Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
@ster,

Only 10C?

It was 8C in Val d'isere an hour an a half ago.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dave Ryding Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Falling like flies at the moment. Shame for Dave.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ryding would have had a better draw at No 16 because they repair the piste after No 15.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BBC commentator said at the start that he could have had bib 8. I guess this implies he had a choice and chose 14. Looking at his last split he could have been in 2nd place had he maintained the gap and finished the run. Shame for him Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@halfhand,

He should have chosen No 8 because he had 5 more skiers rutting the course up at No 14
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Italian No 26 is chewing up the course having missed gates near the top. Poor Sportsmanship!!!

He should be fined!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@welshflyer, I wondered about that. Yesterday, during the women's race, the commentator said that if a skier skied out they had to stay off the racing line to get to the bottom or risk fines and other sanctions.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh noooooo !!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@halfhand, the question is did he ski out, he may have made a mistake costing him a realistic chance at the podium, but did not technically ski out. The commentators were saying he may not have climbed high enough for the red gate.

It’s must clearer in GS, DH, SG where you ski past the gate
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@welshflyer@halfhand, l imagine he'll say he didn't know he’d missed it.

Will be interesting to see what the course is like by the time we get to bib 100.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@extremerob, OK thanks Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shame. he was doing well
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I dont remember so many dnfs at a worlds
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
omg. LT just gave me kittens
ski holidays
Shcwarz and Pinturualt have very good chances of medaling from 7th and 8th with the top 15 start for run 2 - they will scrape the course if I am not mistaking before Schwarz putting them in a good position to strike from.
latest report
Laurie Taylor was going brilliantly, heartbreaking to get so close then fail to finish! Sad
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Laurie Taylor was going brilliantly, heartbreaking to get so close then fail to finish! Sad

Nearly spilt my cappuccino......
snow conditions
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

Nearly spilt my cappuccino......

He was flying.
ski holidays
Oh Laurie.... Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
Just been waching his YOutube vids - lots fo talks about transferring dry slope skills - the were saying that dry slopes are not steep so they are good at finding speed on the flat.
Cortina has been quite a flat course which might be why they did so well - up to a point.....
latest report
Any chance of changing the commentary? My bingo card is worn out!

Alternating red and blue control gates, a little late in the line, wrapping the ski poles around the body, brother of Mario, He's not Swiss - He's Scottish!, Ramon Zehnhausen IS very tall..... etc.

And then the '... this is scrappy skiing.... but the green light is on!' and vice-versa.

It would be nice to have someone involved who knows the skiers and the courses/conditions for a bit of insight, rather than trotting out the same old cliches every time.
ski holidays
@Klamm Franzer, you forgot my favourite - "over aroused"
latest report
I have switched to watching the BBC coverage -- Eurosport commentators have started to annoy...
ski holidays
Lots to learn for the Olympics - Lots of DnFs in all races. Start time a huge factor in the final placings.

Be good if they build the new, talked about Staunies lift - be amazing to see a slalom down there.....
ski holidays
I always turn the Eurosport commentators off, sound down - can’t listen to them.....scfe’s...so called f.... experts, trawling cliche after cliche out.
ski holidays
Eurosport comm? Can't worse than Frank Worndl and his co-comm, never stop giggling.
snow report
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Start time a huge factor in the final placings.

For many that was the case although some clearly proved they deserved a medal

e.g. to name a few ….

Katharina Liensberger Slalom Gold : Both runs first.

Sebastian Foss-Solevaag. Slalom Gold: Run 1 = Third, Run 2 = First
Adrian Pertl Slalom Silver : Run 1 = First, Run 2 = Third
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wonder if Nick Fellowes mentions Marlies Schild in everyday conversation as much as he does in commentary.
snow report
After an action packed two weeks of skiing, well more like ten given the weather at the start, the WSC in Cortina draws to a close - there have been a some big upsets in some races and the chance for some new blood to show, Sebastien Floss-Solevaag, Kathatrina Lienberger (what a smile), Marco Schwarz, James Crawford to name a few, and in some ways a complete change of the guard with not one 2019 WSC defending their title.

We may have some withdrawal symptoms next week with the no skiing to watch during the week but the women stay in Italy and head to Val Di Fassa t race 2xDH and 1 SG at the end of the coming week and the men head to Bansko to race two GS next weekend.
snow conditions
extremerob wrote:
@halfhand, the question is did he ski out, he may have made a mistake costing him a realistic chance at the podium, but did not technically ski out. The commentators were saying he may not have climbed high enough for the red gate.

In single gate slalom you don't climb up to the level of the gate you need to do a complete 360 around it, Clement Noel did this correctly when he hiked back up.

In everything else you are disqualified if you come to a complete stop so can't climb back up and continue.
ski holidays
I can't help thinking "if only". If only both Dave Ryding and Laurie Taylor had stayed on their feet/skis they would have had a great shot at a medal. Aaarrrggghhhhh!!! They must be so frustrated but it's a positive for the future.
ski holidays
Highlight for me was the Mens GS - fantastic!
snow conditions
I thought it was good to see them giving it all they had even if it meant a high risk of going out. It seems quite a few times Dave would get down an ok first run then a good second run but having been too far behind the leaders to make it count. Don’t die wondering.
ski holidays
Good result (5th) from the half Scottish Daniel Yule...
latest report
albob wrote:
British surely. What was he thinking in not choosing to be a team mate of superstar Ryding!
snow conditions
davidthornton wrote:
albob wrote:
British surely. What was he thinking in not choosing to be a team mate of superstar Ryding!

Odd as he would get oodles of funding (which they are now throwing at other nations athletes to become turn coats and join Team GB) and would have no trouble getting selected onto the GB WC squad as he did with the Swiss squad.
ski holidays
@ster, surely the system of training and support available to him through the Swiss ski team is incomparable to what he would get being a team GB skier. Also he is half swiss and it is likely more prestigious racing as a Swiss. He may do a Romeo Baumen at the end of his career with the Swiss then race for GB
snow report
@extremerob, probably but I imagine the support on offer would be commensurate with what you could/would achieve. Otherwise there would be less switching with GB being the biggest poachers around in snow sports at the moment. And he would be a big fish in a small pond.

Having said that I hope he doesn’t switch. Once you pick and play for your country that should be it.
snow conditions
@ster, Which alpine racers have switched to GB ?

Haven't bothered looking at a recent GB Snowsport annual report but I'm fairly sure that the budgets for alpine and freestyle are separate. Freestyle was well funded but alpine got very little.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy