Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Scotland for the first time.

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
are you 100% sure about this news on NR closing?

^ Nevis Range staff on furlough for Dec / Jan. It's on Facebook.
They hope to open in Feb. Probably makes sense as west coast often doesn't getting going till spring.
Bad news for Glencoe - if we get snow it could be busy.

https://www.facebook.com/NevisRange/posts/10158905559426796

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 13-11-20 16:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brianatab wrote:

Assuming of course, that wee Mrs Krankie lets us in....... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You do realise its Boris stopping you from travel? Very Happy

F--k off with your wee Jimmy Krankie pish.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Quote:
are you 100% sure about this news on NR closing?

^ Nevis Range staff on furlough for Dec / Jan. It's on Facebook.
They hope to open in Feb. Probably makes sense as west coast often doesn't getting going till spring.

Bad news for Glencoe - if we get snow it got be busy.

Thanks, that makes a bit more sense - so the business has not gone under, they are just using the Govt furlough scheme to pay the staff until they can open............sensible as NR has a lot more permanent staff than Shee and Coe.

Ta

eta, businesses announcing things like this on Facebook annoys me - its a dying platform and they have said bug all on their web and twitter feeds.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They announced it on their Facebook
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GreenDay wrote:
@haggishunter, are you 100% sure about this news on NR closing?

I have seen nothing anywhere since you reported it yesterday - I would have expected something, even a random comment on twitter, newsfeeds etc but cant see anything.

On their own website here . Not necessarily all season but looks like December and January with hope for the rest of the season subject to Covid restrictions.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
brianatab wrote:

Assuming of course, that wee Mrs Krankie lets us in....... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You do realise its Boris stopping you from travel? Very Happy

F--k off with your wee Jimmy Krankie pish.

Sense of humour failure? Puzzled

You must surely recognise that she's the double of WJK? Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Naw. I agree with the above.
Away and Be Nice please! off.
If anyone should bear that comparison its Rooth the mooth, and I'm sure Mrs Krankie is appaled at that suggestion.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 13-11-20 23:18; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bergmeister wrote:

Sense of humour failure? Puzzled

Original humour? Or just ignorant and unnecessary...
Don't be offended such patronising comment got reply it merited Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm struggling to see what's ignorant about someone commenting that a politician looks like a comedian. Puzzled

And I'm certainly not offended - just surprised.... Must be my misplaced English humour rolling eyes

And Rooth the Mooth looks nowt like wee Jimmy K.

Anyway. It's great that your lads qualified for the Euros last night. Great game and the right result in the end, despite doing it the hard way. And the good news is I've got a ticket for the match v the Czech republic at Hampden (if we are allowed in. Here's hoping...)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
I'm struggling to see what's ignorant about someone commenting that a politician looks like a comedian
Put quite simply, it's because absolutely everything has to offend someone these days. rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quite simply, its because most of us up here are quite proud of our first minister, and tired of this patronising, unfunny crap.
Maybe if there was at least one minister her equal in that dumpster fire you call a parliament we wouldn't be in the mess we are at the moment.
Be sure to repeat your humour loudly in the lines up here this winter, it'll go down really well.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
I'm struggling to see what's ignorant about someone commenting that a politician looks like a comedian
Put quite simply, it's because absolutely everything has to offend someone these days. rolling eyes

Maybe Scots are slightly tired of casual "porridge and skirts racism"? Similar patronising remarks found in every topic with Scotland in title. Don't be offended when it's called out.

Of course the primary point of original post was to point out the irony that it is Boris currently implenting guidance preventing travel to Scotland.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bergmeister wrote:

Anyway. It's great that your lads qualified for the Euros last night. Great game and the right result in the end, despite doing it the hard way. And the good news is I've got a ticket for the match v the Czech republic at Hampden (if we are allowed in. Here's hoping...)

Thanks.... Also have a ticket for the match which I purchased in UEFA ballot. Will be taking my six year old who was almost as excited as I was by the penalty shoot out.

Hopefully the Euros (and Scottish ski season) both go ahead.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:

Thanks.... Also have a ticket for the match which I purchased in UEFA ballot. Will be taking my six year old who was almost as excited as I was by the penalty shoot out.

Hopefully the Euros (and Scottish ski season) both go ahead.

We also got our tickets in the UEFA ballot, as well as tickets for Germany v Hungary at the Allianz in Munich Very Happy

Like you, I'm (desperately) hoping that we are allowed in by then... I think the Euros will go ahead but possibly behind closed doors Sad .
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
Germany v Hungary at the Allianz in Munich

Great tie in brilliant city.

Rumours of moving entire tournament to Russia in French press. Which we would be sad for the fans.
Tartan army not been to tournament for 22 years - to reach final stages hosted at Hampden particularly special...

If it needs to be behind closed doors then I guess Russia visa restrictions would stop anyone travelling.
snow conditions
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Quote:

Rumours of moving entire tournament to Russia in French press. Which we would be sad for the fans.
Tartan army not been to tournament for 22 years - to reach final stages hosted at Hampden particularly special...

If it needs to be behind closed doors then I guess Russia visa restrictions would stop anyone travelling.

Would be brutal for our group - we have just booked the hotel for the Wembley trip next June.

It seems bizarre that the last trip we went on was to France 22 years ago - I suspect this one will be a wee bit more sedate................
ski holidays
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Quote:

Tartan army not been to tournament for 22 years - to reac

I guess Russia visa restrictions would stop anyone travelling.

I really hope it doesn't come to that - but, if it does, the Russians may reintroduce a Fan ID in place of a visa, like they did for the 2018 world cup. That worked well.

But having been to that tournament I wouldn't necessarily go back there for the Euros. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a trip, however, to anyone who hasn't been there. We had an absolutely fantastic time in both St Petersburg and Moscow.
ski holidays
Back to skiing in Scotland this season: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/15/will-scotland-become-the-new-ski-destination
snow conditions
I'm happy to put my cock on the block and say 99% of English skiers will go to Scotland and never return, stating they've wasted their money and annual holidays, Its not fit for purpose etc.
However thats not my view. Id happily drive the 7hrs on a Friday afternoon to ski/tour Saturday and Sunday then drive home the 7hrs on a Sunday evening. Scotlands for skiers not holiday makers
latest report
I’m hoping to get up there sometime this season. Enjoyed the Lecht and Cairngorm too long ago. Have been thinking of Glen Coe or Glenshee.
ski holidays
@Mother hucker, I agree. It takes a certain kind of masochist to be a Scottish afficianado (the odd bluebird days - and resultant queues - excepted).
I remember several white-out, cloud-out, bitter wind, high wind, low temp days in Austria, Andorra, Italy and Finland: slopes deserted bar a few die-hards, mostly Brits. "It's just like a normal Cairngorm day, isn't it?", we all smiled stoically through ice-encrusted buffs Madeye-Smiley
latest report
re Scottish conditions

Was in a bit of a whiteout sharing a chair with an ESF instructor one year.

Ah - you are Scottish he says.

I thought maybe he had seen the Nevisport sticker on my skis - but no they were covered in snow.

How did you know that i said?

You are all crazeee - you ski in any weather and think it is nothing.
snow report
ropetow wrote:
re Scottish conditions

I thought maybe he had seen the Nevisport sticker on my skis - but no they were covered in snow.

You sure he didn't see the bottle of bucky sticking out of your bag?
snow report
you are not wrong, we Scots consider jedi level skills to be basic requirement for skiing on our hills.

I had the pleasure of skiing with my wife on the last day of the 2020 season in zillertal this year, it was a total white out / blowing a hoolie and most of the huttes had already shut following the news of the national lockdown. We skied down to an umbrella bar and stuck our head in the door, the girl sitting reading a book behind the bar looked at us like we were mad!

as we had a Gluwien to warm up she asked us did we not know everything was closing down and did we not fancy a nice easy day enjoying the hotel spa. My wife's response was simple...

Are the lifts turning? - yes
Is there snow on the ground? - yes

Then we ski, we are Scottish, the weather Doesn't affect us!

we lapped the chair and runs beside that hutte all afternoon, popping in to make sure the barmaid wasn't too lonely. Given it was the last day we were very well looked after haha!Smile
snow conditions
@enduroaid, well done, that's the right snowHeids attitude! wink
ski holidays
ropetow wrote:
re Scottish conditions

The worst weather that I have skied in has all been on the continent. Why would I travel the 50 miles to Glenshee if it is raining, or it's a whiteout with zero visibility? You see the same on the continent the vast majority of the locals disappear when the weather takes a turn for the worse.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy