12 week lockdown or semi lockdown. The gendarmerie have set up a road block on the road out of our town today.

it looks a bit like this

More like this downtown! Saw a guy pull a knife yesterday...

latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They are skinning up now snowHead
latest report
JamesHJ wrote:

Yeah well, I don't go into Grenoble (I assume that is where that is). Maybe it was a fruit knife to eat an apple?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 30-10-20 15:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
JamesHJ wrote:

Ski touring is banned wink Laughing
snow conditions
I think people's attitude to the confinement will be quite different this time. Big pre lockdown party across the road from me last night, ignoring the curfew because they stayed overnight.

Lots of talk about meeting in friends houses for drinks, dinner etc. The difference being, firstly, everyone is fed up with Covid restrictions, secondly, the 1km rule seems totally unfair when you live in the sticks, and thirdly, there is the advantage of long dark nights aiding the ability to move about covertly and close the curtains!
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:

I'm not sure I could face 12 weeks though. I'd have to look at alternatives.

We're thinking of going to Switzerland for holidays / wfh / civilization Happy

I'm just checking but I don't think the govt. has passed the lockdown legislation yet (maybe Monday) so it has not yet passed into law. Maybe a last weekend of freedom?
ski holidays
Mine would be Lyon or UK. I could have gone to Lyon now but it's not ideal and I'm happy to sit out 6 weeks or so.

UK looks a non starter now in light of speculation.
latest report
I've seen several people obviously going hiking since lockdown started. Tourists not locals. I heard the helicopter Saturday night and yesterday morning and assumed they were searching.

https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/faits-divers-justice/les-deux-alpes-un-touriste-meurt-pendant-une-randonnee-1604250910
snow report
Claude B wrote:
I've seen several people obviously going hiking since lockdown started. Tourists not locals. I heard the helicopter Saturday night and yesterday morning and assumed they were searching.

https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/faits-divers-justice/les-deux-alpes-un-touriste-meurt-pendant-une-randonnee-1604250910

I can see why the rescue services took their time to find him, they are searching over by Chamrousse - he'd have to be an amazing hiker to get that far.

Just come back from the florists to order flowers for our dead neighbour. The florist has never had it so good, same for the funeral services, there are 67 old people with Covid in the local old people's home. She may run out of flowers by mid November !
They are thinking of storing bodies in the Grenoble ice rink or maybe using the meat market freezers as the crematorium has a 10 day backlog.
ski holidays
I’m still working, fitting a kitchen in an empty chalet for a client
snow report
KenX wrote:
I’m still working, fitting a kitchen in an empty chalet for a client

dont hesitate to stock up on work for this winter to keep yourself busy
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
Claude B wrote:

I can see why the rescue services took their time to find him, they are searching over by Chamrousse - he'd have to be an amazing hiker to get that far.

He fell from here
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
.Just come back from the florists to order flowers for our dead neighbour. The florist has never had it so good, same for the funeral services, there are 67 old people with Covid in the local old people's home. She may run out of flowers by mid November !
They are thinking of storing bodies in the Grenoble ice rink or maybe using the meat market freezers as the crematorium has a 10 day backlog.

Sad
ski holidays
We are still in Spain in the campervan, in the Valencia region which is not in lockdown, but as this could change am trying to plan how to get home. The ban on travel between regions in Spain can be overcome as long as we can show a ferry booking and address in the UK. For France we can show the ferry booking, but the attestation no longer has a box for transit on long journeys, that was on the 16th October version, but not the current one - anyone any idea what box to tick? In March we just wrote an extra line in, but didn't get stopped to test it!
Assume we still have to do the online forms for re-entry into the UK as well.
ski holidays
RobinS wrote:
We are still in Spain in the campervan, in the Valencia region which is not in lockdown, but as this could change am trying to plan how to get home. The ban on travel between regions in Spain can be overcome as long as we can show a ferry booking and address in the UK. For France we can show the ferry booking, but the attestation no longer has a box for transit on long journeys, that was on the 16th October version, but not the current one - anyone any idea what box to tick? In March we just wrote an extra line in, but didn't get stopped to test it!
Assume we still have to do the online forms for re-entry into the UK as well.

You are allowed to transit France.

This form should do you: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/124641/998293/file/16-10-2020-attestation-de-deplacement-derogatoire-anglais.docx

which is the one you refer to in your post.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@davidof, That's the one I had that allows transit, dated 16thOct. Is it still valid as the new versions dated 29th October don't have the transit option?
ski holidays
RobinS wrote:
@davidof, That's the one I had that allows transit, dated 16thOct. Is it still valid as the new versions dated 29th October don't have the transit option?

It is referred to from the foreign ministry website as the one to use but it is true that it is no longer on the interior ministry page.
latest report
@davidof, Think we'll use that one, and if we are stopped and they query it just shrug our shoulders
latest report
RobinS wrote:
@davidof, Think we'll use that one, and if we are stopped and they query it just shrug our shoulders

The idea of the attestations was to make people think before they go out rather than being something too overbearing (unlike my photo above).
snow report
@RobinS, You need to do an attestation before entering France also that you have no Covid symptoms.

The UK online form needs to be done up to 48 hours before your ferry/tunnel back
latest report
@Claude B, Didn't know about the one about not having symptoms, will look for that!
We'll have to do the UK one en route, as it'll take us two days to Calais from here.
snow conditions
The bottom of this form has the Covid symptoms document and it also has the "transit" option (line 1 I think), so I would just download this and fill in both sections and you should be golden.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/124251/995540/file/21-09-2020-attestation-de-deplacement-vers-la-france-metropolitaine.pdf

and it is from this page

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage

which is still live.

Hope that helps.

They will be restricting access to supermarkets from tomorrow so if you don't want to queue up you should buy enough food in Spain before you leave. You may find take-outs en route in France but not much is open now.
ski holidays
@davidof, Thanks for that. We don't plan to go home for another three weeks, but if Valencia locks down we may go at short notice. We can easily carry all the food and drink we need, will just need a couple of fuel stops on the way, and in the circumstances just pay the autoroute premium price!
ski holidays
RobinS wrote:
@davidof, Thanks for that. We don't plan to go home for another three weeks, but if Valencia locks down we may go at short notice. We can easily carry all the food and drink we need, will just need a couple of fuel stops on the way, and in the circumstances just pay the autoroute premium price!

no reason you shouldn't be able to get fuel in town.

Just an update: If anyone has a carte pro (ski instructor, mountain leader etc) they are not covered by the 1 hour / 1km rule.
snow report
@davidof, I've just forwarded that on to a guide as like most they're not very good at knowing what's going on in the wider world Laughing
snow conditions
@Weathercam, here is a link to the form: https://sports.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/attestation_de_deplacement_de_rogatoire_ministere_charge_des_sportspdf.pdf

second option for pros. The ministry of sports has asked guides and ski instructors to take extreme care in their activities but they should be good for skiing the meadows above your house Happy
latest report
@davidof, thanks, be interesting to see if he's aware of it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy