Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heated gloves - anyone using them?

Poster: A snowHead
This season I've decided to up my game and get some heated ski gloves. Seirus is one of the best-rated brands out there for these. Curious if anyone here has any experience with those or other brands. How are they working? What do you like/don't like about them? Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tom_Ski, my wife suffers badly from Reynaud's and has to use heat assisted gloves and boots.

I think it's about 10 years now and after a few tries, she's settled on:

- Blazewear heated glove liners (so she can use them with any gloves - Hestra mittens Dec-Feb, Hestra gloves Mar-May). She's on her 2nd set and has three battery sets as two sets are needed on really cold days at full power plus a spare. Which reminds me that I need to repair one of the batteries!

- and is delighted with the Lenz heated socks which we acquired for last season and let her have cosy toes in all footwear and doesn't limit her to the heated insoles in her race boots - very useful when we want to go nordic or rando. They're bluetooth controlled from her phone which is rather handy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another vote for the Blazewear liners here too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve never heard of Seirus before, so I guess they haven’t been marketed in Europe.

I’ve been using heated ski gloves for years, but the majority where all based on the same faulty heating circuits that where used in gloves from Snowlife, Hestra, Black Diamond, Ther-mic etc. The heating circuits in the early gloves rarely lasted more than a couple of weeks, before individual fingers, or the whole glove failed. I’ve lost count how many warranty replacements I had.

I’ve now got heated gloves from Outdoor Research which, are warmer, longer lasting, and so far reliable than any of the previous brands.

I’ve never tried Blazewear, but I’ve only heard good things about them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another recommendation here for Blazewear heated liners.

Cheaper than the gloves with built in heaters (and means I can change gloves depending on conditions).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@sheffskibod, yeah, having that flexibility is rather helpful.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone else find that after a few days use their gloves don't smell too good? Whiff of Spam?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have had Blazewear liners for a few years now and think they are great

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 15-09-20 8:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pam w, I wondered but the OP has posted on other threads. And of course, if you have removable liners that whiff of canned meat, you can wash them or replace them with new ones Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Does anyone else find that after a few days use their gloves don't smell too good? Whiff of Spam?

Pam W - I'm new here, so be nice! wink When I read that I thought to myself "Poor thing. I had a friend who's feet smelled like that, too. Bummer." Very Happy

Appreciate the tips and pointers, all. Blazewear apparently is UK based, so I've got an inquiry into them to see if their stuff will work here in US (110v/60).

Seirus is the top-rated heated glove here - spendy, though, and not widely available.

Hadn't considered heated liners before - that's a great idea. Tech keeps getting better, too, so now may be the time to give those a try (in my Hestras... snowHead ).
Thanks!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Tom_Ski, snowHead Sorry to be so suspicious.....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Tom_Ski, I’d be reasonably confident that if they don’t stock one, you can get a US charger -standard plugs etc. but actually, Mrs U used them in Canada on a 3 week trip (I am reasonably sure) so you’ll be good I think.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
@Tom_Ski, snowHead Sorry to be so suspicious.....
No worries - all good! Smile

under a new name wrote:
@Tom_Ski, I’d be reasonably confident that if they don’t stock one, you can get a US charger -standard plugs etc. but actually, Mrs U used them in Canada on a 3 week trip (I am reasonably sure) so you’ll be good I think.

Good to know - thank you!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's a link to another (Dutch) company which produces heated gloves https://30seven.eu/en/. They do exactly what you might expect - they're gloves, and they heat! Actually, they're very effective - I'm on my second pair. Despite what every company says about their gloves being super flexible, the conductive membranes will ultimately break if the gloves wedged and hammered into an overfull suitcase. Having said that, in day to day use, grabbing sharp skis, etc they're very robust.
I always charge the gloves shortly before my ski trip, then take the batteries out (to prevent them being accidentally turned on in my case). On arrival, I slip them into the glove and I'm immediately ready for the slopes - no palaver.
Irrespective of the brand purchased, the batteries need a bit of care, or they'll die young. I discharge & recharge the batteries a couple of times out of season. This counteracts the slow loss of charge and prevents the batters from discharging beyond the point of no return. When charged, batteries are the best stored in a cool place (not cold, like your fridge) over the summer months.
If you suffer cold digits I thoroughly recommend heated gloves, I wouldn't go skiing without them.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
After much research and hemming/hawing, pulled trigger on some from AliExpress. Mount Tec. USD135, including shipping(free). We’ll see how they work soon. Specs are pretty much the same as the ones that cost 3x more, and they probably all come from China regardless.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000065166255.html
snow report
Tomski - don’t forget that hands and feet can get cold because of blood flow being withheld in low temperatures, with the body prioritising blood flow to the vital organs. Being well insulated on your trunk and head can actually be essential to keeping your hands warm. My daughter complained of very cold hands and it was always when she had skimped on base layers. She’s learned now, and makes sure that she’s properly layered on her upper body.
ski holidays
Good tip. Thanks, Valais2.
ski holidays
Save US$125 and buy wrist gaiters.
snow conditions
Do anybody know of warmers that just do finger tips..???
As thats my problem at the moment..i am as warm as toast but finger tips go gray and cold.. quite uncomfortable
ski holidays
As thats my problem at the moment..i am as warm as toast but finger tips go gray and cold.. quite uncomfortable
snow conditions
yorkshirelad wrote:

I'd be very surprised if such a thing exists.

I'd try some Blazewear Liners.....and use mittens, if not already doing so.
snow report
IIRC the heating element of the Blaze glove liners runs around the end of the gloves, over the tips of the fingers.
ski holidays
Take a look at these guys, been testing some of their mitts for the last week or so, nice quality, sensible prices too:

www.heatperformance.com
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, sounds like you have Raynaud’s.

Mrs U has suffered for about 15 years, can’t ski without heated hands and feet. And not skiing is not an option.

Been thru 1 pair “Klan” bike stuff very industrial, then 2 pairs Blazewear liners and about 5 battery packs.

Being in Europe, Blazewear now impractical as her last liners just gave up so found a pair of similar «  Snow Deer” liners on Amazon.

To be seen tomorrow how good ..,
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy