Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cairngorm Funicular to be Repaired

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Worrying that the document mentions winter 21/22, is there any guarantee that the charade will finish and skiing access to the summit will be available in season 22/23
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ll save you the bother of worrying. No.
Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It sounds as if the more work that is done, the more problems are found and that there isn’t at this point a final design solution to all the issues with the Funicular viaduct. From the extremely heavily redacted document and what was said at the Aviemore and Glenmore Community Trust AGM last month, it seems a decision on proceeding with the required renewal of the funicular safety and control system will only be taken once the viaduct strengthening works are signed off.

The chances of it running next season are slim and slim is preparing to leave the building! rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glencoe putting their chairs on the cable today. Cool

https://www.facebook.com/111429118884878/posts/5835911816436551/?d=n

It may be the case that the new plateau chair is the 17th and last snowsports chairlift in Scotland ? If it meets demand on the busy days I carnt see the Cliffy needing to be replaced now.

The new Plateau triple is great news for Scottish skiing fans and comes as a particular high point in a long spell of positive projects there. Cool

Perhaps the only significant improvement remaining on the hill is the extension of the plateau cafe which might increase revenue on busy days ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter S wrote:
Glencoe putting their chairs on the cable today. Cool

https://www.facebook.com/111429118884878/posts/5835911816436551/?d=n

It may be the case that the new plateau chair is the 17th and last snowsports chairlift in Scotland ? If it meets demand on the busy days I carnt see the Cliffy needing to be replaced now.

I'm not certain, but hasn't Glenshee got plans for a new chairlift?

Peter S wrote:

The new Plateau triple is great news for Scottish skiing fans and comes as a particular high point in a long spell of positive projects there. Cool

Agreed, the new base station cafe to replace the old one burnt down in the unfortunate fire is a good addition.

If only the powers that be running Cairngorm had half the wisdom and competence of those running Glencoe and the other Scottish ski areas then the ongoing fiasco at Cairngorm would be very different.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Permission to replace the cairnwell tbar with a 4 person chair will probably have expired several years ago. I suspect the money and any grant support for that was diverted into their new snow factory. I also wonder whether there would be demand these days for more uplift capacity at Glenshee?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter S wrote:

Perhaps the only significant improvement remaining on the hill is the extension of the plateau cafe which might increase revenue on busy days ?

That is why they built the road Wink
Longer term plan was to use the road to help build the new chairlift and a cafe.
Building a road cost them same as getting in a heli to construct the chairlift.

Apparently new cafe will eventually be located at top of the new Rannoch Chair
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter S wrote:
I also wonder whether there would be demand these days for more uplift capacity at Glenshee?

That depends : If they get snow there is huge demand for skiing at Glenshee.
While they don't get a long season they can attract 20K punters a day when all the lifts out to Glas Maol are spinning.

Just a shame their last decent winter (2021) was under complete covid lockdown.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wee video on the Glencoe Facebook!

https://fb.watch/dHiZoFPwCN/

snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Haggis_Trap,
Quote:

Apparently new cafe will eventually be located at top of the new Rannoch Chair

That’s an interesting idea. It would move the cafe up the hill another 300 feet to 2600’. It would centre skiers in an area with more options, more reliable snow, and better views as well as increase demand to use the new chair. Clever. Very Happy

When it’s too windy to run the chair it will be a bit further to walk for sledgers but skiers can get close via the Poma or by skiing down from the wall tbar.

I wonder if the idea is to use the new space created underneath the chairlift get-off ramp?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@haggishunter, excellent! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy