Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Ski Hotel with Childcare

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Looking for a little advice please!

For the last three seasons we have been to St Anton x2 and Obergurgl with Esprit which has worked out well. However with Esprit not offering any holidays in Austria this year I’m trying to find an alternative. It looks like Hotel Lohmann in Obergurgl could be an alternative and doing this DIY looks okay.

Does anyone have any suggestions of hotels that are worth a look at?

We usually go skiing early March and my son will be 5 in May so it would be good for him to have half a day in ski lessons and then an activity at the hotel for the other half a day or just a couple of hours after lunch. With Esprit last year he was able to go down the kinder slopes and just about stop so it would be good to build on this Very Happy

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have had good reports from friends staying at the kinder hotel in Hinterglemm. It's not in the village though but it is very child focused with a great pool and flexible meal times etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Klamm Franzer. We went to Saalbach-Hinterglemm before having the little one and enjoyed it so I’ll have a look into this.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.kinderhotels.com/en/hotels/austria.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hotel Austria in Lech
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Rumo75, another vote for the hotel Ellmauhof in hinterglemm, tremendous for both kids and adults
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.loewebaer.com/de/Kinderhotel-Baer
Look no further. Serfaus meets all requirements for all levels & the hotel is excellent.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks folks for the suggestions. With Kinder Hotels do you have to book children’s ski lessons separately as an additional cost or is this part of the package?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Rumo75, we have booked the Hotel Alpenland in Obergurgl for March 6th. Haven’t stayed there before but extensive research indicates that it would be a good choice. Family run, good ski in/out location. Have a look at the reviews on Tripadvisor.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also check out https://www.familotel.com/en/. We have stayed at Ellmauhof (Hinterglemm), Habachklause (Bramberg), Galtenberg (Alpbach) in the past 12 months all are part of Kinderhotel/Familotel. Highly recommended approach with young kids, there is never a lack of something to do, softplay, nursery, sandpit, play area, trampoline, swimming, slides, climbing frames etc etc. Hotels have almost everything you need with kids and because you are surrounded by others who have come for the same reason, therefore there is no stigma to loud/crying/tantruming kids....

Ski lessons would tend to be separately booked, sometimes directly with hotel, sometime with local ski school, but usually childcare in the hotel will do drop offs/pickups, via some sort of noddy train or hotel bus.

They are also usually all inclusive (minus booze).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been here 3 times with my young kids. First when they were 1 and 2, then 2 and 3, then 3 and 4.

https://www.felsenhof.com/en/index.php

The normal family rooms have a sliding door between where the kids and adults sleep. Massive creche (objectively one might think it's understaffed, but it complies with Austrian law and they've always been good), pool, spa etc. Food is plentiful. IT's not expensive, especially if you use the creche for two kids as the creche is included.

Short empty bus to the slopes, from outside the ski locker. Ski school at the foot of the slopes. No need to book in advance as the ski school owner comes to the hotel on the Saturday night and they're really flexible, letting you pay by the day if needs be. Ski school collects and drops kids for full day lessons. At almost 5, my daughter did full day (i met her for lunch) and was on the button midweek and top of the mountain last two days. Personally i would do the full day for him.

Otherwise you can take them back to the hotel and drop them into the free nursery.

Cheap taxi from Salzburg or hire a car.

I'd go back every year if i didn't get bored of ski resorts easily.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I saw somebody mentioned Lech already - we've been to Hotel Austria in Lech am Arlberg a couple of times and we've always had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel is especially child-friendly Smile. And breakfast and dinner were just excellent!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy