Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl? Anyone help?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I have been tasked - by a couple of friends - with finding a ski holiday to Obergurgl that won't bankrupt them. I know it's a bit of a ritzy resort but there doesn't appear to be anything under £650 pp for a week. This is for a flight/half board hotel package in late January, so not even high season.

Do any of you very clever people wink have any insider info, secret websites, etc you can direct me to?

Thanks ever so! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anniepen, www.inghams.co.uk go down to £460 pp for a week but that's B&B only. You might manage something cheaper using iglu on a last minute basis. You might find the Obergurgl homepage helps:
http://www.obergurgl.com/english.html
This looks pretty complete in terms of listing all the available accommodation. To be honest "Obergurgl" and "cheap holiday" aren't words you'd typically find together in a sentence, if you want cheap I'd go elsewhere! I believe there is a bus running from Solden to Obergurgl - takes about 3/4 hour so you could look for a cheaper holiday in Solden with a couple of day trips up to Obergurgl.
We went in March a year ago - I put this report in the Resort Reports section

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 28-04-06 7:19; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="Ian HopkinsonThanks! Will take a look at the links - I do know that Obergurgl is expensive (which is why WE aren't going - just these mad friends!) - but maybe the Solden option will fulfill their need!

Thanks again Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not many UK operators go to Solden - I think only Neilson.

We were there before Easter (diy), and stayed at the Hotel Alphof on the Obergurgl end of town. Bus one way back to the Solden lifts, or the otherway to Obergurgl - about every half an hour in the morning IIRC. We did a quick trip up to Obergurgl one day, but we thought Solden had more high-altitude skiing - not that altitude should be really required in January.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anniepen Be warned though, Solden and Obergurgl are completely different types of places. Obergurgl is a quaint, quiet Tyrolean village at the end of the valley, whereas Solden is a brash town with loads of traffic passing through up and down the Otz valley. I don't really see much point in using Solden as a base for skiing Obergurgl although a day trip would definitely be worthwhile. A DIY holiday involving flights to Munich or Friedrichshafen and booking directly with one of the pensions in Obergurgl could be worth investigating snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Guys - I will hand on your valuable wisdom! snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Drive down and stay b&b in the Haus Homatl.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Obergurgl is not that pricey if you compare with St Anton. Beer & Food is cheaper.

I stayed at an excellent Hotel beack in April

http://www.edelweiss-gurgl.com/

Off course there are cheaper pensions

I certainly would call Solden cheap although you will find more B&B accomodation .

If you have a car you might want to conssider staying down valley at Längenfeld where accom is cheaper & you got the added attraction of the >>

http://www.aqua-dome.at/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
correction

I certainly would NOT call Solden cheap although you will find more B&B accomodation
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy