Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you reach Folie douce Les Arcs if you stay in La Plagne?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, can you visit folie douce in les Arcs if you stay in La Plagne? Are the resorts linked like val d'isere and Tignes in the sense that you can ski between the two?
Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
melocake wrote:
Hi there, can you visit folie douce in les Arcs if you stay in La Plagne? Are the resorts linked like val d'isere and Tignes in the sense that you can ski between the two?
Thanks!
Yes, the two are linked by the Vanoise Express cablecar, so if you have a lift pass which includes La Plagne and Les Arcs you can ski between the two areas. You will need to factor in some time to ski from the Folie back to wherever you are staying in La Plagne, so you're going to have to leave before the Folie kicks up a gear in the late afternoon.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The whole domain together is referred to as "Paradiski"

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/tarifs
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many years ago, before they built the cable car, I went down the valley on the La Plagne side to see if I could get to Les Arcs on skis. The answer, for me at least, was no Toofy Grin But then, I also followed some tracks into trees at Les Arcs and ended up, some hours later, at the road down in the valley. A friendly carpenter gave us a lift back up in his van.....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It’s definitely skiable in a day. If you ski at a half decent pace it’s around an hour and a half to ski from Plagne Centre over to the Follie in Arcs including lift time etc. Much quicker if you are based in the Les Coches/Monchavin side of La Plagne too. Give yourself time to get back as you really don’t want to missed the last Vanoise Express cable back over the valley!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Everything mentioned above is correct. La Folie Douce becomes a happy/groovy place only after 14/15 PM, you won't have much time to really enjoy yourself
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone. I assume there would be an option to take a bus back if it gets too late?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@melocake, Don't think so long way to bottom of valley at Bourg and even further back up. Don't believe there's any connection in the vallandry/ peisey Valley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
melocake wrote:
Thanks everyone. I assume there would be an option to take a bus back if it gets too late?
No, there’s no direct bus service between Les Arcs and La Plagne. By car it’s probably a 90 minute drive. You really don’t want to miss the last lifts to get you home.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@melocake, if it's so important why don't you get accommodation in Les Arcs?

No malice, just curious.

But bear in mind also... Folie Douce might not be all that this season on account of social distancing.... so making special plans for it may not be the best idea !!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ha, it's a fair question. The reason is my boyfriend and I want to go with UCPA and Les Arcs don't have double rooms only shared rooms. But we also like a good party Wink
We've already been to Tignes, Val T and Val D'isere, so we wanted to try a new resort.
Definitely a good point about Corona - trying to stay optimistic!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
melocake wrote:
Ha, it's a fair question. The reason is my boyfriend and I want to go with UCPA and Les Arcs don't have double rooms only shared rooms. But we also like a good party Wink
We've already been to Tignes, Val T and Val D'isere, so we wanted to try a new resort.
Definitely a good point about Corona - trying to stay optimistic!

If you like a good party you've really got to try Austria at some point. I've always found French apres a little reserved and somewhat posey. La Follies Douche is about as good as it gets. Fun still but nothing compared to the craziness you'll find in Austria.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
La Folie Douce in Val Thorens ruined snowHeads' favourite last stop of the day on Plein Sud. rolling eyes

Genuine old French geezers, beer and genepi ice cream - all gone in favour of overly loud noise and scantily clad young women rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Snow Hound, but not this winter..
Perhaps next year in Mooserwirt/Heustadl or in Brixen Stadl. Way better than Ischgl's Kuhstall IMO.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was in La Plagne this season and the one before. There’s apres there, not quite as wild as Folie Douce but still a great atmosphere. Bergerie is the main place for outdoor apres. It’s good fun and according to reviews has the best toilets in the resort. I agree. Smile

La Mine is awesome for live music too, down in Plagne 1800. You can ski to it but there’s a bus stop right outside. And there’s a cute coffee shop above the bus station in Plagne Centre which often has acoustic musicians playing.

I love the resort, thinking of going for a whole month next year, covid pending!
snow report
Also, would agree with the recommendations that it’s going to be cutting it fine for last lifts by the time the party actually gets going at Folie Douce.

Did a similar thing once in Meribel Folie Douce when staying in Courchevel. The panicked drunken scramble up a red piste to the mid station was not fun. Nothing like the threat of an extortionate taxi to ruin your vibe.
ski holidays
Without wishing to flog another last lifts dead horse.....it’s not just getting the Vanoise to La Plagne that’s a consideration, it’s then likely another 3 or 4 chairlifts up and over to the majority of the LaPlagne villages. They’re not exactly the quickest of lifts.

Definitely no easy way by bus to get back from Les Arcs. You’d have to get to the funicular at Arc 1600, funi down to Bourg St. M, train to Aime, bus to your LaP village. Do-able, but a right faff. A taxi would likely be pretty expensive, though IME with online shopping the prices have come down a bit in recent years, so if you could fill a minibus or something it may work out fairly reasonable as a one off booking.
latest report
Yes you can, but the lively partying in the Les Arcs Folie Douce doesn't get really moving until after 5pm. Early afternoon, which is when you'd be there if staying in La Plagne, is more a relaxed drinks on the terrace time before things get gradually more and more lively until it closes at 7pm (or 8pm on a Thursday).

To be assured of getting back to Plagne Centre (without having to use any buses on the La Plagne side), personally, I would leave at 3pm just to be safe.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy