Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Auris & Villard Reculas 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
Another winter season nearly upon us.

When the resort opens is anyone's guess. The CE email from the latest resort meeting has no definite start date. Main issue is that Grenoble hospitals won't be able to cope with skiers on top of Covid patients.

Fingers crossed situation gets better.

New/refurbished lifts still planned for near future - Marmottes 1 becoming a telemixte with the current chairs going to the Chalvet replacement.
Village lift from Huez village should be replaced for next winter.
Allemond lift to Oz all ready for the winter.
Auris has new accommodation being built.

SATA has a new head honcho.

Ongoing conversations regarding lift up from Bourg to Huez.

Tomorrowland cancelled.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Winter scheduled opening remains the 5th of December but concerns now regarding lack of snow cover along with potential Covid restrictions.
Should find out more next week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some news from the mairie, tourist office and ski lift company regarding this winter.

Ready to go on the 5th but more likely upto the 20th of December.

Talks about making the resorts of ADH and L2A greener so the liaisons from Bourg to ADH and ADH to L2A are projects.

Reservations looking at -15% to -20% for ADH and -25% to -30% for L2A.

Quite long at 27mins but good for learning French.....I think!

http://youtube.com/v/eMBtHXAGMh4
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the update. We have a holiday booked for 19th December. Obviously looking very unlikely.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Second thanks for the update - keep them coming. When you say 'making the resorts greener so the liaisons are projects' - does this mean they are more likely to happen because there will be less cars ... or less likely because all that infrastructure just isn't green? I'd be interested what others think Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
For Bourg more likely as less cars travelling to resort. It's the first time since I moved here that a lift to Bourg has been openly discussed by the ski lift company and the two mairies. Before ADH wasn't that up for it but seems to be changing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some background to this long running project

http://pistehors.com/N7AR8WwByuHDGsGAHHHX/public-inquiry-slams-half-baked-oisans-cable-car-link

http://pistehors.com/IbA9I2wByuHDGsGAknEh/major-setback-for-lalpe-dhuez-expansion

http://pistehors.com/s6lZW2oB3RXOTam_50ea/alpe-dhuez---les-deux-alpes-cable-car-project

I think the ski area is probably a bit stuck in another era with these projects.

If you look around in the summer you can find the remains of the old Bourg d'Oisans / Alpe d'Huez cable car, the resort may do better on the "green" front if it cleared up the mountain trash when it was redundant

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davidof, are your three links just for the L2A link or the Bourg lift also?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpinebear wrote:
@davidof, are your three links just for the L2A link or the Bourg lift also?

No not the Bourg lift. Another idea people have talked about for ages but with the Allemond link I can't really see the need for it in the short term, and in the long term there will be less snow and less skiers.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof wrote:

If you look around in the summer you can find the remains of the old Bourg d'Oisans / Alpe d'Huez cable car, the resort may do better on the "green" front if it cleared up the mountain trash when it was redundant

I think, strictly speaking, it was not a cable car but a way of transporting coal from the Mine de Herpie down to Boug d'Oisans ? One of the pylons, on the ADH side of the Sarenne, is still pretty well intact, or was. Not sure when it was actually used until.

Although I agree with you about the removal of old ski lift gear, leaving old foundations complete with bolts sticking up etc. I think in this case SATA is not guilty Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skitow wrote:

I think, strictly speaking, it was not a cable car but a way of transporting coal from the Mine de Herpie down to Boug d'Oisans ? One of the pylons, on the ADH side of the Sarenne, is still pretty well intact, or was. Not sure when it was actually used until.

Although I agree with you about the removal of old ski lift gear, leaving old foundations complete with bolts sticking up etc. I think in this case SATA is not guilty Laughing

Not SATA but the local community.

Yes it was used for coal transport.

The problem with l'Alpe d'Huez is they have a poor track record on green issues so a project like a cableway from Bourg d'Oisans to the resort, while on paper an interesting idea, is treated with suspicion. The Grenoble courts view ADH with a very poor eye and the environmental groups are very active too. There is even local opposition to the various projects as some locals think they'll be landed with the bill. The SATA say they are going to invest 300 million in the three ski areas they run over the next 30 years but this is predicated on a 30% increase in skier numbers - again coming up with fantasy island figures makes people look very closely at the whole project as happened with the Scot.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@davidof, Fair comments, especially regarding locals being landed with the bill. Property taxes in ADH are already at least double those in any other equivalent resort. I have never really gone along with the cold beds theory though, admittedly just based on my own observations.
On a "technical" question, I believe all the wastewater from ADH and most other surrounding resorts and villages, including LDA (?) is treated in Bourg d'Oisans ? (Unfortunately, as a civil engineer, I notice these things rolling eyes)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
New boss of SATA so maybe changes for the good.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Read this on ADH FB earlier(Google translated)

[PRESS RELEASE] Many of you have given us your support in these difficult times over the past few days. We sincerely want to thank you.

The words of the President of the Republic must still be specified "in the next ten days". However, the prospect of a quick opening in December seems to be receding.

As soon as the Government has clarified, we can get back to you regarding the possibility or not of opening in December, and the outlook from January.

Until then, Alpe d'Huez is committed to your side with 4 clear objectives: prepare and maintain our ski area in working order until the opening, prepare the offer of non-ski activities, guarantee an accommodation offer that can be mobilized as soon as the resort opens, and finally guarantee irreproachable health security, which is essential for our opening.

It will still be possible to come and spend your Christmas holidays in the mountains, unfortunately without being able to ski, but it will be possible to enjoy the great outdoors and the pure mountain air. The resort is ready to welcome you, the shops will be open, and restaurant owners are mobilizing to deliver good hot meals to your home.

Finally, Alpe d'Huez expresses its full support to all the players in the resort affected since March 2020. They are traders, restaurateurs, bartenders, accommodation providers, ski instructors, seasonal workers ... the list is long but we will accompany them alongside the State, over time, to help them get through this difficult stage.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Open for mountain biking. With the temperature inversion it is quite pleasant at altitude at the moment.

latest report
Snowing in Bourg as I type.

Demonstration at the south roundabout (the one before the road to ADH) at 11am tomorrow.
Friends with SATA have been put on chaumage partielle from Monday. Probably same for me.

Noticed they have changed the village piste just before Huez. Also ground works continue for the replacement lift due next year.
snow conditions
Alpinebear wrote:

Friends with SATA have been put on chaumage partielle from Monday. Probably same for me.

chômage

They've pisted some cross country trails at altitude for a course this week

latest report
Barriers being put up at the roundabout for the demonstration. Interested in what the numbers will be.

Not ideal timing as schools finish at 11.30 on a Wednesday.
latest report
and lifts open today in l'alpe d'Huez

ski holidays
Good turnout

Maybe around 1000. Everyone now in centre of Bourg.
snow report
Alpinebear wrote:
Good turnout

Maybe around 1000. Everyone now in centre of Bourg.

Any rioting? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Snowing in Bourg.

Up to resort this weekend for kids ski club consisting of luge and ski de fond.

Roll on the 7th hopefully.
snow report
Lovely conditions today. If only....

Maybe around 40cm fell yesterday.

Compared to yesterday

ski holidays
Kids first ski with the ski club. Only the signal open but nice to see it turning.

Lovely sunny afternoon for them to enjoy. Would love to be skiing with them.

snow report
Suns out after a pretty decent snowfall over the last couple of days. Resort busier this week, such a shame no lifts turning.

Bourg this morning

Signal
ski holidays
Plus also hearing that if there are no lifts turning by the 20th then chances are ADH and L2A won't open for the season....
snow report
Snowed most of the day, even down in Bourg.

Hogmanay finished at 8 chez nous.....respecting the rules hope everyone else is.

Happy new year everyone
snow report
Been snowing on and off for the last 3 days now. Conditions must be great up in resort.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Week ahead

Tomorrow afternoon the management have a meeting with the prefecture to discuss all the protocols in place.

Thursday 7th meeting with the prime minister to find out yes(when) or no regarding opening of the lifts.
snow report
Today would have been one of these great days skiing if you were on holiday.
-7, loads of fresh snow and blue sky.

Heartbreaking for the ski resorts and skiers as it's shaping up to be a great season snow wise.

snow report
Another weekend and another fresh dump and blue skies.

snow report
and alas looks like resort is closing after the February holidays.

Hopefully never again a season(if you can call it that) like this one.

Things can only get better!
snow report
@Alpinebear, Sent you a PM.
snow report
Email came this morning from SATA, lift company, offering season pass refund, credit or re-issue next season. Sad final end to the (non) season.......

Chers clientes, chers clients,

On le sait désormais, cette saison est définitivement très particulière.

Malgré tous les efforts mis en œuvre par la SATA pour vous garantir des journées de ski en toute sécurité sanitaire, les remontées mécaniques de l’Alpe d’Huez n’ont pas eu l’autorisation d’ouvrir.

Vous avez été nombreux à venir profiter du domaine et de ses activités. Parfois à faire vos premières traces en ski de randonnée ou en ski de fond.
Vous avez su apprécier différemment l’Alpe d’Huez et cela nous a fait chaud au cœur de voir la station vivre au rythme de vos visites.

Vous avez un forfait hiver valable pour la saison 2020-2021

Nous vous proposons de le reporter sur la saison 2021-2022
Cette formule vous libère de toute contrainte d’achat pour la prochaine saison.
Votre forfait ne subit pas l’augmentation tarifaire.
Elle ne convient cependant pas à ceux qui changeront de catégorie d’âge.
Toutes les précisions avant de faire votre choix en cliquant sur En savoir+

Vous avez jusqu’au LUNDI 12 AVRIL pour valider ce choix.

REMPLIR LE FORMULAIRE REPORT

Vous avez un forfait hiver valable pour la saison 2020-2021 et vous ne pouvez pas le reporter sur la saison 2021-2022

Vous pouvez demander un avoir ou un remboursement.
Toutes les précisions avant de faire votre choix en cliquant sur En savoir+

Vous avez jusqu’au LUNDI 12 AVRIL pour valider ce choix.

REMPLIR LE FORMULAIRE AVOIR ou REMBOURSEMENT

Au plaisir de vous retrouver ce Printemps pour continuer à profiter pleinement de l’Alpe d’Huez

Et dans l’attente de la confirmation de votre choix, prenez soin de vous et vos proches.

Cordialement

Service Client SATA
Adresse mail : sav@sataski.com
SATA - Alpe d’Huez Domaine Skiable - 131, rue du Pic Blanc – BP54- 38750 Alpe d’Huez
ski holidays
@skitow, got the same over here today too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy