Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Bent 90 or other 90-ish AM skis

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skied these yet?

I understand that they're a park oriented ski but also a good all mountain option from the reviews I've read. However, I went into a shop the other day and they said that I wouldn't want them unless I mainly ski park.

I ideally want an all in one ski that's a bit floatier when it gets soft than my current piste skis. We tend not to get massive powder days so I don't want anything too far. It's a bonus if they could potentially be used for some light touring with a change of binding (I've never toured but I have friends that do so would like to try). Any advice appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Find a new shop as they're obviously idiots. The Bent 90 and the Bent 100 are true all mnt ski with a pretty light construction that's getting in to touring ski weights so it could be a bit rattly on hardpack days but as you have a piste ski that'd be no issue for you. Personally they're a bit too light for my tastes and too easily deflected but if you get in to touring then that's a plus.

My direct competitor ski would be the Whitedot Altum 94 which will be 150-200g per ski heavier but still fine on the 'up'. Or there's the Whitedot Ronde 96 with a bit less tail rocker and not a twin tip giving it a true freeride touring profile with longer running length for skin engagement and a shorter tail length for kick turns.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@spyderjon, thank you. I think at the end of last season you recommended me the Altums, so that’s interesting. I won’t be buying from that shop anyway, I was looking in there and noticed they had some in stock so the guy was talking to me about them. I have a reasonable sized voucher to use in a different local shop, but they’ll have to order them in for me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I skied the Bent 90 in Canada in Dec 22. I had them for 2 days.

I had regular Head skis for 4 days from the rental shop (I think they were Supershapes or something - had a quick look through pics but they're always covered in snow) - just run of the mill rentals and they were great for on-piste but as soon as we started getting some snow falling and the piste had 2-3 inches on it, they started to struggle.

I had the Head Kore 93 for a day before them. Hated the Heads, too skittish on the piste, although was like having a bulldozer strapped to my foot for crud and mini moguls (smash smash) but turns were a bit clunky and sometimes dicey.

The rentals then said try the Bent 90's. Wow, loved these skis! Yes cool graphics top and bottom but they just felt so good in everything. I am spending my time on piste, doing greens (same as greens and blues in Europe). They smashed through crud easily, super quick turns, and didn't get too bashed off course with the loose stuff. Night skiing in them was fun, it was a bit icy towards the end of the runs by the lifts and didn't phase them at all, gripped well and I felt very confident in them. Even went up and down the quarter pipe on them (just turning near the top and back down, not jumping off it into the air) Only downside is gaining speed they felt a little unstable and we are not talking that fast - my app says I hit 18.7mph - so not the silly straight line speed some people get up to. Having said that, I don't really go all that fast, if I am going fast (for fast think @admin doing laps on blacks - where I am sure he lapped me at least twice), I can't spot the little bumps and banks and other stuff I like to have fun on.

Now this could be my fault on the skittishness. I am 174cm tall and weigh 81Kg and am 49 years old and haven't skied for 3 years, so they decided to put me on 150cm for Head Basics and then put me on 157's for the Atomic Bents (it was a bit of a shock to find my DIN was at 5 instead of 7 where it normally is as I am getting old according to the staff!). Maybe if I had gone up to the 166cm ski I would have felt more stable, but counter to that I may not have felt so nimble on the ski and god did i feel like i was swashbuckling in my turns with a huge smile on my face. We're not talking those hip turns every 2 seconds, a lovely carved turn apparently according to my instructor - or at least 1 in 3 were Smile - I wasn't the only one either as the rental place said everyone who had taken them out so far had really enjoyed them and they were pretty honest with me as I had built up a good rapport with them leading up to the holiday.

I own a set of Kastle skis DX85 -168cm, and they were great on piste but rubbish when it snowed on the last PreBBW I did in 2020, wandering all over the place. I am considering getting a set of the Bent 90's as I enjoyed them so much, just don't know if I am going too short at 157 and should go to the 166cm ones. Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hammerite, sorry late with review - did you go for something else instead or still debating?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Agent Orange, thanks, that’s a really useful review. No, I haven’t got them yet. They were out of stock at my local shop initially and the snow base here hasn’t been great so I’ve just been battering my piste skis (quite literally!).

We’re due a decent dump next week, so I might go and get them at the weekend.

Our vital stats are very similar, but I’m thinking about the 175s although the turn radius is quite a bit more for these than the 157s and 166s.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.skiessentials.com/Chairlift-Chat/2023-atomic-bent-90-ski-review/ Has a proper in depth review of them and comments - suggest reading but set aside 30 mins to trawl the entire page - 10 for the article and 20 for the comments.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.skiessentials.com/2023-atomic-bent-90-skis.html And a video review from the same guys
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Agent Orange, great thank you!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bought them today in readiness for next weeks snowmageddon (fingers crossed!). I’ll not use them this weekend as it’s all a bit scratchy still. Hopefully will next weekend.

I’d not really researched bindings so had Tyrolia Attack 14s put on. €466.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They're going to be a lot of fun for you I think. Tyrolia do very good bindings, the other ones I see recommended a lot are the Marker Griffon 13. Be interested in your thoughts after a few days on them
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For me, that 90mm waist width is a particular sweet spot for general use skis.

They seem to stretch in both directions ability wise, with really wide "gateway" to both decently hold an edge on hard pack, while extending well into powder support enough to get stuck into it without any special technique.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Agent Orange, yeah, I’m hoping they’ll be fun.

@ski3, yes, that’s why I went for these. Where I live we rarely get any big powder days so wanted something that would be fun when we did get some, but still manage in normal conditions. I’m a firm intermediate who isn’t getting any younger so going for something a bit softer I think should suit me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got the chance to use these skis this weekend. I really like them. Given the conditions, I didn’t get chance to really push them but they felt easy to ski on piste and handle the softer stuff off the side of the piste well.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@hammerite, excellent. I’m probably going to sell my Kastles and get a pair as well. Might wait until I go skiing again and try the two different sizes.
latest report
@Agent Orange, my usual piste skis are 14m radius. My Bents are 19m. I can’t say I noticed a huge difference but that’s probably me as opposed to the skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy