Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif Priority Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So Grand Massif are planning a 'Priority Pass' next season, which presumably means you pay a bit extra and skip the lift queues via the ski-school lane.

I can't see it going down very well, and told them as much in the survey they sent out.

Has anyone else heard about this, or seen it done in another ski area?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All sounds a bit American theme park.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Funnily enough I was just filling in the survey myself, before I came here. I very much disagree with it and made it very clear that that was how I feel.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
poo-poo. I've been expecting this for years and completely couldn't understand why most resorts didn't do it already. If you're minted and already paying £1k+ for a week holiday then an extra ton to get lift priority is well worth it.

Fitzwilliams
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just had a survey from tignes about the same thing! Feckers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Surprised it's taken this long before it's become a thing.

It's a tricky one, but if I was running a ski resort i'd be tempted to do the same.

That said, won't be buying one myself, I don't ski at peak times, so generally lift queues aren't long enough to warrant the extra cost.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiing with a VI skier in the GM, we get to skip the queue by using the ski school line, the whole point of that is the VI skier has no peripheral vision at all, and lift queues un-nerve her, filling up the ski school line with people is really not going to help at all. A lot of the time, getting the two of us on to a lift at the same time from that line usually needs the intervention of a lift person anyway as you can't get across to the gate with all the other people there, so no idea how they would organise it, singles line like some places in usa?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Based on how organised most French lift queues are (not at all) I can see all sorts of issues. People with the wrong ticket trying to blag it then getting turned away and trying to cut into main queue, people with the right ticket stuck behind blaggers, ski school held up behind either of the above, people irate because they have paid and ski school still have priority (if they do).

Would need some clear communication from a liftie at the very start of the queue, someone with good customer skills.

Can’t see a great success.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DJL wrote:
Dunno, I've never been to one, American or otherwise.

In Snowbird you get lift priority; by-the-slope parking; access to the mountain before it's open; free piste-patrol guiding;
and a few other perks if you join the Seven Summits Club.

So there's an example. It works well, albeit with North American standard lift lines. It does rather spoil you.

Most club members don't ride peak times either. It's more common to take the first runs when the
snow's untracked and the resort empty, then pull the plug early.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
philwig wrote:
DJL wrote:
Dunno, I've never been to one, American or otherwise.

In Snowbird you get lift priority; by-the-slope parking; access to the mountain before it's open; free piste-patrol guiding;
and a few other perks if you join the Seven Summits Club.

So there's an example. It works well, albeit with North American standard lift lines. It does rather spoil you.

Most club members don't ride peak times either. It's more common to take the first runs when the
snow's untracked and the resort empty, then pull the plug early.

Nor me but my sister in law did. Paid $100 extra, walked straight to the front.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy