Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So, Mountainsun - are they dead or only sleeping?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
red 27 wrote:
@admin, I hadn't resalised Robert had died. I remember him staying in Mazot at the same as me and he seemed a nice chap, very unassuming, it was only afterwards that I was told he was the boss.

Our first experience of Melezes was when me and my mate and Robert were the only guests in the whole place for the first half of the week, as you say very unassuming and it wasnt until one evening over drinks he let slip who he was, TBH it all made sence then as we couldnt believe we'd stumbled accross this jewel where the staff out numbered the guests almost 3 to 1 and nothing and I mean nothing was too much trouble for them Laughing
We always booked the 2nd week in Jan as it was always the quietest and the place was either 50% or less full. The slopes were also 50% deserted and often we'd find ourselves on runs with no one else. I must admit the staff in later years did look a bit cream crackered but then they had just come off Christmas and New Year which I gather was generally quite a raucous affair.

pam w wrote:
Well it's sad, as we've all said before, and there certainly seems to be a market for a "no frills" operation. Though the Melezes had some frills - for example private bathrooms. Whereas when we started doing budget catered chalet holidays - in the 80s - private bathrooms were certainly not considered essential. Looking at pictures of the "Frohsinn" (ex Mountainsun) it all looks very "refurbed" (and just the same as everywhere else.....).

That was the big attraction to us for Melezes it was cheap and cheerful with English staff and above all had a reasonably priced bar on site, we'd been to a few other places in the past and quite often to get a drink in the evening you had to go elsewhere and TBH after a day on the mountian it was all I could do was to crawl from the dinning area to the bar Laughing maybe I should have been a bit fitter Embarassed
I think the only downside was the 3hr or so transfer in one of their minibuses, some of the drivers did seem to have rally driver tendencies Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin wrote:
In fact, a mutual friend once told me he had boasted that he'd "filled thousands, literally thousands of early season beds through snowHeads without having to pay a penny in advertising." But that's because it was a deal that got snowHeads talking... snowHead

Interesting. Never heard of them but then I'm not in the target market.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Furbag, +1 In every way.

They had very good transfer drivers and their cakes (with proper tea) were excellent!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed at Albergo Frohsinn with a party from 2003 -2007 always in December and really enjoyed the whole experience. The good old days when you could arrange a week for just a few hundred pounds. Some years later around 2014 I made a late booking and stayed in an overspill hotel not far into San cassiano, cant rember the name but it was excellent. In the morning I had to walk up under the bridge to join the party at Albergo Frohsinn then ski back down to the lift. Sometimes we saw a women tending goats nearby. We were told the old lady was the owner of the property. She looked like she did not have two hapennies to rub together. Happy days!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy