Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA Avios Sale - 50% off long haul, 25% off short haul

Poster: A snowHead
Just thought i'd mention this in case anybody wants to book refundable (minus £35 fee) flights to somewhere for this coming winter.

50% discount on the Avios component for all classes on long haul is a pretty good deal, especially for business and first class. Unfortunately still have to pay the full whack for taxes and surcharges.

I've made a speculative booking for Vancouver for early March.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/offers/reward-flight-offer

Useful commentary:

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/10/06/half-price-avios-flights/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ordinarily I'd have been saying "great" but right now given can only book 12 months out can only offer a big shrug. Sad what it's done to our hope and probably why airlines are FUBARed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There may be merit in booking a flight that you fully expect won't be operating (e.g. Denver in Dec) and taking the "roll your flight a year" option when they cancel it... If you go this route, bear in mind Avios flights can only be rolled 12months from original ticketing date, not from flight date.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowdave wrote:
There may be merit in booking a flight that you fully expect won't be operating (e.g. Denver in Dec) and taking the "roll your flight a year" option when they cancel it... If you go this route, bear in mind Avios flights can only be rolled 12months from original ticketing date, not from flight date.
I think if you re-ticket an Avios booking (at the moment) you can force open seats on flights which no longer have reward availability, which might be helpful on popular routes.

The 12 months from ticketing date rather than flight date caught me out this summer. I'd hoped to switch my Avios booking to a new date, forcing open a couple of seats on a flight to Orlando (always difficult to get hold of), but I misunderstood the 12 months from date of ticketing part of the rules.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I cancelled my vancouver flights got the voucher and rebooked same flights. Saved 65,000 avois points.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm hoping to be going to Vancouver in February, and it's so tempting, this deal means I have enough points for Business one way, Premium economy the other, but I just don't fancy going for it until we know more about what's going to happen with travel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@swskier, ive just booked lhr - van , jan - April , blew all the avois I had on first class return as who knows what will happen to rewards schemes next year , the consensus is that without a vaccine the borders will stay closed to all but close and extended family this winter , and quarantine for two weeks is the killer for normal holidays , that's why were going for 3 months as only way to make it worth it
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dabber wrote:
@swskier, ive just booked lhr - van , jan - April , blew all the avois I had on first class return as who knows what will happen to rewards schemes next year , the consensus is that without a vaccine the borders will stay closed to all but close and extended family this winter , and quarantine for two weeks is the killer for normal holidays , that's why were going for 3 months as only way to make it worth it
That sounds like a very fine plan!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@swskier, There's not much risk, just the £35 fee if you choose to cancel and get a refund. Or change the date for free.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
musehead wrote:
@swskier, There's not much risk, just the £35 fee if you choose to cancel and get a refund. Or change the date for free.

I've already re-booked Avios flights "like for like" for free. Still got an e-voucher to play with on top. BA have some half decent ski holiday deals off-peak that are quite tempting!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dabber wrote:

That’s what I call a ski trip!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the sale is typical bad timing for me. Waiting for my Amex BA 2:1 voucher to post.
I was tempted to just blow my avios on 100+ bottles of wine, since I think it may be a case use of use them or lose them... but with the 2:1 voucher that would have worked out using 20 points to a penny!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
musehead wrote:

True, will have a think, probably worth while taking the punt. Only have the points as they were returned from our flight to Rio de Janeiro scheduled for tomorrow...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Head for Points reporting that the deal between BA and Tesco is to come to an end shortly, so no more conversion of Tesco Clubcard points to Avios.

Wonder if any of the other supermarkets will sign a new deal with BA? I switched from Sainsbury to Tesco to follow BA points earning opportunities, perhaps Sainsbury will do some sort of deal between BA and Nectar points?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cheers
ski holidays
@rob@rar, that's been in the rumour mill for a while since they stopped the Iberia to Tesco transfer.

A good one to look out for is the BA partner shop. For my hotels I use hotels.com but link via topcashback or BA. If you are not interested in hotels.com free nights then you will get 12 points/£

Other deals give similar points. Read the small print though. Eg Some shops' small print says not for food or for Apple products.
snow report
@GlasgowCyclops, BA Amex for me
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@rob@rar, that's been in the rumour mill for a while since they stopped the Iberia to Tesco transfer.

A good one to look out for is the BA partner shop. For my hotels I use hotels.com but link via topcashback or BA. If you are not interested in hotels.com free nights then you will get 12 points/£

Other deals give similar points. Read the small print though. Eg Some shops' small print says not for food or for Apple products.
The BA Exec Club e-shop often gives good rates (including on things like the Apple Store) so worth checking that if you have a big purchase coming up.
latest report
@rob@rar, you should have received an email
Our partnership with Tesco Clubcard will be ending on 18 January 2021. After this date you will no longer be able to convert Clubcard points into Avios.

Your membership with the British Airways Executive Club remains unaffected by this change. All Avios converted from Tesco Clubcard will remain in your British Airways Executive Club account and will remain active, according to the Executive Club Terms and Conditions.

If your Clubcard points are currently automatically converted into Avios, then this will continue up to your cut-off date for the November Clubcard statement, which will be 22 October 2020. After the cut-off date for your November statement, from 23 October up to and including 18 January 2021, you can continue to convert your points manually online via the Tesco website.
snow conditions
radar wrote:
@rob@rar, you should have received an email
Received it a minute ago.

Wonder why the agreement came to an end? Tesco not buying enough points, so BA pulled the plug and will replace the scheme with another supermarket; or Tesco pulled the plug as it's too expensive for them to buy points and offer this benefit to the Clubcard members?
ski holidays
I just got the email too. Shame that, it was very useful. (Although less so for me now living in Switzerland...)
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Head for Points reporting that the deal between BA and Tesco is to come to an end shortly, so no more conversion of Tesco Clubcard points to Avios.

Wonder if any of the other supermarkets will sign a new deal with BA? I switched from Sainsbury to Tesco to follow BA points earning opportunities, perhaps Sainsbury will do some sort of deal between BA and Nectar points?

Maybe morrisons?
I struggle to see it being sainsburys because of Nectar & there being a Nectar Amex card, as well as a sainsburys Mastercard.
Dont think Morrisons have any such CC tie ups?

you can still convert to virgin atlantic?
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
Maybe morrisons?
I struggle to see it being sainsburys because of Nectar & there being a Nectar Amex card, as well as a sainsburys Mastercard.
Dont think Morrisons have any such CC tie ups?

you can still convert to virgin atlantic?
I'd be surprised if it's Morrisons, they don't have the size of the market that some of the others do.

Yes, Tesco Clubcard will still be convertible to Virgin miles.
latest report
rayscoops wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, BA Amex for me

Me too, plus I use the BA shopping site. I do all my work travel expenses through it, and try and use IHG hotels (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Indigo etc.) as I collect their points to and their rewards stays are good. In fact if you book IHG through the BA shopping site you effectively get double bubble - bonus Avios plus the IHG points - it still amazes me that it works!

We've had so many benefits out of them both it is well worth the AMEX annual fee.

As for the original title though - we still have one voucher to use from first class reward flight to Barbados cancelled in September, so not really sure I want to add another one into the complexities right now, sadly!
latest report
@dunc999, I recently spent 6 months in Qatar staying in a Crowne Plaza paying with my BA Amex ... needless to say I clocked up lots of BA points and lots of IHG points and nights Very Happy
snow report
@rayscoops, ooohh I've now got points envy. Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy