Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half Term in Les Menuires...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know, how long is a piece of string etc but...
Looking at a place in Preyerand area. How easy/far is it into town proper? Would it be best to hire kit in town with lockers? if so any recommendations? Would you stay in town? Any thoughts welcome...
We are driving but hope to park up and not use the car.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@harrim51, I don't know Preyerand that well, but it depends on exactly where you are, and what you need. At the top end you might be only a few hundred metres from the Croisette, but at the bottom end perhaps 800m as the crow flies and further via road. Would you be near a shuttle bus stop?

Are you having lessons, and if so where and when is the meeting point? Do you want to eat out every night?

If you are close to a piste, and don't have complete beginners with you, it could be an easy drop down to the Bettex or Tortollet chairs to access the centre for lessons starting there, but in half-term there could be long queues with a lot of people trying to do the same thing. If you don't need to access the centre directly, you can also get to the Rocher Noir chair and ski on La Masse, perhaps before the crowds. For either of those you want your kit with you; not in a locker in town. But also check also how close you can ski to your accommodation for getting back.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plenty of places in Preyerand are ski in and out. Regular little bus service you can look up on the Les Menuires website.
Better to hire kit locally I would have thought, I can think of at least three places: between the Hameau des Airelles/Marmottes, at the Coeur de Loges, and two at the apartment blocks where the Sherpa mini supermarket is near the piste and the pedestrian/skier lift that goes to the Croisette which operates 0800-2300.
Well stocked Carrefour mini supermarket at the garage near Coeur de Loges.
There's about five restaurants in Preyerand area.
Walking to the Croisette is about a mile so takes about 20 minutes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ecureuil, Thanks. Looking on the map its close to the road/bus stop. "nearest lift is 200mtrs" I take that with a large pinch of salt. Its on the piste so snow willing should be OK.
We are all OK on Blue/Reds, not having lessons, (well not planned), I like the idea of chairs for next year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@andy1234, Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Which accommodation are you looking at? We’ve stayed in 3 or 4 down that area
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We were looking at Coeur des Loges but it has fallen through so have now booked a place in Les Saisies.
Thanks.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool. For next time or if anyone is looking here, Easiest from coeur Des loges is take the ski bus up to the lifts in the morning and you can ski back to near the residence via a track which Is a bit flat/tricky/narrow depending on your ski ability
Some Weeks of the year you can ski out on tracks down to lifts

Bus takes a couple of minutes up to the bus station though and then it’s a (Not a ski, an elevator) lift up to la croisette and skiing

Pretty convenient place really
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi JONR, or anybody else, do you know if we can ski down from Coeur des Loges to the Tortollet lift ? Looking at the ski map it seems that we can drop Bettex and then Preyerand, but I am not sure they are connected...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@otaviocintra, Yes you can ski from the coeur des loges to either the Tortollet or the Bettex lift as the track splits. Either way will take roughly the same time to the croisette.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks @andy1234 Little Angel
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
if anyone is looking for some budget accommodation in three valleys you could do a lot worse than orelle (I have a place there) the new lift they have put in is unbelievably good, you can go straight up to 3200m in one hit! 20 mins from the bottom.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy